OOC: General Coriolis Chatter

OOC Forum for the Coriolis game
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Re: OOC: General Coriolis Chatter

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:10 am

Followed the link. I'm in. Gimme sheet.

I'll also offer some notes about PC relationships with Basil...

Zaynab
Polar opposites. Their relationship would be distant and professional. I basically put it in polite terms in the profile thread that Basil is a womanizer, so he would have made a pass. Factor that in, if it does. I assume she's a great pilot, and similarly he's a competent techie, so he wouldn't seek to rock the boat, and I imagine neither would she.

Fayz
Basil has some disdain for Fayz because of how much he misses the Legion, while Fayz just left. He has a mafia mentality with regard to the mercenary fleet, but only goes as far as how he looks at you on the street. In spite of his attitude, he envies the opportunity that Fayz had to quit on his own terms (Basil has different ideas on how one should "quit" the Legion). However, they do bear some symmetry. While lacking the experience of a merc born and raised in the fleet, Fayz is as old, and probably just as good of a fighter, as Basil was when he was demoted. Again, respect rules the relationship with Fayz.

Amir
I'm undecided on Amir. Being Zenithian, we could tie the Red Hands company with Amir's family in financial interests and/or backing, either above board or shady. Maybe Amir or his family had some dealings with the Coriolis Guard that involved Basil at least by proxy? Their relationship is probably also professional, at least on the surface. Amir and Basil both speak the language of money, although Amir also knows how to "read" it, but family/faction connections aside, it all depends on Amir.

The Red Hands
If anybody was wondering, "Red Hands" and "Sariel Khan" were made-up on the spot, and the leader of the Red Hands has no relation to the other Khan in the handbook. Unless of course the DM decides to make them related, that's cool.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:08 am

Sheet should be editable by you.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:51 pm

Right. Can everyone make sure you've chosen your starting equipment from your options and also let me know if you want to buy stuff before the game starts.

All things considered, we should be able to start early next week.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:10 pm

Zaynab is relatively easy-going and probably gets along with most of the crew well enough. Anyone who is willing to tell her stories about the places they've been and the things they've seen will have a rapt audience. That said, she will get upset with people who don't follow standard operating procedure or with those who act cruelly or dishonestly.

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Post by Hermit » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:39 pm

So I've been working on my character and I've made some headway. However, I'm still unsure as to which Concept I want to go with. As it stands I've narrowed it down to two, the Scientist (Archaeologist) and the Trailblazer (Prospector or Scout). In everyone's opinion, which one of these Concepts do you believe would best compliment the Crew dynamic?
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:49 am

A wild PC appears! Welcome aboard.

IMO, I would say the Archaelogist. Given that we're artifact peddlers, we probably could use someone who has Culture as a skill. I am concerned that a Trailblazer, between a Shipworker, a Soldier, and an Operative, may feel a little boxed out if we're not careful with the group dynamic.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:16 am

In addition to my Operative starting equipment, since the Privileged are made of money, I spent every Birr:
- Accelerator Carbine (a pretty sweet rifle)
- Protective Clothing
- Combat Shield (more for sniping from a protected position, rather than running around with it)
- Knife
- 4 Ammo Clips
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:12 am

Hermit wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:39 pm
So I've been working on my character and I've made some headway. However, I'm still unsure as to which Concept I want to go with. As it stands I've narrowed it down to two, the Scientist (Archaeologist) and the Trailblazer (Prospector or Scout). In everyone's opinion, which one of these Concepts do you believe would best compliment the Crew dynamic?
Yeah, I would personally share the same concerns as Bohemond. As artefact and archaeological 'peddlers' you're woefully short of anyone with any skills in that field, so a scientist would be very much needed.

Also, @Hermit let me know if you can get into the Roll20 game and I'll add your character to the game there.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:47 pm

I would agree that, given that we deal in artifacts, an Archaeologist makes the most sense. I will note that Zaynab does have 1 point in Culture, but someone with a stronger score in that skill certainly would not hurt.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:34 am

Culture would help us put a proper price on any... "optional" artifacts.