TOR2: T'was the Eve of Midsummer

It is the year 2965 of the Third Age and the Shadow is returning. Twenty-four years ago, an alliance of Elves, Men, and Dwarves defeated a horde of Orcs and Wild Wolves, under a sky darkened by Giant Bats, inaugurating a new era of prosperity for the Free Peoples. But two decades is a long time for peace to last, and in many dark corners of the earth a shadow is lengthening once again.

Rumours of strange things happening outside the borders of civilised lands are spreading with increasing regularity and, while they are dismissed by most as fireside-tales and children’s stories, they sometimes reach the ears of individuals who recognise the sinister truth they hide.

These are restless warriors, curious scholars and wanderers, always eager to seek what was lost or explore what was forgotten. Ordinary people call them adventurers and, when they prevail, they hail them as heroes. But if they fail, no one will even remember their names.

Moderator: silverfoxdmt73

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: TOR2: T'was the Eve of Midsummer

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:45 pm

Vidar smiles at Targon and says, "I would be honored to work with you." He turns back to Lady Gilraen and says, "My father Vali leads one of the noble houses of the Blue Mountains. He's an old-fashion warrior, but listens when I advise him on the importance of diplomacy. I'm sure you and your people have your own contacts in the Blue Mountains, but I would be happy to arrange a meeting with my father if you would like."

Jon
Level 2
Level 2
User Class: Netrunner

Post by Jon » Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:57 am

Periwinkle sneaks in through the door and joins the group silently, not wanting to disturb the serious discussion taking place.
Stealth (favoured): Feat Die: 8*,5* Success Die: 6,5,3 Totaling: 22. She uses her virtue The art of disappearing to avoid being a nuisance, but does not remain hidden after she arrives.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:42 am

"Master Vidar, I would be grateful of any help from the valiant dwarves of the Blue Mountains." Lady Gilraen nods slightly, a brief smile of gratitude crossing her otherwise solemn face.

"I believe you could reach the small village of Combe before nightfall if you set off now, but I think it might be wiser to travel at sunrise, so as to give yourself more time to survey the lands about the village in the full sun." She suggests, gaining nods of agreement from the two other rangers with her.

If you want to RP your evening at the Pony, or start preparations for the journey, I'm happy either way. I'll be on vacation until mid-July and will post again when I return.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:44 pm

"Aye," says Vidar. "Given that we know of no imminent attack, I think it makes sense to wait till the morning."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:43 pm

"As you say, Lady, a wise choice," Fargrim chimes. He thumbs his breeches, aloof over the young master's offer and its reception. "If you hear any other news, we'll be by the stalls plying our trade, on the green, or supping at the inn."

Jon
Level 2
Level 2
User Class: Netrunner

Post by Jon » Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:13 pm

After Lady Gilraen and her two henchmen departs, Periwinkle jumps up on the table with a huff.
“So, folks, Combe it is then?”
She turns around so she can see and speak to everyone.
“I'll guide you there if you wish, even if I suspect both Ragnarr and mister Hugh here both know the way. And you too, of course, Targon. Alas, it’s a short trek, less than a day along a decent trail up and down the hill, if we prolong the march until evening.”
She pats the worn messenger bag hanging at her side.
“I’ve delivered some correspondence between mister Bilbo and this wise old chap, Oswald Breeker of Combe, so I know him a bit and a piece. Mister Oswald’s a nice enough fellow once you get to know him, but the rest of the Combeses are a surly lot, if you pardon me saying so. Seems more interested in their dogs, sheep and cabbage patches than letters and the outside world. But, if they need help, we'll do what we can, right?”
Periwinkle sits down and dangles her legs over the edge of the table, displaying a pair of curly, well-walked feet.
“So, do we have everything we need for the journey? Or do we need to make some more preparations before the morrow? I, for one, will stock up on Ulfhild’s cherry crusts while they last!”

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:12 pm

Vidar smiles at Periwinkle, enjoying her enthusiasm. "Well, it seems as though we are in good hands. Fargrim and I are prepared for a long journey." He turns to Hugh. "You should buy the supplies you will need to travel with us anyway--now may as good be a time as any to do so."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:11 pm

Fargrim's eyebrows go up at the idea of Peri leading them to the imperiled town, but then again, given what he knows of her, perhaps it is for the best. "Hrm, I suppose it is better to travel in strong company than alone for a temerous hobbit like yourself. Listening this whole time, were you Periwinkle?"

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:54 pm

"Down from that table now lass!" Barnabas says, "Your mucky feet all over is the last thing people want to see." He laughs jovially.

"If you're all wantin' refreshments, I can see my way clear to an ale on the house and something for the road in the morning." He looks at you all expectantly.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:13 pm

"That's right kind of you," says Vidar to Barnabas. "I will certainly accept your kind offer."