MYZ: Ark OOC Discussion

OOC forum for Mutant Year Zero
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: MYZ: Ark OOC Discussion

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:15 pm

My understanding is that you work 1 Project at a time. We can't have the PCs running three separate Projects simultaneously using their respective Skills.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:00 am

Yeah, only 1 project at a time.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:06 pm

Got it. I was just figuring out how we fit into the Ark regarding what roles we have, in an abstract & roleplay sense.

If I weren't a frogman, I would think how cool it would be to RP our own Frostpunk campaign (if only for 1 season). But I think Spring is a good start. It certainly pushes back the harsh conditions of winter. By then I could hopefully have insulating gear I can wear into the water.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:23 am

Frostpunk is such an amazing game. I still remember my first playthrough deciding to implement Child Labor to keep afloat, then industrial accidents killing some of them. Was horrifying, but it was the 'best' choice I could make at the time. Highly recommend it, if anyone else here hasn't played it.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:23 pm

I'll have to check it out.

Do we have any other preferred distribution for the 12 development points?

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:17 pm

Is it that we can only start one project at a time, or that one project cannot be started until one is finished? The book doesn't explicitly say, but it implies that players can work different projects (the drawback being that projects will take longer as only one player I working towards reducing the work points to zero).

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:38 pm

My understanding is that you can have as many Projects going at a time, but you can only Advance one at a time. You get your Roll (per Session, or whatever), to work on one of the Projects. So if we started, say, a Steam Engine, but then halfway through changed our minds and we needed to build a Farm, we could leave the Steam Engine pending while we finish off the Farm. We couldn't Advance both simultaneously, but we could have options of what to work on if we needed to.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:56 pm

Are you guys ok starting with 5 Food, 3 Warfare, 2 Tech, & 2 Culture?

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:40 am

Yes

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:19 pm

I'm good with the starting stats. As a note, given the relatively low Culture and Tech levels, and that my initial Ark project plans of effing off on my own to grind through Comprehend-based projects is not viable, we should probably keep an eye towards turning artifacts over to the Dawn Vault. I'm not sure how the mechanics work, but looking at the projects, if we can clear Dev scores of 10 for both, that should clear any potential bottlenecks with minimum requirements for projects.

Also scrap. Lots of scrap. Kwine rolled a 3 on 2D6 for bullets, so Papa needs to build some gear for resale. ;)