Coriolis IC: THROUGH THE DARKNESS

Zenith heralded the dawn of a new era – and the Horizon blossomed once again. Three dozen star systems, linked by fate and by the will of the Icons, wandered together towards a brighter future. But as the Emissaries arrived, the happy days drew to a close, and the Dark between the Stars slowly came creeping back.
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Coriolis IC: THROUGH THE DARKNESS

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:00 am

"Fayz, get a pulse. How's the suit looking?"

If Basil is standing right there with Fayz next to the body, he'll inspect the suit himself.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:37 pm

Zaynab continues to monitor things from the bridge. She is anxious about the body the boarding party found, but says nothing for the moment, not wanting to distract them.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:10 am

Amir's drone hovers at head height, it's display showing the image of the body lying in the airlock, while Basil squats down beside the body on the floor.

There is no pulse, and after a few moments of investigation Basil finds a small puncture wound in the chest of dead man, similar to what a mercurium blade would leave. He also finds a small tabula in one of the pockets of the jump suit.

@Muskrat - I can use Iskandir to monitor the situation from the ship if you want your character to board the Orun II.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:29 pm

"Mm, fellow's dead. Knifed, I reckon. Mercurium tech." Basil loots the tabula off of the body. "Let's see if this is helpful." He starts reading, or playing, the latest data entries for some more information.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:12 pm

I imagine it will be more interesting if I board with the others, so let's say I do that.
Zaynab looks at the corpse in distress. "The poor fellow." She looks around. "But why would someone do this. Was there a hostile boarding earlier?"

She goes to the airlock to see if there are any records she can access there.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:44 pm

"It don't know," Fayz replies. "In what situation do pirates board a ship without causing any exterior damage, take out at least one crewman, and then leave without the cargo?" The situation wasn't adding up for the former Legionnaire. "Amir, I'm heading to the quarters. Mind scouting ahead?"

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:39 am

Amir nods, focusing on the drone controls to scout ahead. "Heading down the corridor towards the quarters. Or at least, where the quarters should be."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:25 pm

Clearly disturbed, Zaynab says, "If it wasn't boarders, that would mean the crew attacked each other. Could this have something to do with the evil the Icons warned us of?"

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:21 am

"This is most troubling indeed" says Mister Kembouri as he steps into the airlock with the others. "We should proceed with extreme caution." He adds without further explanation.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:27 am

Muskrat wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:12 pm
I imagine it will be more interesting if I board with the others, so let's say I do that.
Zaynab looks at the corpse in distress. "The poor fellow." She looks around. "But why would someone do this. Was there a hostile boarding earlier?"

She goes to the airlock to see if there are any records she can access there.
Zaynab checks the access panel on the airlock doors but can't find any records of it's use in the last several days.