Coriolis IC: THROUGH THE DARKNESS

Zenith heralded the dawn of a new era – and the Horizon blossomed once again. Three dozen star systems, linked by fate and by the will of the Icons, wandered together towards a brighter future. But as the Emissaries arrived, the happy days drew to a close, and the Dark between the Stars slowly came creeping back.
silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Re: Coriolis IC: THROUGH THE DARKNESS

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:38 am

ManWithDoor wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:39 am
Amir nods, focusing on the drone controls to scout ahead. "Heading down the corridor towards the quarters. Or at least, where the quarters should be."
The drone hovers around head height and moves off along the short corridor from the airlock, but soon comes to the obstruction of a closed door which (according to the blueprints given to you by Mister Kenbouri) leads to the main Aft section of the ship, which contains the Service Central and Machine Halls. The crew quarters are located in the bow of the ship and are only accessible via the service elevator which runs along the spine of the ship, approx 200 or so meters away.

I have added a map of the ship's floorplans to the Roll20 game and added a marker to indicate the group's current position.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:57 am

Any information gained from checking the engineer's tabula, in my last post?

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:55 pm

Most of the data on the dead person's tabula is corrupted, but one file is viewable, the crew manifest.

From the images on the file you surmise that the dead crewman is the engineer, Kakinwene Rabolbour.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:19 pm

Zaynab says, "There's no guarantee the other doors will be any more easily accessible. And we may need to get access to the machine hall if we want to keep the Orun II from drifting farther into the asteroid field. It may be worth the time and trouble to force the door open."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:47 am

Basil pockets the tabula. "Here, I'll go and give her a knock. I've dealt with a few jammed doors in my heyday flying with the Legion."

He advances down the hallway to the drone and the door where it appears to be blocked, and does exactly that.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:41 pm

Fayz checks the door with Basil. "We better make sure we can see if someone was getting locked out or locked in. Might tell us what happened here." As of right now, it appears there was some sort of violent episode on the ship. However, they needed to know who or what was the threat, and if the danger had passed.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:47 am

Amir sets the drone to auto-follow Basil, then pockets his tablet so he can draw his rifle. "Alright, covering your back. If you end up needing help with the door, just let me know."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:19 pm

You can see that, through the small glass panel in the airlock door, the room beyond is in darkness. With only the light from the helmet mounted flashlights on your exo-suits you can vaguely make out tangles of wires and tubing across the walls and ceiling.

Basil knocks on the door and after a few moments it becomes clear there is nobody coming to answer.

Apologies if I've taken the 'knocking on the door' too literally. :lol:

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:02 am

Hearing nothing, Basil leans on his good leg and tries to wedge the door open with his hands.
No sir. Now for the hard knocking: 1 success, and four 1's.

Roll: 1,5,1,3,6,1,1,3
Figuring out what I've just done: I've rolled Force, adding a +1 modifier for a total of 8 d6. I assumed that we got a +1 after making offerings at the prayer room on our ship. Please let me know if I got that correct.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:27 pm

With a shriek of metal on metal, the door slides open. Beyond the doorway, a pitch black room can be seen by the headlamp in your helmet.

Wires, cables and tubing can be seen snaking across the floor, walls and hanging from the ceiling of the room. To the aft, you can see the outline of a doorway, presumably one of the Machine Halls and directly ahead of you, you can make out the wall of what the blueprints show as the Service Central.