OOC forum for Mutant Year Zero
silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Re: MYZ: Character & NPC Generation

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:19 am

A very useful mutation!

And yeah, it's encouraged to all have different mutations, so that's perfectly acceptable.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:05 am

I did have some questions on it, however. The flavor text doesn't seem to square with the rest of the descriptors.

"You are totally insensitive to the effects of the Rot. You take Rot Points normally, but you can..." - seems to say that one doesn't take damage from the Rot. But the 1st power is that you can spend 1 MP to eliminate one point of trauma from the Rot, so it looks like I'm fully sensitive to the effects of the Rot, I can just try to counteract it with MP.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:24 am

I would have said it could be a translation issue as sometimes the Swedish doesn't always sound 'normal' when translated into English, but reading the text, I think it's just badly worded.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:43 pm

Ah, that makes sense then.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:47 pm

That's something that is a consistent feature across all of their books, just a translation issue. Fortunately the forums are pretty good at clearing up any rules issues.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:05 pm

So, I've effectively finished my character. The only thing I need is a) a randomly determined artifact that I believe the GM rolls/chooses and b) maybe altering around a skill point once everyone is fleshed out. My high rolls are in Jury Rig and Comprehend, with the remainder spread around.

Basic background info -

Name: Aquinas, but most people just call him Kwine.

History: Kwine grew up with everyone in the Ark. As a child, he was fairly introverted and spent his time tinkering with the scrap, making toys and trying to "rebuild" objects. He received some bullying at the hands of the bigger kids, but mostly he was left to socialize with his more academic peers. With age, his mutation, as well as the awareness within the Ark that Kwine was willing to use said mutation in a fight, made most people think twice before trying to intimidate or shake down. Combined with his intelligence, Kwine stayed out of slavery and even earned some semblance of status as the person who could build necessary equipment and couldn't be bullied into given it up for free.

Note: edited for grammar
Last edited by Bohemond on Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:35 pm

Cool. I'll take a look at your Artifact over the weekend.

If people haven't already, can everyone chose an NPC connection from your list on your chosen Role?

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:19 am

Alright. Here is what I've got for relationships w/ Mart.

NPCs
Hate: The enforcer Arkod, who laughs at me and bullies me for my alien appearance and my manner of speech.

Protect: The slave Dissi, who, beyond being a fellow wretch in slavery, also humors my antics, more than anyone else.

PCs
Kwine: I do extra work for Kwine, and his feared reputation keeps Arkhod from harming me physically.

Stalker (MWD): With each return, I ask of him what he pray found on his scouting operation. He mayhap be nettled by my constant inquiry, methinks. (?)

No idea for a solid origin or exchange between Mart & Stalker beyond Mart's obsession as a fixed point for reference. Or maybe I'm just tired when I write this.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:49 am

No worries. We just need ManWithDoor to give their NPC relationships then we're all good to concentrate on the Ark.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:32 am

Gave a name to my Stalker - Danny. Wiry build. His most pronounced features are pock-marks on his hands/arms from encounters with acid, and sunburn-caused freckles on his face.

NPCs:
- Hate: Boss Sonya - purely because of philosophical differences, not personal ones. He thinks that artifacts should be given to the Dawn Vault for study, not for every individual to have a nifty trinket for their own use.
- Protect: Flinn (Dog Handler) - mainly because he likes his dog, Chopper. The world is a dangerous place and he's used to animals trying to eat him. Having one that is friendly and protective is a wonder.

PCs:
- Kwine (Gearhead) - admires the knowledge of Kwine, as he himself is very interested in Artifacts as well. He has little technical knowledge himself so relies on the engineer to identify garbage from treasure.
- Mart (Slave) - More confused than anything else on why Mart is so interested in what's outside the Ark. It's dangerous, it's deadly, it's scary. Who in their right mind would want to have to do anything with it? He heads out because it's required for the survival of the Ark, not out of curiosity.