Murder Mystery

This forum contains those "neverending stories" where one person writes a bit of a story and then another person picks it up where the previous left off. Should make for some interesting reading.
Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Murder Mystery

Post by Deadman » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:06 am

"I am afraid that no one may be indisposed to a murder investigation, " says Thorne, not with emotion but simply stating a matter of fact. "I will need to speak with both in due course."
If anyone new wants to jump in as either one that'd be awsome. Otherwise if someone wants to play two suspects they could also take on the role of Mr. Plum or Lady Wyckstaff. You can also show Thorne odd things around the house that may be clues before he questions them.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:09 pm

Lady Aberdine follows the inspector, "You know inspector, that I write detective novels. I can assure you that Lady Wyckstaff had nothing to do with this. You see she doesn't have the mental preturpitute to harm anyone, specially her husband. Perhaps you would want to see this, before speaking to the gardner" The house guest leads the Inspector into a small privy down the hall, there on the floor is a dropped bag of money, the coins and bills scaterred around the room, and blood drops dot the sink.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:24 pm

Sweeping into the room Lady Wyckstaff, looks to all those standing in the room. "What is the commotion? You all know this is not good for my condition!" She moves to the couch and throws herself down, liberally using her smelling salts as she lands. Her eyes fall to the body on the floor and she immediately begins sobbing and wailing about lost life and love. At the end, she faints.
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:27 pm

Upon hearing the commotion Thorne glances up from his scrutiny of the bills in the privy, then looks back down to continue his analysis. After taking in his fill of information he stands and heads back to the drawing room to retrieve Lady Wyckstaff.

With the help of Lear he manages to awaken her, and with each man holding an arm, guide the Lady out into the foyer. They place her on a couch out of sight from the body.

"Lady Wyckstaff, I am quite sorry for your loss. Please excuse the imposition but I have a few items I must ask."

He hands her a handkerchief, knowing she'll need it.

"The blood in the toliet sink. Is it a result of your consumption?"
Thorne suspects she has tuberculosis, one of the symptoms of which is coughing up blood.

The date isn't important, but let's assume it's at some point between WWI and WWII. No genetic analysis for Thorne to fall back on.

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:02 pm

She gives him a strange look, "I do not suffer from Consumption, sir." she says the last as though something distasteful is in her mouth. "I have been upstairs the majority of the day, as my condition is delicate and I can't stand the smell of his cigars." She points to where the ashtray is full on the table in the corner.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:08 pm

"Oh those belong to Sir Reginald, Mr Wyckstaff's business partner. I saw the two of them smoking and drinking brandy this afternoon. Where did Sir Reginald get himself too?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:11 pm

Lear conceals distaste for the detective's obvious ignorance. "Sir Reginald is taking the air in the Rose Garden, madam."

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:18 pm

Lady Wyckstaff looks to her servant, "Very Good, Lear. Perhaps, with so many people, he can be convinced to smoke outside for the rest of the afternoon." She clearly doesn't like the man and his habit of smoking in the house despite her delicate condition.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:16 pm

"Apologies madam. When seeking the truth one will inevitably grab hold of false leads before setting them aside. Lady Aberdine showed me a spilled bag of pounds in the toliet, with spots of blood in the sink. Do you have knowledge of what caused that scenario?"
In England bathrooms are called toliets. In this context Thorne means that money is spilled in the room, not in the bowl.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:02 pm

It's at this point that Clyde, the Wyckstaff's son, another guest for the evening stumbles in half drunk with a bottle of brandy in his hand. "Reginaaaaalll, dead, lounge." He slurs out before falling over passed out on the floor. Luckily the body of his late father graciously breaks his fall.