Coriolis IC: THROUGH THE DARKNESS

Zenith heralded the dawn of a new era – and the Horizon blossomed once again. Three dozen star systems, linked by fate and by the will of the Icons, wandered together towards a brighter future. But as the Emissaries arrived, the happy days drew to a close, and the Dark between the Stars slowly came creeping back.
silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Re: Coriolis IC: THROUGH THE DARKNESS

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:17 pm

As you slowly make your way towards the bow of the ship, you notice one of the ice blocks has a large chunk missing, as if something has been dug out of it.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:40 am

Zaynab says, "We should probably take a look at that. At this point, I think we may learn more there than from anything inside the ship."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:07 am

Amir looks curious as well. "Good idea. Did something from space dig in through the ice, or was this from the crew doing some sort of work outside? This place is one mystery after another mystery. Truly this is the strangest place I have ever been."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:02 am

Basil walks while they talk. "Eh, might be like some things I've been present at inspections for at theshipyards. But I'd have to get much closer. I can't see a way up there. What about your drone, can it fly up there?"
I was under the impression that these ice blocks are too far away for us to examine properly? Also it looks like we aren't going back the way we came... We may actually be properly stuck until we give the client the results he wants, such as not flying into the sun.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:06 pm

Yeah, you'd have to climb up to them from the walkway which would be pretty hazardous. The drone could certainly get a look with minimal danger, and the clock is ticking so to speak.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:28 pm

Zaynab says, "Yes, let's take a look through the drone. If we see anything ... note-worthy, then we can consider investigating directly ourselves."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:12 pm

The drone moves off, hovering towards the hole in the ice block.
Give me an Observation skill check, with a +3 bonus from the drone.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:46 pm

Operating the drone in the zero-G of open space is tougher than it looks. Amir seemed to have no problem operating under normal terrestrial conditions, but navigating in the void seems to be a whole different set of problems.
Even with 7 dice, a whole lot of Zero Successes!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:36 pm

Fayz mutters to himself. That accursed old woman. "Well, if whatever is causing all of this was taken out of the ice, better out here than in a crowded shipyard." The words give him no comfort, but maybe they'll give heart to the more optimistic members of the crew.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:29 am

"True," says Zaynab. She stares at the ice bloc. "I suppose the sensible thing to do is to move on and see if we can find out anything from the bridge's records." She can't help wondering if they're giving up essential information by moving on.
ManWithDoor, it's probably worth Praying to the Icons for a reroll (p. 55).