Coriolis IC: A MEETING AT WAHIB'S

Zenith heralded the dawn of a new era – and the Horizon blossomed once again. Three dozen star systems, linked by fate and by the will of the Icons, wandered together towards a brighter future. But as the Emissaries arrived, the happy days drew to a close, and the Dark between the Stars slowly came creeping back.
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Coriolis IC: A MEETING AT WAHIB'S

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:44 pm

Breaking a chair over his impostor's back would have felt good, but Basil delayed his denigrating remark until after he lost sight of Side B, lest the team come down on him for renewing the tension after they had won what seems to be Round 1. "Damn shame."

As he listens to Adzem, he shifts and works the joint on one of his cog-inhabited fiberglass limbs and tightens a clamp, waiting to take one of the outer seats - if there's room.

"Orun II, right? Where was it headed?"

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:15 pm

Zaynab merely nods and keeps listening. So far, everything sounded very routine. Not the sort of thing that really ought to attract a group to try to get the job by deception.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:57 am

Fayz doesn't take the bait of when he gets bumped by one of the other crew. He calmly checks himself to see if anything was either taken from him or placed on him. He waits until the other group leaves the cantina and then waits for his turn to speak. "If I my ask, we were we recommended? We're not generally tasked for rescue and recovery missions."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:44 am

Mister Kembouri looks to Fayz and answers their question before providing more information on the mission.

"Our mutual friend recommended your services to our company, saying you were all very competent at many things. There are many possible opportunities in the future, should you prove to be as she says." He says.

"The Orun II was heading back to Coriolis with it's shipment of ice. A very valuable resource on a station such as this. The reason for the concern is twofold - a number of routine check-ins were missed with Coriolis' traffic control, for one. Secondly, after a number of attempts were made to contact the ship, it changed course, and is now heading directly for the Eye of Anubar asteroid swarm." Kembouri advises, a look of concern on his face.

"The crew haven't been involved in any incident like this before, and Captain Rajtun has worked for the company for twenty two years with exemplary service. Because of this Melem Gesurra wish to hire you to reach the ship and find out why it is no longer responding to communications, return it to it's original course and ensure it arrives safely here at Coriolis."

"I am to accompany you in your mission as a representative of Melem Gesurra and they have authorised payment of 20,000 birr on completion of your objectives." Mister Kembouri looks to you all, waiting for your response.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:57 pm

Zaynab nods and says, "I can see why your company is worried. I would be too. As for you accompanying us--while you are in charge of the overall mission objectives, it is our ship and we are in charge of implementing those objectives. You have to give us our independence and trust our professional judgment if we're going to be able to serve you to the best of our abilities."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:38 pm

Kembouri nods in agreement. "Absolutely Zaynab. I will be there only as a representative of Melem Gesurra and communicate their goals to the crew should they still be aboard."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:47 am

Their resident techie keeps an eye out as the rest get the story from Kembouri. "When I have the time, I'll also be happy to look into this security breach as well. Could have been as simple as someone peaking over your shoulder and reporting back. But if it's something technological on our end or yours, I want to find it and plug the leak."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:47 am

"Smart idea, Amir. Mr. Kembouri, as you said, time is of the essence. I'm Basil Farouk, ship engineer. So, are you ready to tour our bird?"

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:49 am

Mister Kembouri nods in agreement with Basil. "Indeed, that would be much appreciated. However, time is of the essence regarding the Orun II's plight and we need to leave Coriolis as soon as possible. I have only a few personal effects I need to collect and then I can meet you at the docking station and take the tour of your ship while en route." He says, smiling and shaking the hand of Zaynab and the others.

"If we meet at your ship, in say, one hour?" He says expectantly.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:10 am

Zaynab nods, but then looks off in the direction the other group went. "Are you sure you'll be safe on your own? That other crew seemed rather angry at having been caught out in their lie--and who knows how far they're willing to go. Maybe one of us should accompany you, just so you have someone watching your back?"