IC - Session One - The Assembly

How did the world end? Some Stalkers and other braggarts say they know what happened. That a great plague swept the world and killed everyone. That the bosses of the Old Age fired their weapons of mass destruction at each other and drowned the world in flames. That the gods among the stars, the Ancients’ overlords, had enough of mankind’s hubris and decided to end it all in fire and brimstone. Maybe it’s true, maybe it’s just lies and tall tales. The truth is, no one knows for sure. Except maybe the Elder. And he refuses to talk about it. We learned as children not to ask, he would curse and rave at us every time the subject came up. But I’ve heard him mumble in his sleep. He said that the Ancients ended themselves.
Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Re: IC - Session One - The Assembly

Post by Bohemond » Thu May 12, 2022 10:02 pm

Kwine looks on as Em and Arkod approach, happier to see one than the other. The fact that the trio had been chosen to go was no surprise. Though there were no official "teams" or anything of the sort, Danny, Mart, and he had been hanging about together of late, and the fact that they got along with each other was no secret. And that was before Sonya had told them she was recommending the three for the expedition.

The pair in front of them was a little more confounding. Kwine knew Em wasn't a fan of Sonya's desire to have a "collection," and Arkod was Nazin's enforcer. The two didn't seem to fit together, much less with Sonya. It made the gearhead wonder. Everyone in the Ark had powers, some obvious, some subtle. But the fact that no one could say what Sonya's led to no small amount of speculation. Did the other groups include Arkod to counterbalance what he presumed was Sonya nomination of them to lead the endeavor? Or was this a way to get Nazin's blunt weapon out of the Ark for a bit? Regardless, Kwine would've preferred Flinn joining them. It would at least have saved Mart some grief.

"Depart the Ark within the hour? I can get why you're sick of putting up with me, Em, but the others are blameless," Kwine jokes to the Chronicler. "I suppose it's too late to promise not to make as much noise tinkering while you're trying to read."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri May 13, 2022 12:29 am

Mart reacts in contrast to Kwine's witty narrative. His fish eyes blink and brighten, as Sonya's suggestion earlier sinks in with Arkod present - this is really happening. Even better, it's happening now. "Truly? Outstanding! I shall be ready in half the time."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue May 17, 2022 9:07 am

While everyone readies themselves for the expedition, Arkod simply waits, his scaled arms folded across his barrel chest, a large scrap blade strapped across his back. His shoulders, groin and lower legs are protected by a patchwork of metal, plastic and rubber armoured pieces but the rest of his mottled green and brown scaled skin is bare for all to see. His face is scaled too, with a large, square jaw filled with jagged teeth and cold, unblinking eyes that seem to hold everyone around him in contempt.

The plan, as Em tells everyone, is to travel to the northwest where rumours suggest an old supermarket may still contain enough food to boost the Ark’s reserves. You are given some battered looking holdalls to bring back any bounty you will hopefully find.

“Danny, you are in charge.” Em says once everyone is ready. “As the pathfinder, you’re responsible for getting everyone there and back… Although the situation is critical here, it’s better for everyone to make it back safely. There’s no dishonour in returning empty handed if the alternative is not getting back alive.”

At that last comment, Arkod snorts derisively and shakes his head when Em looks at him sternly.

“We all know why you’re coming along Arkod, but keep everyone safe, for the sake of the whole Ark…” Em comments, clearly unimpressed that one of Boss Nazin’s henchmen has been forced onto the expedition.

Okay, if anyone has any last minute requests to buy any gear (using bullets as currency) or questions about anything else, then we’re good to go. We will switch to the IC Zone thread once the expedition is underway.

The destination is two squares directly north-west of the Ark.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed May 18, 2022 5:42 am

Martin tucks his rations of water and food away on his person and joins the group with a spiked bat resting on his shoulder. It's a thuggishly crafted murder-stick, with long, filed-down carpenter nails hammered through it. He takes two of the empty holdalls in one hand, standing ready to move out. There's a covetous glint behind his nictating membranes as his eyes flick to Arkod's weapon and gear for just a moment. If the amphibian thrall has any ill thoughts about the team, he's hiding it as usual.

"Nonsense. By the skin of our teeth, we shall return with a bounty, Em."
I forgot my weapon, so I added it to my sheet and made a test roll. I hope that looks correct.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed May 18, 2022 5:01 pm

Danny nods seriously, eschewing any jokes as he takes up the responsibility of 'Team Leader'. "I'll make sure everyone gets back alive, and with food to boot. We're not going to disappoint your trust in us." He shoulders his rusty rifle, and turns to the north-west. He focuses on his senses, starting his process of finding the safest route.

He has trained seemingly his entire life for pathfinding, but even with that he can't fully explain how he does it, or even completely understand it himself. He smells the salty air, looks at the sky and ground, and feels the tingle of the wind on his skin. Once they get moving he will let his senses instinctively guide him to the safest path through.
Got my Scrap Rifle with 3 whole bullets! Lol. So no, keeping all those on me even though they're valuable trade items. May need to actually shoot them at someone.

Also, RP-ing my 'Rot Finder' Talent, or at least attempt at hoping I get the rolls to activate it. :D
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Sun May 22, 2022 12:51 pm

Kwine nervously steps out into the Zone behind Danny. Of course, there no official border, but Kwine felt it in his gut the moment he took that one step farther away from the Ark than he'd ever been. Farther from the Elder. Farther from his home. Farther from all the people he had known his entire life.

"So, Danny, which way feels the least poison-y?"