Counterspell!

This forum contains those "neverending stories" where one person writes a bit of a story and then another person picks it up where the previous left off. Should make for some interesting reading.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Counterspell!

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:42 pm

Grub smiles, "Blue is a great choice..." he moves the mouth each time he speaks a letter of the mouth he opens and closes it again. "B. L. U. E." It ends up right back where he started from, the same colors are shown. He turns it slightly, "Pick your final color...." he glances around the battle but ignores the dangers...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:44 pm

"Blue!" she says ready for delight.
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:51 pm

Grubitus smiles, as he turns the mouth counter clockwise and opens up the right side flap, "Blue it is..." the moment he lifts the flap of the mouth the spell inscribed on there washes over the She-Wizard, so engrossed in the novelity of the item, she hasn't notice this whole time the spell has slowly been growing more and more attached to her.

The result is "Love Charm" explains Grubitius as the spell finishes its casting on Crep... Luckily it wasn't any of the other three.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:57 am

A sudden humid air accosts Crepeticia as she stands confounded looking at her future printed plainly on notebook paper. A tall handsome orc's image recedes in the distance in spurts as if he became a million miles away in only 30 seconds. His soft sad smile is the only goodbye to be said.

Lacking any comprehensible ability to interact promisingly with the other sex lacking the elixir of love (ETOH-as it's called in some circles), Crepeticia fumbles around in her head to offer this magical wonderful person - yes he must be a person under the mage trimmings - a gun rack. "Schwing!" she cries and a beautiful artificially composited oak lookalike gun rack is neatly packaged in wrapping paper and a crimson bow. She shuffles her feet and tries to artfully look into the distance as if interested in anything but him. "Grubitus is it?," she mentally prepares for this chance to talk to him. "The wraith thing - very witty", she can't speak every conversation she begins to herself ends miserably.

Her stomache suddenly objects to this sudden change of feeling and Crepeticia gasps in pain - and rocks forward quickly and prays that she can control her bowels when her heart has jumped ship to the villianous Grubitus. She hands her gift to him wordlessly praying for a bathroom break to powder her nose...
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:33 pm

"Lady Crepeticia," says Gronk as he rides up to her. "What is the matter?" He's smart enough to figure out something is wrong, but Crepeticia left his wisdom stat untouched and it is too low for him to perceive that her affection has been supernaturally stolen. "What have you done to her, villain?!" he accuses Grubitus.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:31 pm

Grubitus takes the gift, looking at the gun rack, "But I don't have a gun.." he glares at Gronk "...yet." The mage dodges the PV (projectile vomit) and waves a hand at Grink, a massive hand, similar to that of the classic Bigby Variety, appears, about 8 feet tall, and Pimp Slaps the Orc. "Filthy orc, leave me alone, get away from me. Crep, honey, dear, help me, this Orc is bothering me...."

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:25 pm

Gronk gets knocked off his wolf and flies back ten feet. The mount runs to him and licks him in concern as he dizzily stumbles back to his feet. "You've cast some kind of bewitchment on Crepeticia! I swear m'lady, by the Order of the Banana, you will be freed!"

"Hey, Grubby" calls Neutraldictian. "I haven't been followed what's been going on with you three lovebirds, but let me just say all this emotion, all these extreme desires and points of view, makes me sick. Enjoy assorted pain for ruining the non-mood."

Neutraldictian points to Grubitus, sending a stream of lightning, lava, scorpions, spoiled milk, ice, itching powder, and unsprung mouse traps at him.

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:01 am

Well now this is just ugly, Crepeticia thinks. There is no way she is going to let Grubitus take the brunt of the magic storm headed his way. He is so wonderful, she'd die for him. A crazed handsome green creature waves his arms around her but she only perceives it as further threat to Grubitus. She dashes in front of the magic storm, and braces.

The lightning passes through her, causing a shrill sream to escape her mouth, thinking soon there will be no more pain abruptly a magma-like heat overtakes her and seems to attract... scorpions 3 of which dance across her swiping stings across her cheek. Out of nowhere the oversweet rancid smell of milk well past it's prime rains down drenching her hair and dribbling down her cheek. "Grubitus," she sobs "please."

"Please escape this game, it is too much"...she stutters and then dagger-like shards of ice rain down and freeze the magma and milk and seems to bring to scorpions to a slow crawl. hovering near the armpits they twitch wondering where such foul weather came from.

A smoky cloud approaches the cold bunch, and suddenly everyone is itching out of their skin. Poor Crepeticia shudders in agony as the flaming scorpion bites are surrounded by patches of raw macerated skin. the final insult of snapping whirling mousetraps blowing by catches Crepetica on the nose and nipping her shoulders, "Love" she mutters, failing fast.

"It's not what I came here for," she thinks, "but at least I found it before I died". She wilts....

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:07 pm

"Hm, I wasn't aiming for you," says Neutraldictian. "Lucky shot."

Suddenly Gronk collapses to the floor, dropping his flaming sword and shield. For some reason he too is covered in scorpion bites, mousetrap welts, lava, ice, and spoiled milk, even though the beam didn't hit him at all.
Shield Other
Abjuration
Level: Clr 2, Pal 2, Protection 2
Components: V, S, F
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One creature
Duration: 1 hour/level (D)
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

This spell wards the subject and creates a mystic connection between you and the subject so that some of its wounds are transferred to you. The subject gains a +1 deflection bonus to AC and a +1 resistance bonus on saves. Additionally, the subject takes only half damage from all wounds and attacks (including that dealt by special abilities) that deal hit point damage. The amount of damage not taken by the warded creature is taken by you. Forms of harm that do not involve hit points, such as charm effects, temporary ability damage, level draining, and death effects, are not affected. If the subject suffers a reduction of hit points from a lowered Constitution score, the reduction is not split with you because it is not hit point damage. When the spell ends, subsequent damage is no longer divided between the subject and you, but damage already split is not reassigned to the subject.

If you and the subject of the spell move out of range of each other, the spell ends.
Gronk's sacrifice reduced Crepeticia's injuries by half. She's gravely wounded but will live thanks to his spell. However the normally robust Gronk was already injured by the Redneck Tree and this additional damage is too much. He rasps for air softly as the life leaves his body.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:26 pm

Grubby, as he's being called can't act in time to watch Crep get hit by the Cornicopia of Paintfull Items. Thankfully Gronk is as devoted as he is charming and takes up half of the damage done to Crepetica, saving her life. Grubby jumps forward and grabs hold of the woman, the itching and scorpions spreading to him as well. "Don't worry my dear, I'll save you." He plane shifts, taking the two into a tropical paradise where they are tended to by attractive gnomes with Bedazzled pants, their wounds are washed clean, and the memories of suffering and pain of the fight are washed away forever." The only thing that remains when the two are gone is a small paper toy that taunts someone to put their fingers inside it and pick a number...
I think Crep and I are steping out of this, and will be back with new characters!