TOR2: Onwards to Combe

It is the year 2965 of the Third Age and the Shadow is returning. Twenty-four years ago, an alliance of Elves, Men, and Dwarves defeated a horde of Orcs and Wild Wolves, under a sky darkened by Giant Bats, inaugurating a new era of prosperity for the Free Peoples. But two decades is a long time for peace to last, and in many dark corners of the earth a shadow is lengthening once again.

Rumours of strange things happening outside the borders of civilised lands are spreading with increasing regularity and, while they are dismissed by most as fireside-tales and children’s stories, they sometimes reach the ears of individuals who recognise the sinister truth they hide.

These are restless warriors, curious scholars and wanderers, always eager to seek what was lost or explore what was forgotten. Ordinary people call them adventurers and, when they prevail, they hail them as heroes. But if they fail, no one will even remember their names.

Moderator: silverfoxdmt73

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Re: TOR2: Onwards to Combe

Post by Othniel » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:02 am

Believing they would get no more useful information from the goblin, the woman set about retrieving her gear. She hoped her things were merely set aside, rather than damaged or destroyed.
I'm assuming for the sake of play that my stuff is easily retrievable, but let me know if otherwise. ^_^

I'm also assuming I can call my horse once we exit this cave.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:06 am

Vidar considers a moment then nods at Fargrim's words. He crosses his arms and looks down ominously at the wretched creature and says, "If you do not wish the Breefolk to execute you for your crimes, tell us what you know. Where did you come from? The Misty Mountains? Angmar? Elsewhere? Who is your master? What orders did they give you? Do you know the route south to the White One?"
Awe 2: 16

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:04 am

The goblin cowers before Vidar's imposing form, holding it's hand over it's head protectively. As Vidar speaks, it looks up at him, dark, watery eyes wide and pitiful looking.

"We's comin' from the hills to the north, some of us, the orcses I know not where they came from, they just came an' got a bunch of us to take the she-elf to the south is all I knows... Down the Greenway to Tharbad is all I knowses about where we was goin'." The goblin blurts out in a tumble of barely understandable words, clearly not used to speaking in a common tongue.

"The White One is an old manling, crooked and bent, but he mends our hurts if we 'ave any when we meet 'im." It adds.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:14 pm

"Tharbad?" The woman repeated. "It would seem some villainy is at work in the south of these lands."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:54 pm

Vidar nods at the elven woman's words. "Well, that your destination was Tharbad is useful to know. Tell me, goblin, do you know when or where you were to meet the White One? A password you were to use?"

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:39 pm

"I don'ts knows... The orcses were leading us.." It whimpers, sure it's answer isn't what Vidar wanted to hear.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:59 pm

Vidar glowers and asks, "And did the orcs never mention any hints of these things in the conversation?" Vidar wonders what orcs and goblins might even converse about. Probably nothing pleasant.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:22 am

The goblin simply shakes it's head, hands raised protectively, expecting the worst.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:24 pm

"You have heard the creature's words." The elf woman gestured toward the goblin. "Now you must choose what to do with it: Slay it, bind it and take it to the village of Men, or release it. I wish to leave this fetid cave quickly."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:41 pm

Fargrim is comfortable now, putting weight on his axe like walking stick, which he has planted on the hard ground. His hands squeeze it but briefly, as he looks past the goblin. He aims a leery glance toward the woman it called an elf, before setting on the goblin again.

"I gave my word. Let it go. I am loathe to travel with it."