Counterspell!

This forum contains those "neverending stories" where one person writes a bit of a story and then another person picks it up where the previous left off. Should make for some interesting reading.
Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Counterspell!

Post by Deadman » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:02 am

Maladictian laughs maniacally as he sees the spray of alcohol join the attacking edibles and the seagull as threats approaching Magnus.

"Muahahaha! This is even better than the time I let that halfling quest against me for a year thinking my power was in a ring." He laughs again at the memory of the petite hero's face when dropping the ring into the fires of Mount Finale had no effect.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:51 am

The nameless wizard watches the battle the others have ensued and then sighs, "You broke my meteor. It seems you can't be allowed to have nice things. Well I'm leaving then."

Pointing to the sky again the nameless starts to shoot into the air. While the ground of the arena remains in place the ring marking the boundary no mage may leave without forfeit rises into the air with him threatening to leave the other mages disqualified on the arena floor.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:08 am

This has never happened before. Maladictian glances at one of the referees sitting on the sidelines, highly paid individuals with no responsibilities as there are no rules to enforce. The black and white striped shirt overseer is in the middle of reading a fantasy novel when Maladictian catches his eye. The wizard shrugs as a question.

"Oh, hrm." says the official, annoyed at having to actually pay attention. He's just reached a thrilling magical duel in the book that makes an awful point to take a break. Not being a wizard himself, the referee waves a wand at the arena, regenerating the circle of stone wall that got ripped off its foundations.

Maladictian, in anger at the Nameless One for causing legalistic confusion shouts a mighty gravity charm to squash the escapee against the ground.

"JUPITON"

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:21 am

Olipad sighs as he watches his summon fall into the lava. "Darn it... I really like that one!" He glares at Grubitus. "I will get you... eventually. For now, why don't you chew on this? Gaiaus magnus kotuna!"
As he chants the last word, he stomps, causing a large number of rock daggers to fly up, shooting at Grubitus, the nameless mage, Magnus, and the living food products.
When sneaking up on people, leave your cell phone at home... or at least off.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:30 pm

Grubitus hardly even notices the rock daggers. He wiggles his nose, "I'm rubber and your glue, whatever hits me bounces off and shoot at you!" The rock shards one after the other slam into Grubitus but the mages body is made of Uber Rubber now and they simple bounce off him and fly right back at Olipad with increased speed.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:50 pm

Maladictian acts to protect his animated cuisine, uttering "BAM!" Mid-flight the rock shards transform into a medley of delicious salts and spices that stick onto the food as enormous grains of flavor.

The bread and sword sausage are supernaturally delicious, tempting everyone nearby to try and get a taste, luring them in range of their deadly attacks.

The rest of the rock shards also turn into into delicious spices...anyone they land on will be compelled to eat themselves!

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:46 pm

Olipad snifs for a second as the rock shards-turned-spices land on his body. "This could be a problem..." Thinking for a moment, he comes up with a plan. "I know... let's do this! Aquos magera intuma!!"
As he says the last word, he jumps up as a small wave roars onto the field, washing off all of the spices and other small items flying around.

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:27 pm

Crepeticia becomes quickly aware of two things, one she is drenched and two her right forearm has a mouth sized chunk taken out of it. Horried at the sight of her mauled arm she swallows and down goes the cannabilized sweetly seasoned amatuer mage meat.
Strangley satisfied she wraps her wound, rinses her mouth, and dries herself (possibly wasting her spell for the round) with a simple chant called "Clean this mess up"!
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:14 am

The tidal wave swept through the small area of the arena the mages are clustered in. It sweeps through, overtaking the various small projectiles whizzing about, splashing up against Maladictian's toe before swirling down the pit leading to the molten interior of the planet.

In dismay the giant wizard notices that the objects heading at Magnus were diverted. "CURSES!" He roars and strikes the bubble, popping it.

Then he notices Crepeticia's arm. "BUAHAHAHAHAHA! FIRST BLOOD!" He dances an evil jig, causing the ground to tremble with each triumphant leap.

Maladictian assesses the condition of his remaining tasty time travelers. The bread is dead, soaked into a black pumpernickle mush. The sausage is fine thanks to its mysterious hot dog skin, a waterproof material that even the wizards do not understand the ingredients of. Its sword is lost though...how to make it deadly again?

"Glorta gambinkfoo jillywizz mc hamburgertime! Prepare to meat your demise," the sorceror puns wickedly as the sausage reverts back into the animals that comprised it. Soon an immense ground-meat chimera towers over the wizards (except Maladictian who has it up to his knee.)

One head is that of a fearsome cow, another of a terrifying pig, and the last is a menacing rat. As it waddles towards its foes lumps of ground meat fall from it and splatter on the ground. In fluent Japanese the heads simultaneously speak in the Samurai's voice:

"It's moments like this why I volunteered for the Time Army."
Last edited by Deadman on Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:31 am

Begin a Vegan, Grubitus finds the ground meat chimera rather foul. He is however hidden behind the steam screen, as the water falls into the lava pit sending up waves of steam. "Enough of this giant."

"Never wash your underware in hot water Maladiction, or they might shrink!" He makes a motion like working an old school wash board and suddenly Maladiction can feel his underpants starting to shrink! They squeeze and contrain, and strangle all those parts you don't want that to happen to, while at the same time they are fortified by the cotton to steel laundry detergent Grub is using making them rip proof and hard as adamantine.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring