MYZ: The Zone

How did the world end? Some Stalkers and other braggarts say they know what happened. That a great plague swept the world and killed everyone. That the bosses of the Old Age fired their weapons of mass destruction at each other and drowned the world in flames. That the gods among the stars, the Ancients’ overlords, had enough of mankind’s hubris and decided to end it all in fire and brimstone. Maybe it’s true, maybe it’s just lies and tall tales. The truth is, no one knows for sure. Except maybe the Elder. And he refuses to talk about it. We learned as children not to ask, he would curse and rave at us every time the subject came up. But I’ve heard him mumble in his sleep. He said that the Ancients ended themselves.
silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Re: MYZ: The Zone

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:40 am

Arkod swings his scrap blade down on the head of the zone-dog that bit his leg, cleaving the poor creature's skull with the jagged edge, spattering red mush over himself and the ground around him.

You're up ManWithDoor.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:24 pm

Danny's rifle is more of a liability than anything else up close, so he joins the others and tries to kick the zone dog right near him in the head, but at best does a glancing blow that does no damage.
Fight: 5,5,5,1 = 0 Successes, Miss.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:52 pm

Mart once again swings his spikey club down at man's best frenemy, striking it square on the back.
1 success. 2 damage.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:39 am

The mutt coming for Danny is felled by a combination of Mart’s bat and Kwine’s beastly claws, the animal letting out a pitiful whine as it expires. Arkod’s two remaining opponents have more luck this time, with one of them biting at his thick forearm and locking it’s jaws around the scaled limb, shaking and worrying it with razor sharp fangs.

The dog injured in the opening exchange rises to it’s feet only to be felled by a blow from Mart’s spiked bat, now covered in zone-dog gore.

The missing zone-dog suddenly reappears next to Danny, it’s jaws closing in on his leg…

(Danny) @ManWithDoor – the zone-dog sneaked around everyone in the melee and launched a sneak attack, fortunately you spotted it in time. If you want, you can use a Fast Action from this round to Parry or Dodge the attack. You need 1 Success to do so, or will take 2 Damage from the dog’s attack.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:41 am

Looking back, divided between helping a friend or an asshole, Mart decides to leave the last dog for Kwine & Danny and even the odds against Arkod's zone dogs. He doubles back over to take a swing at the one currently biting on scales. He takes a swing that misses, and his confidence shakes. He tries to make up for it with frantic swings and manages to hit the dog from the side.

mb, I thought I should wait for confirmation of dodge/parry.

Moved back to Arkod, pushed a roll to hit the dog currently 'grappling' his leg. 2 successes. Strength takes 1 Mutation.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:09 pm

Danny attempts to dodge out of the way, but isn't very successful at it.
I'm not finding any details on dodge/parry in the Corebook, but I did find the Defend action, which I assume is the right one. Fight Check = 1,1,2,4 = 0 Successes, Failure. I take 2 Damage.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:38 pm

Kwine takes a swing at the beast next to Danny, but without the aid of his mutant powers fails to land a blow that will actually hurt it.
Roll fight: Fail, will not push.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:13 pm

Danny's opponent growls as it shakes it's head, jaws clamped on his leg.

Arkod finishes off the other dog facing him and Mart's blow cripples the mangy canine that was also pestering their reptilian ally.

Only Danny's opponent remains.

Your turn guys, the final Zone-Dog is grappling Danny's leg, but has done no further damage in this new round.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:36 pm

Danny takes the butt of his rifle and starts slamming it against the face of the zone dog that is trying to bite his leg off.
Fight Action: 2 Dice (because of the Strength Damage taken) - 4,6 = 1 Success (1 Damage)

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:39 am

With Arkod's canines crushed, the slave fish returns to Danny and joins in to gang up on the last dog standing.
Back to Danny, whack the final zone dog.

3 success, 1 bane, rolled with 4 Strength dice instead of 5. Hope I did that right.