MYZ: The Zone

How did the world end? Some Stalkers and other braggarts say they know what happened. That a great plague swept the world and killed everyone. That the bosses of the Old Age fired their weapons of mass destruction at each other and drowned the world in flames. That the gods among the stars, the Ancients’ overlords, had enough of mankind’s hubris and decided to end it all in fire and brimstone. Maybe it’s true, maybe it’s just lies and tall tales. The truth is, no one knows for sure. Except maybe the Elder. And he refuses to talk about it. We learned as children not to ask, he would curse and rave at us every time the subject came up. But I’ve heard him mumble in his sleep. He said that the Ancients ended themselves.
silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Re: MYZ: The Zone

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:47 am

Arkod swipes at a couple of the Zone-Ghouls as they grab at him with their gloved hands, the width of the aisle meaning only a few at a time can strike at him. His bulky body has created a bottle-neck of sorts, though a few of the ragged looking creatures are trying to climb up the shelving to get around him. They're growling and hissing in a feral way, though you're not sure if they are communicating with each other, or trying to intimidate you. Either way, there are far more of them crowding behind Arkod than is safe.

NOTE: Kwine's Initiative is a 6 (you only use Agility score in a tie-break, otherwise it's just a random D6 roll for Initiative.

Both Arkod and the Zone-Ghouls rolled a 6 for Initiative, meaning that the Ghouls go first courtesy of their higher Agility, followed by Kwine, then Arkod, Danny then finally Mart.

Kwine, make your roll to shoot, remember the bonus for your Aiming.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:14 pm

Kwine takes aim with his pistol looking for a wounded ghoul, otherwise just going for a clear shot. He calms himself, trying to do better than he did against the dogs. He lines up the shot, and fires, hitting one of things.

(Aim, Fire - 1 success, 2 damage; no change from pushed roll)

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:17 am

Kwine's pistol shot hits one of the Zone-Ghouls in the shoulder and sends it tumbling to the ground under the feet of the mass of creatures clambering around Arkod, though it seems to pick itself up among the jumble of legs and feet.

Next up - Danny or Mart - don't worry about the order you post.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:23 am

Danny moves forward to a good firing range, settles down, and aims at one of the Zone-Ghouls. He takes a quick breath, then lets loose a shot.
Shooting with my Rifle = 1 Success, 1 Failure. Pushed Roll = 5 more Successes. So 6 Successes, 1 Failure.
- Took 1 damage to my Agility, and 1 Mutation Point.

So not sure what the Failure will do (besides giving me the damage and the Mutation Point), but assuming I hit an Enemy, I would like all the extra Successes to Damage. So base 2 damage, going up to 7 damage using all the extra successes.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:19 am

Danny's rifle recoils painfully into his shoulder as he fires. The bullet punches a hole through the skull of a Zone-Ghoul leaning forward to attack Arkod, splattering brain matter over the ghoul behind it. Such was the power of the shot, that it carries on into the unfortunate ghoul standing behind Danny's original target and pierces it's heart, dropping it to the debris covered floor of the supermarket.

The failure would cause 1 point of damage to AGI (I've updated that) and as you say, give you 1 MP. Besides that, the 7 damage is pretty massive, so I've embellished on the rules a little.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:40 am

Mart is slow, but he follows through on his charge with a blustering shout, swinging at the ghoul that got up after Kwine's shot.
2 Successes! 1 Bane. :(

Shake Off if I get hurt by any ghouls. No Push.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:41 am

Mart swings with his spiked bat at the closest Zone-Ghoul, and hears a satisfying but slightly disconcerting crunch and gurgling scream as the weapon smashes into the neck of the unfortunate supermarket denizen. A fountain of blood erupts from the injury as Mart pulls the spikes from the point of impact.

Another ghoulish creature manages to land a blow with it's fist, smacking Mart across the jaw, but the big man just shakes his head and carries on.

Arkod goes into full defence mode, parrying a blow from a ghoul using some kind of chain and shouts to the others. "Time to leave!"

As if to punctuate this sentiment, the scale-skinned giant takes two rocks to the head, with two of the ghouls lying on top of the high shelves either side of you using slingshots to attack from a safe distance.

Mart successfully used Shake-it-Off to negate any damage. YOUR TURN.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:55 pm

Kwine doesn't need anymore convincing. While it was satisfying to know there was one less zone should to contend with, they were outnumbered and Kwine was down to his last bullet. He begins to back up, waiting for the two people in melee to disengage. The last thing they needed was to get split up.
Delaying turn.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:37 am

Danny waits alongside Kwine, ready to give covering fire if needed, but otherwise giving the others space and time to disengage and run the hell away.
Also delaying. Basically if they look like they're going to be mobbed/grappled by anyone, then do an Aim and Fire (my last bullet) at that person. But if it isn't necessary, going to conserve ammunition.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:34 am

Mart backpedals and then turns and runs toward the guys with the guns.