Coriolis IC: THROUGH THE DARKNESS

Zenith heralded the dawn of a new era – and the Horizon blossomed once again. Three dozen star systems, linked by fate and by the will of the Icons, wandered together towards a brighter future. But as the Emissaries arrived, the happy days drew to a close, and the Dark between the Stars slowly came creeping back.
silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:01 am

Zaynab begins negotiations with Neoptra spaceport to get a departure slot as the others ensure their own systems are in good order.

Mister Kembouri returns with Fayz carrying two large chests which even Fayz with his cybernetic enhancements struggles to get into the cabin assigned to your new passenger.

We need to decide on your ship roles should the situation arise. Zaynab is a Pilot of course, but we also need to decide on a Captain, Engineer, Gunner and Sensor Operator. See pg 161 - onwards of the Core book.

Also, feel free to discuss in-game your options and talk to Mister Kembouri.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:59 pm

Basil double checks various modules and their settings and heads back to the cabins.

"If the Orun II's crew are, shall we say, 'unable' to get back on course, what is our role at that juncture?"
Basil's the Engineer. I think the only position we could be lacking a strong candiate for is the Sensor Operator.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Re: Coriolis IC: THROUGH THE DARKNESS

Post by Bohemond » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:07 pm

Fayz lugs the client's trunks into his guest cabin. "That should be everything, Mister Kembouri. As a precaution, if you have any medical issues, I am also the ship's field medic," the Firstcomer informs the man. Leaving the room, his large form makes it way to the Chapel. Passing Amir, the ex-Legionnaire places a hand on Amir's shoulder and jokes under his breath, "I think our benefactor actually keeps his mistress stored in one of the trunks."
Fayz will unsurprisingly take Gunner. I'm wager Amir's got Sensor Operator locked down.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:17 pm

Who did we pick as Captain?

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:38 pm

Mister Kembouri busies himself in his cabin for a while, as you all make ready for the journey.

Iskander is the only one with the Command skill, making him the natural choice, but since he's technically an NPC I would leave the final decision to you all.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:20 pm

I think it makes more sense for a PC to get the Captain. I'm playing one in a Firefly game on another board, so I don't want to take up that mantle here.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:51 am

"Pilot, I have the last known coordinates of the Orun II, you might wish to use these as a navigation aid." Mister Kembouri says as he comes out of his room and seeks out Zaynab before settling himself down into a seat in the rec room, a blueprint of the bulk freighter spread out across the table.

Finding the Orun II - Whoever has the highest Data Djinn please make a roll on the Roll20 game.

Oh, remember, you can Pray to the Icons (pg 55-56) before you carry out a task like this to gain dice and also, someone with the same skill can Help you in the task which will also add an extra dice to roll (up to 3 people can help, but I'd say in a situation like this some of you are prepping the ship to leave the port so only 1 person can help.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:41 pm

"Thank you," says Zaynab, plugging the coordinates into the computer.
Zaynab has a Data Djinn of 1, so she can help whoever rolls.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:00 am

Amir, along with Zaynab plot a course to intercept the Orun II and after offering a brief prayer to The Messenger, the the pilot keys in the route to the nav computer and begins take-off procedures once Coriolis control gives her a timeslot.

Everyone straps in for take-off and the Narzalus slowly lifts off from the landing bay and exits Coriolis, heading into the blackness of space and leaving the immense green orb of Kua behind, heading towards the depths of the Kua system and the last known position of the freighter.

I rolled Amir's Data Djinn with +1 die from Zaynab helping. Got Zero successes, so I took the liberty of having Amir Praying to the Icons and got one success with that Pushed roll.
Darkness Points Total: +1

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:27 pm

Zaynab spends much of the trip on the bridge, making sure everything is in order. In some of her free time, she tries talking to Kembouri, curious to learn more about the life of a business agent like him. She is not trying to get any particular piece of information from him, simply to learn about the Horizon around her.