TOR2: T'was the Eve of Midsummer

It is the year 2965 of the Third Age and the Shadow is returning. Twenty-four years ago, an alliance of Elves, Men, and Dwarves defeated a horde of Orcs and Wild Wolves, under a sky darkened by Giant Bats, inaugurating a new era of prosperity for the Free Peoples. But two decades is a long time for peace to last, and in many dark corners of the earth a shadow is lengthening once again.

Rumours of strange things happening outside the borders of civilised lands are spreading with increasing regularity and, while they are dismissed by most as fireside-tales and children’s stories, they sometimes reach the ears of individuals who recognise the sinister truth they hide.

These are restless warriors, curious scholars and wanderers, always eager to seek what was lost or explore what was forgotten. Ordinary people call them adventurers and, when they prevail, they hail them as heroes. But if they fail, no one will even remember their names.

Moderator: silverfoxdmt73

Jon
Level 2
Level 2
User Class: Netrunner

Re: TOR2: T'was the Eve of Midsummer

Post by Jon » Sat May 27, 2023 7:59 am

Periwinkle stands aside to let Vidar pass. She is happy to let someone else do the talking. Herself, she tends to be either too agitated or too meek when it comes to giving someone a talking-to. She was just about to begin pointing, screaming and shaking her fist at Ebenezer when the young dwarven prince appeared, calm and controlled and with a regal stature, demanding but kind, sincere but determined, that makes Periwinkle take a step back in respect.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon May 29, 2023 5:06 pm

Targon stands tall, his arms crossed, looking ominous and threatening. He lets the other man handle trying to do the interrogation, while he glares from above. Best to give the impression to the instigator that talking is the best course of action.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon May 29, 2023 11:33 pm

Fargrim casts his gaze toward the stall gathering, catching sight of Vidar's fiery locks, and says to Hugh, "Aye. Let's go and see."

Without ceremony he walks off of the green with Hugh in tow.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue May 30, 2023 9:31 am

“H-he said the weed would make the competition more interesting sirs, I swear I didn’t knows it would knock them sick.” The pale faced hobbit relied to Vidar, looking up toward the towering Ranger as he manages to reply.

“I only meant it to be more fun for everyone, but there was only a few folks that wanted to try it, your friend there mister Ragnarr and those other hobbit folk. Adelard, well naturally he was too good to try it, old set-in-his-ways that he is.” Ebenezer adds, the last sentence full of distaste aimed, apparently at last year’s winner.

“I’ll pay back those that were sick master dwarf, but they bought the weed with no duress from me.” He says, somewhat reluctantly.

Jon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Jon » Tue May 30, 2023 12:15 pm

"And who is 'he'?" Periwinkle snarls, fists at her sides, "if you aren't the instigator of this spectacle? "

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue May 30, 2023 1:16 pm

"Um... An old man, I met on the Greenway, south of Bree." Ebenezer says, somewhat reluctantly, refusing to meet the eyes of any of the gathered folk.

Anyone wishing to get more information from the hobbit needs to give me a check on either AWE, INSIGHT or PERSUADE. I'm going to say that only one of you can roll, but with a +1 bonus for your additional numbers. You can of course use Hope and a Distinctive Feature if you have one that would be appropriate.

Jon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Jon » Tue May 30, 2023 1:42 pm

Periwinkle looks around, waiting for someone else to speak.
With 2 in both insight and persuade, and with target numbers of 14, and no usable distinctive features, Periwinkle is probably not the right one to make this roll.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue May 30, 2023 6:24 pm

Vidar says, "Yes, they bought the pipeweed of their own free will. But no one buys something when they expect it will make them ill. And you evidently did not properly test the product before selling it--you may have meant no harm, but you're still responsible here. But tell us more about this man you met on the Greenway. Did he give you a name? What did he look like? And how much did you pay for this bad pipeweed? I think you are entitled to a refund from him in turn."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue May 30, 2023 8:32 pm

Strong words carried on the wind relay to Fargrim the questioning going on at the stalls. He stills his golden chain as he walks, taking measured steps to reach the group. As Vidar finishes what sounds like an appeal to greed and guilty conscience, the elder dwarf tries to meet the furtive Ebenezar's eyes with an august look, and commands him with an imperious tone. "This is not the time for whatever qualms concern your reticence, good sir. For the people of Bree, we must get to the bottom of this, and you must help. Now, give us your answers."
Awe vs Ebenezar, 13

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:07 am

"It was an old man, stooped with age and with long dirty grey hair." Ebenezer says, looking Vidar and Fargrim up and down. "That's as much as I care to remember about him. The pipeweed he called Northern Lights and he offered it freely after I took a pipe with him on the roadside after a long days travelling."

With that, he folds his arms, mouth closed and he stands firm.