OOC Chatter

The OOC Forum for the D&D 5E: The Wild Beyond the Witchlight game
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: OOC Chatter

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:30 pm

So ... finalized your plan of action? Casting Sleep? Charm Person? Tackling him? Deceive and lead him away?
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:44 pm

Yes, I think we kinda-sorta have a plan.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:47 pm

Well, to shape up some more, we can start a chase to tackle, when we are together again, with Shiloh trying to put him to Sleep from the start. So, once we catch up to him, we will either be tying up a sleeping kenku, or tackling him to the ground if he makes his save. So: regroup, ambush, cast Sleep and start chase.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:26 pm

We may need to deal with a negative reaction from the crowd--to them it will look like we're attacking the kenku without any good reason.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:31 am

Oh, we can worsen mood? Neat mechanic. Hopefully if we can solve one or more problems it'll make up for the scene.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:51 pm

Yup! Generally you've been making actions that lighten the mood, but for example if you hadn't helped the Hall of Illusions the distraught man would have been Lost, and the mood worsened. Or were dicks to Feathereen the Giant Swan. You could have (and could still do) plenty of things that don't get you kicked out, but make others miserable.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:52 am

Aww, that would just be begging for bad karma.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:11 pm

Baba Yaga? "Mother of hags"? Mmmm... I'm still committed, but let's keep an eye on him. Who knows why they decided to shut her out. The Archfey and fey in general tend to have a wacky moral compass.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:32 am

I regret to inform you that Othniel won't be posting any more, so Trixi will be retired as a character. There are still 3 of you up and running, so the game will still go on!

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:29 pm

It seemed to me like telling an enchanted person about the spell that they are under allows them a chance to roll for disbelief, or works like releasing the spell, right? I assumed we had released the spell after we got Kettlesteam's promise of cooperation. Nobody's rolled Insight against him in case he lied. I'll roll now just in case, but Quill's not the intuitive sort.