MYZ: The Zone

How did the world end? Some Stalkers and other braggarts say they know what happened. That a great plague swept the world and killed everyone. That the bosses of the Old Age fired their weapons of mass destruction at each other and drowned the world in flames. That the gods among the stars, the Ancients’ overlords, had enough of mankind’s hubris and decided to end it all in fire and brimstone. Maybe it’s true, maybe it’s just lies and tall tales. The truth is, no one knows for sure. Except maybe the Elder. And he refuses to talk about it. We learned as children not to ask, he would curse and rave at us every time the subject came up. But I’ve heard him mumble in his sleep. He said that the Ancients ended themselves.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: MYZ: The Zone

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue May 16, 2023 6:35 pm

Danny cooperates with the additional ideas his companions put forward, doing his best to enact the modifications they are making.
Loving the ideas!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Wed May 24, 2023 6:52 am

Arkod guts the grazer after all of it's limbs have been removed and puts the offal to one side before starting to clean himself up.

"Right, lets get a move on, it's gonna start getting dark soon." He grumbles while he wipes the blood from his hands (notably, on his trousers) and stands up.

"I don't wanna get caught out here in the dark, who knows what the hell is out here." He says, his reptilian grin looking a little disturbing.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue May 30, 2023 8:53 pm

Equal parts disappointed and disturbed by Arkod's attitude, Mart channels this hatred toward showing the Enforcer that he's not some baby in the wilderness, and carefully hops on the jutting rocks that form the precarious path over the rot-infected river. At the last couple of dry spots at the edge on the other side, he lurches and launches himself at the other side, and barely makes it, stumbling to safety.

(Success! Didn't have to push!)

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue May 30, 2023 11:22 pm

Danny is in his element, even if hurt and awkwardly hauling cut-up carcasses across a Rot-tainted river. Actually, that might truly be his element. Going to crazy lengths to bring resources back home is kind of his thing.
Move = 2 Successes!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:03 pm

For once, Kwine is able to complete a physical task with relative ease, a small blessing as daylight is a finite resource for avoiding trouble with both the Zone ghouls and whatever else is traveling through this wilderness.

"Okay, guys, let's haul ass while the sun's out," the Gearhead says with surprising mirth in his voice.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:15 am

Everyone manages the crossing with relative ease, the fresh meat safely stowed well away from the creek water.

Once you all reach the other side, the journey back to the Ark is a straightforward hike with the sun slowly dipping down towards the horizon.

"So, how are we going to spin this into something close to a positive result?" Arkod asks with his characteristic monotone sarcasm.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:45 pm

"First, nobody died. So I think we can count that as a success." Danny looks with annoyance at Arkod. "Second, we came back with fresh, un-Rotted meat. Third, we come bearing artifacts for the Vault. And fourth, we have a future Site we can explore further in the future, if we can deal with the hostile locals. Sounds like a winning trip to me."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:48 am

"Spin", eh. Mart shakes his head and looks at Danny, then at Kwine, then Arkod. "We didst nay achieve our goal, but the aim wast to get food. The meat shalt feed the tribe for a few days more, and we gained a hunting ground - if we get a bridge over that thrice-cursed river."

It may not be what Arkod wants to hear, but he'll probably come up with his own story after hearing their opinion. The amphibian serf blinks, then asks, "Before that white box you mentioned, did you manage to bag anything?"

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:22 am

Arkod seems oblivious to Danny's irritation, either that or he chooses to ignore it. He shrugs his broad shoulders as the group's stalker reels of a list of positives and simply turns away, though there may have been a hint of a smile on his scaled face as he did so (its hard to tell with him being a reptilian jawed mutant after all.)

Mart's question gets another shrug and a flash of annoyance crosses Arkod's face - his eyes narrow as he turns to face Mart - he jabs a finger at his own chest, "I was sent along with you three to make sure you didn't die and for some reason I went along with that. It was your job to find stuff, mine to defend you, end of."

"When we get back to the Ark, you can do all the talking you want, but the prize is still back there in the market." He snaps, stomping off in the direction of the Ark.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:18 am

Anger bubbles beneath Mart's scales. He can't take it anymore. "Know'st thou this? Thou wouldst have failed also, were it not for I!" He raises his voice at Arkod, shaky on how the enforcer might react, but he carries it through, pointing back at him, berating him in broken Middle English. "Thou wouldst be slain! I rushed headlong at a mob of ghouls for you, it nay wast mine job to do so! Hast thou no words for this?"
inb4 Arkod reaches out and snaps Mart's index finger... seriously though, whatever the consequences are, I'll accept them.