MYZ: The Zone

How did the world end? Some Stalkers and other braggarts say they know what happened. That a great plague swept the world and killed everyone. That the bosses of the Old Age fired their weapons of mass destruction at each other and drowned the world in flames. That the gods among the stars, the Ancients’ overlords, had enough of mankind’s hubris and decided to end it all in fire and brimstone. Maybe it’s true, maybe it’s just lies and tall tales. The truth is, no one knows for sure. Except maybe the Elder. And he refuses to talk about it. We learned as children not to ask, he would curse and rave at us every time the subject came up. But I’ve heard him mumble in his sleep. He said that the Ancients ended themselves.
Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Re: MYZ: The Zone

Post by Bohemond » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:14 am

"They're using weapons, and they're staying inside away from the sun," Kwine says. "I don't think they'll come out until it's dark, no matter how much we goad them. I say we head home. We know the market is here, and there's enough food present to feed a pack of those pale bastards. We need bullets, and maybe some more people." Kwine is visibly frustrated at the expedition's state of affairs, but he keeps his focus. "Still, we have useful info on the market...and, let's not forget those grazers we saw on the way here. Even if the bosses don't go for spending more resources on a second expedition, we know a good place to send hunting parties. It's not the success we want, but still a success. And we're still alive for now."

Inside his mind, the Gearhead was already making a checklist for things to do once they returned. See if Danny wants his pistol, if not, sell it for a bow and arrows. Another brute force member. One or two stalkers/handlers. Maybe a chronicler. I should definite see if Flinn is willing. And maybe see if I can get some tools.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:17 pm

Danny joins in. "Kwine has a point. About the only thing I could think would be to try to open a window or pull off a roof panel to flood that area with sunlight. If they avoid the sun, we could jump in, grab the box, and get out. Regardless, we need to be out of here before the sun sets. Grab the walking meat grazing that we found, and get back home. I'm not taking on those crazy bastards at night."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:37 am

You regroup and cautiously retreat from the supermarket, keen to avoid any unpleasant surprises as you leave the area.

You start to retrace your route back to the Ark, with the clouds building again and spots of rain falling on your shoulders.

Can we get a Follow the Path roll please, to re-locate the herd of grazers?

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:51 am

Danny still limps a bit from the fight with the zone dogs, and doesn't push too hard on the idea of trying to outwit the local monsters, and retreat with what dignity and intact limbs they can. Fortunately, now that he has the lay of the land, finding their way back is a lot easier than their trek in.
Find the Path: 5,5,5,4,3,2,2 = 0 Successes.
- Push the Roll = 6,6,5,4,4,3,2 = 2 Successes.
--- No 1's on either roll, so no Trauma and no Mutations Points. Lucky!!!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:29 am

It doesn't take anywhere near as long to retrace your steps from the ruins of the supermarket back to the ancient intersection where you encountered the grazers and zone-dogs. Fortunately, only the corpses of the dogs remain, and after a short time, you pick up the tracks of the grazers which haven't wandered far from where you originally came across them.

A dozen or so of the creatures are doing what they're best at, heads down, chomping at the tough grass and shrubs and currently unaware of your presence.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:04 am

"Alright, we don't have enough bullets to waste shooting everything." Danny has literally one shot left. "So either we gang up on one or two with our blades. Or, if these things turn out to be reasonably docile, we could herd as many as possible back to the Ark itself. That way they walk themselves!"

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:28 pm

Mart, whose animal ken goes only as far as dog petting, holds his beatstick up with both hands in a batting stance. "Bullets art too precious to waste. Let me run one of the beasts down."

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:18 pm

Kwine takes the bullet out of his pistol and gives it to Danny.

"I can't shoot for shit anyway. If necessary, I can claw at one, but I don't have anything else up close and personal. Arkhod, you still good to swing that blade?"

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:40 am

The scaled brute looks down at Kwine, snorts and hefts his scrap blade. "I'll have to get close enough first. Are you going to be a distraction for me?" He asks.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:12 am

Danny grunts. "I'm a fair hand at silently moving into a position. If you have a plan on how to herd them into a better position for attacking, I'd be happy to hear it."
Not really sure what the 'Handle Animal' skill would be. Manipulate?

Regardless, if we're going actively Hunting, I'd like to conserve as many bullets as possible, only using if truly necessary. I'm pretty good at Sneak, so I can move into a position and then provide a distraction by being all loud and such. So can contribute there. :)