Coriolis IC: THROUGH THE DARKNESS

Zenith heralded the dawn of a new era – and the Horizon blossomed once again. Three dozen star systems, linked by fate and by the will of the Icons, wandered together towards a brighter future. But as the Emissaries arrived, the happy days drew to a close, and the Dark between the Stars slowly came creeping back.
Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Re: Coriolis IC: THROUGH THE DARKNESS

Post by Bohemond » Tue May 02, 2023 12:02 am

Fayz go deathly pale at the news. He silently prays to the Messenger that this new information has not reached them too late. "What do we do, Mister Kembouri? Are there Djinni?"

The old woman marked me, the Firstcomer thinks to himself.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue May 02, 2023 6:19 am

Amir rolls his eyes at these revelations. "Obviously it's being shared now, because if we knew about it ahead of time we wouldn't have taken the job. But now we're hip-deep in this feces of a situation, too late to pull out." The young man is pretty jaded by this point in his life. This is just a new type of disaster to find himself in. "So if you're up to doing an exorcism, what? We grab him, bring him over, and you perform some ritual to drive out a possessing spirit?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu May 04, 2023 8:02 am

"Well, from the message, the company has deduced that some form of darkmorph, likely a djinn, has somehow got onboard and killed some of the crew. Possibly the captain, but that is unclear. Someone, likely the person in the machine hall, has set course for the Eye of Anubar, with the intent on destroying the Orun II rather than have it get to Coriolis and allowing the entity access to all onboard the station." Mister Kembouri says, his words tumbling from his mouth.

"The ice the ship is hauling is considered too valuable by the company to simply waste, so you were hired to recover it, with me being hired in case the darkmorph turns out to be real. They are hoping I can banish it - which in theory I can."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu May 04, 2023 5:18 pm

Zaynab groans and rubs her face. "In theory?"

Then she looks up at Kembouri resolutely. "Alright, we're in this mess now, regardless of how we got into. What do you need us to do so you have the best chance of banishing the darkmorph?"

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue May 09, 2023 10:11 am

"We need to find it first." He replies. "Find out if it has possessed anyone in the crew, deny it a host body, perform a rite of exorcism or in dire circumstances, confront it directly. It all depends on exactly what kind of djinn we are dealing with." Kembouri says.

"I would say we need to sweep the ship and see if anyone else has survived, if we can get information from them all the better."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue May 09, 2023 6:12 pm

Zaynab groans, then says, "I don't think it's enough to sweep the ship, since the crew apparently want to avoid us. I think after we clear each section, we're going to need to lock them, so none of the crew can double back." She looks at Amir. "Do you think you can hack their systems to reset their locks so we control them and not the crew?"

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri May 12, 2023 3:37 am

"You all go ahead and keep planning. I'll get the lights on, and see whatever else might give us an edge." Basil starts heading to the back of the hall again to investigate the damage, using his suit's light to guide him.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue May 16, 2023 6:28 pm

Amir scratches his head. "Resetting the locks? Interesting idea. Maybe if there's a security station on the bridge or something, they might have permissions set that I could change. Otherwise, I can jam or foul individual locks, making it a pain to open again. But it wouldn't be a fast experience backtracking if needed."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu May 18, 2023 6:58 pm

Zaynab looks thoughtful. "Well, then maybe we should head right to the bridge then. I suspect that's where we're most likely to find answers anyway, in the ship's log or security footage. And, if not, we can try to take control of the locks and then sweep back through the ship to here."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Wed May 24, 2023 3:19 pm

"What is your plan then?" Kembouri asks, looking anxiously at the machine hall, conscious of the person inside.