Coriolis IC: A MEETING AT WAHIB'S

Zenith heralded the dawn of a new era – and the Horizon blossomed once again. Three dozen star systems, linked by fate and by the will of the Icons, wandered together towards a brighter future. But as the Emissaries arrived, the happy days drew to a close, and the Dark between the Stars slowly came creeping back.
Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Re: Coriolis IC: A MEETING AT WAHIB'S

Post by Bohemond » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:08 pm

As his crew begins to move towards the table, Fayz slowly saunters to a position of his own. He decides that Basil is the most formidable shipmate in a close fight, and so puts himself in the opposite side of the table, but remaining a 2-3 meters back. Given his size, Fayz' one blind spot would be someone trying to get a weapon from under the table. If they're goin to pull a gun on me, let them have to draw it in the open to point it towards me. If nothing else, the interlopers at the table would have to split their attention in opposite directions between the ex-Legionnaires.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:12 pm

Mister Kembouri's face shows confusion and a hint of anger as Amir speaks, though the anger is not directed at him, but apparently those seated with him at the table.

"You are the crew of the Narzalus?" Kembouri asks of Amir.

"You'd better leave us now... Whoever you are." Says the woman seated directly opposite your would-be employer. "If you know what's good for you." Her voice is low and hard, her shoulders tense. She doesn't look at you, but the two men seated on her left side closest to Amir both give him a hard stare. The two on the other side of her slide their seats back a little, as if preparing to leave, though they remain seated.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:50 pm

Zaynab says nervously, "Yes, we're the crew of the Narzalus." Then, more confidently. "I'm the pilot. We can take you on a tour of the ship if you would like."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:04 pm

Adzem considers Zaynab's words for a moment before replying. "That may well be a welcome idea, once you confirm the name of our mutual acquaintance."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:35 pm

"Lea Marhoun." Basil's bass rolls in from the side. The pugnacious fellow bends forward to add, "And on the contrary, staying right here would be very, very good for us."

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:21 pm

Fayz refrains from any sudden movements, only mentally making sure not to folds his arms in case a fight breaks out. Hopefully, his crew has drawn their attention away from himself. If they make a move, try to be a wall between the imposters and Zaynab and Amir. Use the table to corral them close together. And pray the Gambler is in the mood for some informal boxing.
Not sure how the positioning of everyone is. I know Basil is on one side, and I made a point of being on the other. But I don't know which sidethe two men who moved their chairs are on, and if the imposters are looking in my direction or away from me.

I'm also presuming this isn't a place where I can stroll in wearing heavy armor and carrying a carbine.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:24 pm

Amir smirks at the likely pretenders. "If you'll move aside, Adzem and ourselves have a ship to tour. We have business to be getting to."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:07 am

The woman suddenly stands bold upright, nostrils flaring as she turns to Amir, a vicious sneer on her face.

"Yes, I'm sure you have much to discuss... But mark my words, you will regret the day you crossed us." She says, before beckoning the others to follow her out of Wahib's.

The others follow, deliberately bumping into Fayz and Basil on their way past the tables to the entrance, drawing concerned looks from those occupying tables nearby.

Mister Kembouri looks particularly worried as the interlopers file out, presumably fearing a violent encounter.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:24 pm

Zaynab looks after them and says, "We should try to find out who they are. And how they intercepted our communications." She turns her attention to Kembouri. "Sir, could you tell us how much you told them? They must have known their charade couldn't hold up for long. I fear even without anyone paying them, they might be competing with us to complete the job. They might well think they can get something out of it even without any official patronage. And they might well be willing to sacrifice the lives of your missing crew."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:52 am

Mister Kembouri gives Zaynab a pained look, "I may have given them the name of the ship they, or rather you, were contacted to find... But fortunately you arrived before I could disclose anything else of value." The tall, slim man advises. "I do hope this is the last we see of them."

Adzem Kembouri wears a bright red Sogoi inspired loose fitting robe, decorated with golden bracelets and chains. He wears large earrings and smells of exclusive Mrian sandalwood. He has a bright metal prosthetic right hand. After a few moments, he seems to calm down and gives you some background to the mission.

"I represent a shipping company called Melem Gesurra, here on Coriolis. They are a modest sized company, having a half-dozen or so bulk freighters and some other smaller vessels that run between Coriolis and the asteroid belt at the edge of the Kua system. They haul mainly foodstuffs, minerals and ice." Adzem says, catching the eye of one of the serving staff at Wahib's and ordering food and drink for everyone.

"Three days ago the heavy freighter Orun III left the asteroid belt on a routine haul, fully laden with ice, bound for Coriolis."