MYZ: Ark OOC Discussion

OOC forum for Mutant Year Zero
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: MYZ: Ark OOC Discussion

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:50 pm

I am fully on board with that plan. Heck, I already philosophically set my guy as wanting to turn in tech to the Vault rather than hand it out. :)
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:13 am

Anything else to do on our end?

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:22 pm

I think thats just about everything. I've noted the DEV scores and I'll update the Ark sheet once I figure out how to do it on Roll20.

give me a few more days and I'll start things moving.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:58 am

Sweet!!!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:49 pm

So, for "Session One" we should start with an Assembly -

ASSEMBLY
At the start of every session, as long as one or more PCs are in the Ark, the players should hold an Assembly. That means you step out of your characters for a short while, and instead represent the entire People. Consider – as players, not as PCs – what projects you think the People should undertake. An Assembly follows these simple steps:

* Discuss which projects you think the People should undertake at this time. Remember that you can’t start a project if the Ark’s DEV ratings are too low. You cannot choose a project that has been completed before (with some exceptions). If one or more projects are already underway, you don’t need to start a new one.

* After a few minutes of deliberation, each player can nominate a project that he thinks should be undertaken by the People. The players don’t need to agree on one project, but as we will see, projects will be completed much faster if they do.

* Every player that has chosen a project notes it down on the Ark map and on the Ark Sheet (at the back of the book). Also note how many Work Points remain to complete the project.

WORK POINTS
The list of projects (below) tells you how much work a certain project needs to be completed, measured in so called Work Points. The number of Work Points is always multiplied by the number of PCs in your group. Thus, a Palisade needs 4 Work Points for a group with four PCs, but only 2 Work Points in a group with two PCs.

DEV Ratings starting as 5 Food, 3 Warfare, 2 Tech, & 2 Culture.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:02 pm

Personally, my vote is for Hunting Party as our first project. It only requires 3 successes to complete, so we can conceivably finish it in one session/round. Also, the +2D6 to food gives us the most "bang for buck." Also, if we get an average dice roll, that puts our Food above 10 which will a) reduce our body count and b) open up further projects. But of course, that can be discussed at a later assembly.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:47 pm

I'm with Bohemond. Hunting Party for +2D6 Food Supply.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:49 am

I agree. Hunting Party.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:29 am

Okay, that sounds like a quick and easy discussion.. Hunting Party it is.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:33 am

Can someone - first one online today - roll a D66 for me in Roll20 and let me know the result please?