MYZ: General OOC Thread

OOC forum for Mutant Year Zero
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Re: MYZ: General OOC Thread

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:11 pm

Mart has 6 Water (!) and 1 Food.

The book says that you need at least 4 hours to sleep by default, plus one resource related to the attribute. So if I eat 1 Food and sleep for 4 hours, I'd recover ALL Strength no matter how much I lost. Wits is a bit confusing. It's the same as the first requirement, so I'm not sure if that means it's just 4 hours, or if it adds another 4 hours for a total of 8. If I'm right, I can eat 1 Food and 1 Water, both mine. Danny can eat 1 Food. And then I guess we get 4 hours of sleep each, possibly 8 for Kwine.

If we really do need 8 hours for Kwine, Danny and Mart can do shifts. Arkod, being bent on doing the job, could technically count as "on watch", but he clearly also views us as a liability.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:48 am

I'm going to say for WITS you just need the 4 hours sleep.

For the initial statement in the book you need 4 hours REST (top of page 90), which for me would just be time spent not doing anything strenuous - so sitting round a camp fire, chatting a little, lying down, dozing or something similar so long as you're not engaging in any prolonged physical activity (so no crafting, hunting, arguing etc) would count as rest for me.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:29 am

Well then after we Search this place, let's do this 'Short Rest' and recover our damage?
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:18 pm

Yeah

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:01 pm

Sounds good. So between the three of us, we have 9 Food and 14 Water. Don't know what Arkhod's situation is, but he doesn't appear to want to play in any of our reindeer games anyway. That should be more than enough to sustain us and allow for healing up. The only issue is Rot, which may put a time consideration on how long we can stay.

My main plan is to get back up to full Wits, and then hopefully go gangbusters on a good Jury Rig roll to build a cart, which we can load up with food (if we find it) and scrap, which I can then use to upgrade our group's equipment and barter for rations.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:09 am

I like the way you think!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:09 pm

I'll post on monday (21st) to update, should anyone else want to post in the meantime..

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:23 pm

Apologies for the delay, I've been busy with a combination of (very selfishly) watching the World Cup, my son's birthday and now looking after my wife as she's got COVID again and is rather unwell. I'll be out of action for another few days at least, but I'll post again as soon as I can.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:55 am

Who are you cheering for in the World Cup? ( Note: there are only wrong answers here :P )

I hope you had a great celebration of your son's birthday, and that your wife recovers quickly.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:26 pm

Well, England mainly, but rather unfortunately my wife loves all things France (she's convinced that she was French in a former life) so at the weekend we have a divided house as England play France in the Quarter Finals...

My wife still isn't great, but is improving thankfully.. I'm hoping to resume posting next week.