Coriolis IC: THROUGH THE DARKNESS

Zenith heralded the dawn of a new era – and the Horizon blossomed once again. Three dozen star systems, linked by fate and by the will of the Icons, wandered together towards a brighter future. But as the Emissaries arrived, the happy days drew to a close, and the Dark between the Stars slowly came creeping back.
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Coriolis IC: THROUGH THE DARKNESS

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:24 am

Basil grunts. "Hmmmm, depends. They can't be the pilots and the folks we stared down at Wahib's unless they felt confident that they could leave the ship and crew unguarded - if the crew're alive. On the other hand, possibly a crack team sent out to misdirect our client."
Is it alright if I can too? Can I check my own sensors, or would I have to leave my role? Would it penalize for crowding?

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:10 pm

"That's true ..." says Zaynab. After a moment's thought, she says, "I say we hail them and see if they need assistance." But, by the book as she is, she makes no move to do this without approval from the others.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:09 am

Hunh. I completely missed on the first pass that the other ship was the Orun II.
Hearing no objections, Zaynab hails the other ship. "Orun II, this is the Narzalus, commissioned by Adzem Kembouri. We are here to render assistance. Do you copy?"

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:47 am

Fayz, sitting in the gunner/crane compartment, readies the equipment in case the captain wants to attempt to use it to grapple the vessel in order to get it away from the asteroid belt. Silently, he prays to the icons to help him get a clean grab.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:54 am

Amir sits by the sensor console, continuing his scans as they get closer to see if anything changes with the other ship. If they suddenly change course or speed, or some sort of energy spike can be read, then even if they don't respond to Zaynab, the party will still know that the message was received.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:12 am

Zaynab's hail is met by static, repeat hails go unanswered.

Amir's scans show no change in the energy output of the bulk hauler, with the Orun II appearing almost as black as the empty void around it. The bridge is in darkness and the windows of the crew quarters are similarly black.

The Orun II:

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:14 pm

"This can't be good," says Zaynab. "I'm going to take us in closer--fly parallel to see if we get a closer look at what's going on."
Agility 5 + Pilot 3: https://orokos.com/roll/963402: 8#1d6: 8 # 5 [1d6=5] 2 [1d6=2] 3 [1d6=3] 3 [1d6=3] 1 [1d6=1] 3 [1d6=3] 3 [1d6=3] 4 [1d6=4]: 0 successes. Pray to the Icons: https://orokos.com/roll/963403: 8#1d6: 8 # 5 [1d6=5] 4 [1d6=4] 1 [1d6=1] 2 [1d6=2] 3 [1d6=3] 5 [1d6=5] 1 [1d6=1] 6 [1d6=6]: 1 success. The dice are rather grudging with their help today.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:41 am

"If there's no reaction, we might as well dock, Captain," Basil says while eyeballing the windows.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:48 am

Amir nods. "I'm with Basil. It's either ignore them, fire on them, or board them. At this point I'm most interested in getting on board to investigate."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:55 am

"Perhaps we should make sure the derelict doesn't crash into an asteroid first," Fayz says. "No point in boarding the vessel if we have to flee it immediately." The Firstcomer waits at the crane/gunner station, ready for a decision from the captain.