MYZ: The Zone

How did the world end? Some Stalkers and other braggarts say they know what happened. That a great plague swept the world and killed everyone. That the bosses of the Old Age fired their weapons of mass destruction at each other and drowned the world in flames. That the gods among the stars, the Ancients’ overlords, had enough of mankind’s hubris and decided to end it all in fire and brimstone. Maybe it’s true, maybe it’s just lies and tall tales. The truth is, no one knows for sure. Except maybe the Elder. And he refuses to talk about it. We learned as children not to ask, he would curse and rave at us every time the subject came up. But I’ve heard him mumble in his sleep. He said that the Ancients ended themselves.
silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Re: MYZ: The Zone

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:07 pm

The Zone Dogs snarl and growl as Kwine speaks, spreading out as if trying to surround the group.
Roll Initiative please everyone. I'll roll for Arkod.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:41 am

Danny was too focused on the discussion, and only sees the danger once Kwine brings it up. He manages not to yell or anything, but is certainly taken aback by the pack of hostiles.
Initiative (1d6 + current Agility Score) = 1+6 = 7 Initiative.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:39 am

Already keeping his eyes turned elsewhere and keeping his mouth shut, Mart follows Kwine's pointing. He's almost shaken by the sight of the transformed canines rushing toward them even as he speaks, but the gearhead's advice alleviates his distress before he can panic. Bring on the dogs! He hefts his spikey club as they come, getting ready for a charge. But even though caught preoccupied with the hunting-talk, Danny is still quicker...
Initiative 6
3 +Agi -1 damage

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:21 am

The Zone Dogs seem to coordinate their attack, with five of them coming more or less head on toward you slowly, and another of them skulking off to one side, sticking to cover where it can and trying to circle round to your rear.

They may look scrawny and almost pathetic in their physique, but they're pretty quick with it. They close to Short range (around 20 meters away now) and one starts off in a flanking move, heading clockwise as you look at the main group.

Danny and Mart both rolled a 6, Kwine a 5 and Arkod got a 4. The Zone Dogs themselves got 11 and have used their actions for movement this turn.

If anyone needs it, there is cover in the form of shrubs and low bushes and fallen concrete blocks all within a few meters of your current positions.

Anyone of you three can post your actions in any order as there's enough targets to go round :) I'll post Arkod's actions after you three.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:41 pm

Feeling clever, Mart seeks cover in the form of a concrete block to duck Danny and Kwine's shots. He winds up his club, ready to swat the first dog that comes in range.
Mart takes cover from gunfire, so if Danny or Kwine want to shoot, they don't have to worry - too much - about attacking a dog that got close to me. I'm prioritizing cover closer to that flanking enemy, I want to make myself look like an easy target.

And then, if I can do it, I want to Ready an action to swing my club at the first dog that gets close enough. Hopefully I can hit it before it bites me.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:15 pm

Danny follows Mart into cover, not wanting to be easily surrounded by the hostile fauna. He unslings his scrap rifle and closes the chamber on one of his precious few bullets. There are reasons they're used as currency, so he feels like he's literally shooting a paycheck into the body of his enemies. But he'd rather be poor than dead, so he aims at one of the dogs and fires away.
Maneuver: Seek Cover
Action: Fire Scrap Rifle at one of the Zone Dogs. Only have 3 Bullets (well, now 2), so hopefully making them count.
- Agility 5 + Shoot 2 + 1 Gear (Scrap Rifle) -1 (Short Range) = 7 Dice. 1,2,3,4,5,6,6 = 2 Successes. 2 Base Damage, so would like to use the extra success for +1 Damage (total of 3 Damage).
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:26 am

Kwine sees his quicker comrades move first and tries to react accordingly. He positions himself behind cover next to Danny, opposite of Mart, forming a sort of makeshift 'skirmish line' with his two compatriots and hoping Arkhod has enough common sense to follow suit. As the hounds close in, Kwine takes a shot at the same beast Danny has hit. Unfortunately, his aim is unsteady and the shot goes sailing through the air above the beast.
Maneuver: Take Cover
Action: Shoot Hound - Fail

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:01 am

With Mart finding cover, Danny follows while preparing his scrap rifle and firing off a shot at one of the oncoming zone-dogs.

There is a near deafening boom as the weapon discharges it's shot and a fraction of a second later a hideous shriek as the bullet tears through the shoulder of the lead zone-dog. The animal staggers on for a yard or two before falling to the ground, a great bloody hole in it's shoulder. It doesn't appear to be dead, just yet, but it is badly wounded.

Kwine follows Danny's lead and snaps of a quick shot with his scrap pistol as he too seeks cover, but his shot flashes past the head of one of the zone-dogs.

Arkod seems to stand motionless for a moment, taking in the scene around him as his companions all seek cover, but he simply stands his ground, draws his scrap blade from the scabbard across his back and waits for the zone-dogs to get within striking distance.

End of Round One

The remaining zone-dogs seem to hesitate for a second on seeing one of their number so badly hurt, but press on with the attack for now. Arkod being the main target as he is stood out in the open. The lone animal still seems to be circling around somewhere, but is currently out of sight, with three out of the four uninjured dogs going for him. One of the other's from the main pack turns and heads toward Danny, but due to the cover, can't attack just yet (though is within melee range for next Round.)

Two of the zone-dogs bite at Arkod, but miss. The other bites at the legs of the reptilian enforcer, but Arkod's scales seem to prevent any injury.

So, nobody takes any damage, but we have 1 zone-dog ready to engage with Danny, 3 attacking Arkod (Short range from you guys), 1 down injured and 1 more stalking somewhere behind you.

You're up now, Round Two actions please. Oh, and don't forget to mark off your used bullets.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:15 pm

Seeing that he got his tactics backwards, Mart leaves cover to meet the dog coming for Danny. He swings his beat stick down at the beast at full strength, likely to get it stuck in the dirt if he misses.
Move to the zone dog in melee range of Danny. Wham-o.

1 Success, 1 Bane. 2 Damage. Please check Roll20 campaign log and let me know if I got something wrong...

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:54 pm

Kwine curses his aim as his bullet sails over the hound's head. Looking around briefly, he sees that the bulk of the pack has surrounded Arkhod, who chose to stay by himself while the rest of the group was trying to present a unified front. As one the the beasts approaches, Kwine follows Mart to close with the hound in range. A split second after Mart hits the beast with his bat, Kwine lunges at the creature, his claw burying itself inside the hound's flesh.
Move out with Mart. I am then spending 2 mutation points to activate the Manbeast claw/fangs power to inflict 2 points of damage to the hound Mart attacked.