Coriolis IC: THROUGH THE DARKNESS

Zenith heralded the dawn of a new era – and the Horizon blossomed once again. Three dozen star systems, linked by fate and by the will of the Icons, wandered together towards a brighter future. But as the Emissaries arrived, the happy days drew to a close, and the Dark between the Stars slowly came creeping back.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Coriolis IC: THROUGH THE DARKNESS

Post by Muskrat » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:25 pm

Zaynab momentarily freezes at the sight of the disturbing omen, then whispers to the others, "This can't be good. Do we make an offering to the Faceless One? Or should we make offerings to all of the Icons just to be safe?"

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:40 am

Basil shrugs. "Give all twelve to the Gambler. Can't leave the room out of sorts, anyhow. So who was in here last?"

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:54 am

"Well, it wasn't me. I was on my security tablet, not rooting around here. And I'm not in a particularly blasphemous mood, as far as I know." He scratches his head, trying to figure out what to do.
I copy-pasted the relevant summary entries in the OOC Thread, for easier reference.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:36 pm

Basil grunts, reluctant to appear shook by the apparent omen. "We had better do a proper look. I'll put the room back in order, and then you can do whatever you want in here."
Basil isn't going to offer going out of his way to help, but consider this the Deckhand's offering by cleaning up and making the room presentable.

You're welcome to press Basil on doing something more, in which case he'll give up his arrash sticks for the Merchant offering, if those count as a delicacy. Sadly he has nothing the Gambler would like.

You could light a small fire for the Lady of Tears using some of Basil's arrash sticks as a tiny bit of kindling.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:56 am

Fayz tries to hide his horror at the sight of the broken icons. "Do we have glue? Some sort of adhesive?" he asks. He doesn't suspect anyone from his crew, or necessarily their client. "The imposters. Amir, can you check the systems, see if there is any sign of intrusion on the ship?"

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:11 pm

Zaynab says, her voice shaking slightly, "I don't think anyone did this, except the Icons themselves. I think this is a warning that we are going to be dealing with something very dangerous on this mission. Let's make offerings to all of the Icons just to be safe. And we should do it as a group, to properly thank them for the warning. Then ... well, I guess we can do research on the area the Orun II was in and is heading to, to see if there any rumors about creepy things going on."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:53 am

"I agree with Zaynab." Says Iskander with Mister Kembouri nodding in agreement also. The company representative looks visibly shaken, sweat beading on his forehead.

"Sacrifice must be made for each of the Icons, or else who knows what could come of it. The Icons must be appeased before we reach the Orun II." He says, his voice wavering at times.

Amir's checks show that no security was breached, nobody entered the ship besides yourselves.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:51 pm

Zaynab begins organizing the crew, assigning everyone, including Kembouri, to find appropriate offerings to each of the icons. She also sets a time in a few hours for them to all come back together to make the sacrifices and offer thanks for the warning that has been sent to them.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:16 pm

Basil halts when the others gainsay or ignore him and turns around to face them again, and appears less reluctant after Kembouri has given his say. the ex-merc isn't looking forward to an exchange with the Twelve, but the client wants appeasement, so needs must.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:18 pm

Fayz begins to pick up the pieces of the shattered icons from the floor, softly praying under his breath as he places the pieces back on their respective stands as a first step. The old woman said that you carried the mark. Fayz tries to put the thought out of his mind. Instinctively, he glances at the 10 and 2 cards tattooed on his left forearm. Should've gotten that Iconograph.