MYZ: The Zone

How did the world end? Some Stalkers and other braggarts say they know what happened. That a great plague swept the world and killed everyone. That the bosses of the Old Age fired their weapons of mass destruction at each other and drowned the world in flames. That the gods among the stars, the Ancients’ overlords, had enough of mankind’s hubris and decided to end it all in fire and brimstone. Maybe it’s true, maybe it’s just lies and tall tales. The truth is, no one knows for sure. Except maybe the Elder. And he refuses to talk about it. We learned as children not to ask, he would curse and rave at us every time the subject came up. But I’ve heard him mumble in his sleep. He said that the Ancients ended themselves.
Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Re: MYZ: The Zone

Post by Bohemond » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:06 am

Kwine tries to help his compatriot, but without his reserve of mutant powers, and no close range weapon, his background as a man who spends most of his time indoors becomes apparent.
Roll fight: Fail. Will not push.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:12 am

The final zone-dog is finished off and lies dead at Danny's feet. Arkod scowls at the others, picking off a broken scale from his arm and muttering something under his breath while he waits for everyone else to compose themselves.

"You lot fight like... a bunch of old folk..." The surly faced brute says, but then adds, "But tough old folk at least.."
Sorry for the long, long delay. 4 zone-dogs defeated.. Let me know what you want to do next, heal etc or head off to the target sector.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:14 pm

Mart sighs heavily in a mix of fatigue and relief. One could be excused for taking his goggle-eyed look for dismayed disappointment. But, all that, and Arkod offers them little praise. He just nods, taking what he can get.

"Mayhap we linger unduly here."
I think we can afford to risk another encounter before we take a rest. Yes? No?

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:17 am

Kwine wipes the blood off his clawed hand. "The Elder is the only old man I know of. And I don't think I've ever seen him fight," the Gearhead muses. "It might be good to move on, the noise and smell of blood might draw something bigger and hungrier than a zone-dog."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:16 pm

Danny looks around cautiously for more hostiles. "I think we can take the time needed to heal up, at least since dripping blood would be a great way to attract more hungry animals. But after that, I think we have to move on."
Took a couple damage, so wouldn't mind a heal attempt before we move on.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:31 pm

Ok, we'll try to heal, and then go.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:49 am

Technically for healing you will automatically recover lost attributes after a rest of 4 hours and by spending some resources, for STR loss you need to eat Grub, one ration per point of lost STR and for WITS you need to Sleep.

Taking that into account, let me know if you want to rest.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:44 am

Danny looks at their limited supplies, especially their clear lack of food, and decides to rescind his plan. "Never mind. We're here on a hunt for provisions, so we don't have time to stop and eat what precious little we have. We'll eventually have to sleep for the night, so I can soldier on until then."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:38 am

Off in the distance to the north west, you can see the landscape changes a little towards the horizon.

From the almost barren plains with their occasional stand of decrepit bushes and trees, you see more bare concrete and what appear to be the outlines of ancient buildings grouped together in ordered lines, though precisely what the original purpose of these ruined structures was you know not, only that there are rumours of something known as a super-market among these crumbling reminders of an age lost.

"Are you lot gonna move or what?" Says Arkod, his solidarity with the others quickly fading.

So we need a roll to Find the Path from our Stalker to see how well we progress through the Zone.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:36 am

Maybe it's the rush of danger they just passed through, or sheer luck, but Danny finally seems to be getting a handle on their surroundings.
FINALLY! Lol. Not failing miserably at the task I specialize in.
Find the Path = 6,6,6,5,4,3,2,1 = 3 Successes! If I get a choice on using the extra Successes, I'd like to Half the Exploration Time, and Find an Artifact. If there are no Artifacts here, then D6 Bullets.