Coriolis IC: THROUGH THE DARKNESS

Zenith heralded the dawn of a new era – and the Horizon blossomed once again. Three dozen star systems, linked by fate and by the will of the Icons, wandered together towards a brighter future. But as the Emissaries arrived, the happy days drew to a close, and the Dark between the Stars slowly came creeping back.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Coriolis IC: THROUGH THE DARKNESS

Post by Muskrat » Wed May 24, 2023 6:17 pm

Zaynab sighs and holds up her hands in frustration. "I don't have a plan. I don't like not having a plan, but we need more information to form a plan. You just said you only have a foggy idea of what we're up against."

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Mon May 29, 2023 12:53 am

"How about we grab the guy who was skulking around here first so he doesn't come back and mess with the engine further?" Fayz snaps, trying to hide his discomfort at the knowledge there are Djinn aboard under a mask of wanting to get things done.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon May 29, 2023 4:52 pm

"Better plan than none. Let's go get him, and if he's possessed we can work on banishing the spirit. And if he's just panicked and paranoid, we can at least question him, and contain him so he doesn't hurt us or himself."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon May 29, 2023 7:33 pm

Zaynab nods. "Let's give it a go--though I think he's going to be hard to catch. Especially without hurting him--and, as far as we know, he hasn't done anything wrong."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:04 am

"I hope you don't mind, but I feel I would be more use out of your way in this endeavour.." Kembouri says, moving to the side of the machine hall door.

"My skills lie in other areas." He smiles, indicating with a wave of his hands for the rest of the group to set about subduing the crewman in the halls.

Let me know who's going in first and what the general plan is.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:25 pm

Zaynab looks up at where the man had been hiding. "So, he knows this ship a lot better than us and could be hiding. We'll need a way to flush him out and then surround him," she says quietly, so their target can't overhear her.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:43 pm

"I'm dexterous enough, but I think my contribution would best be in tracking and surveillance," says the man with the drone. "With an 'eye in the sky', so to speak, he'll have real trouble hiding and giving us the slip. So I can help best that way, feeding you information on his location and possible attempts to either lose you, or ambush you if he gets aggressive."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:19 am

Basil looks at both Fayz and Zaynab, then shrugs. "It ain't my wheelhouse, but I'm predicting that he won't bother us unless we try to turn on the lights. So we could bait him, or we could comb the halls until we find him, with Fayz and our drone looking out, and work our way to the controls, which will surely piss him off. Maybe."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:11 pm

Zaynab shrugs back. "I wanted to get to the bridge in the first place to get more information. It sounds like if we follow your plan, we can combine my concern for learning more and the others' worry about security. The other option is splitting in two groups, one to stay here and keep an eye on things and the other to go to the bridge. But I don't much like that since we really don't know what we're up against and we don't know how vulnerable that will make us."

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:07 am

Amir shakes his head many times in the negative. "No way. We're dealing with possessions or spirits or whatever? We split up, we're easy pickings. If we're together and one of us goes strange, the rest can pile on him until the monster can be exorcised. Or however that all works."