Counterspell!

This forum contains those "neverending stories" where one person writes a bit of a story and then another person picks it up where the previous left off. Should make for some interesting reading.
Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Counterspell!

Post by Deadman » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:34 pm

The wings are burned off and the car plops back to the ground. Its metal shell is quite resistant to the flame however, and now that its past the speed bumps it continues rolling towards Dastardly.

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:45 pm

This should distract him pretty well , Crepeticia smiles over to Gronk, "Verimom", she incants. A black compact cell phone rings in Neutralidictians mage robe, it's his mother and she just has to tell him what she's been doing in Florida these past weeks, and why hasn't he called her recently? This spell is powerful and resistance is unlikely, last tried the mage defecated out of his neck ... ugly scene really.
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

DoomulusPrime
Level 12
Level 12

Post by DoomulusPrime » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:59 pm

As the carriage bears down on J. Albert Dastardly, he waves his hands back and forth, weaving a summoning incantation. He opens a rift to portal space in front of him, and suddenly a '78 Pinto appears between the carriage and himself! "The paper thin gasoline receptacle within this horseless carriage shall spell your doom, thou middling knave," J. Albert Dastardly says as he dives for cover! The Pinto looms ahead in front of the carriage - all who know of the terror that is the Ford Pinto can recognise that the slightest tap on the device's bumper will orchestrate a cavalcade of epically flamey death!

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:27 pm

The car collides right with the Ford Pinto and both explode in a huge inferno large enough to send up a small mushroom cloud. Neutraldictian stumbles out of the blaze, covered in soot but miraculously unharmed.

"Nice try. Fortunately I had my seat belt on." A charred strap of cloth falls off his shoulders. Naturally a magic car would have a magic seat belt in case of accident. "I'm going to need your insurance information. Ow, and my neck hurts a bit." Neutraldictian casts a freedom spell and the five attorneys that Grubitus trapped underground earlier pop back up to the surface.

Four of them approach Dastardly to serve him with a lawsuit for the destruction of property, injury, and emotional trauma caused by his reckless placement of the Pinto. The fifth takes the cell phone and talks with Neutraldictian's mother.

"Tell her I died in the crash," says the mage. The lawyer hangs up after giving her the bad news.

DoomulusPrime
Level 12
Level 12

Post by DoomulusPrime » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:33 pm

The lawyers approach J. Albert Dastardly with their subpoenas. Unfortunately for them, however, the Magus Dapperus is Chaotic Evil, and simply zorches them with some random attack spell when they approach. "Bloody lawyers," he mutters to himself as they twitch and make sizzly-pop noises on the ground. "And telling your Mother you died in the crash, pray? That doesn't sound terribly neutral to me, you rapscallionous jackanape. That sounds positively... evil.

Neutraldictian's neutralness is suddenly called into check. He faces an immediate Alignment Audit, unless he does something nice for someone toot sweet!

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:57 pm

"You're right. I better do something nice for someone fast." He turns to the one surviving lawyer that just got off the phone. "Hey, lawyer guy, how would you like to be a being of indomitable might able to crush enemies on a whim?"

"Would I ever! Why do you think I went to law school?" exclaims Mr. Bradley Quinn Esquire.

Neutraldictian does him the favor of transforming him into a ten foot tall winged archangel of pure lawful neutral power. A black judge's robe cloaks him, and a giant sledgehammer gavel with a glowing blue aura appears in his grasp. "Now earn your retainer fee and crush the newcomer!" commands Neutraldictian. The law angel complies, swooping at Dastardly with the deadly hammer.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:37 pm

Certain everyone else is busy with cars, mother, and lawyers Grubitus Blinks over to the She-Wizard with the Orc Paladin Body Guard and holds out his hands. In them is an old school paper mouth puppet, there are four numbers on the outside and by moving his fingers he can make the thing talk, various colors are writen on the inside of the square paprus device, "Pick a number...."

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:09 pm

"I love this game!" Crepeticia claps. "I think number 14" she says, in anticipation.
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:32 pm

Grub smiles, "Excellent..." he starts to move the mouth of the paper puppet thing, "1,2,3,4,5,6..." Each time he opens it a different way until it opens to show colors, "...11,12,13,14." He shows the inside of the mouth now luring Crep further into his weave.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:34 pm

"Blue, of course is there any other color really?? Crepeticia waits...