Murder Mystery

This forum contains those "neverending stories" where one person writes a bit of a story and then another person picks it up where the previous left off. Should make for some interesting reading.
Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Murder Mystery

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:23 pm

Lady Wyckstaff looks confused, "Why would someone throw money on the floor? It makes no sense by any stretch!" She stops and thinks a moment, "The blood, did it get all over my floor? My new rug must be destroyed!!" she wails and falls back on the couch, when her son walks in.

At his dramatic entrance she again wails, this time moaning about how her baby is now dead as well and there is something about asking God for mercy before she swoons again.

Though her question about the floor seems more about the rug's damage level, it's also something of a clue- as the rug stops about 7 feet away from the water closet door.
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:38 pm

"oh my! Did he just say Sir Reginal is also dead?" The chubby lady neighbor shouts to the butler, "Get some smelling salts good man!" Running to the side of Lady Wyckstaff, Mrs Aberdine takes the woman's hand and fans her with the nearest thing at hand, a playbill to an opera from last night, that no one in the house attended!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:29 am

Let's not mention any additional characters unless we have a new player to play them. We're still need a person for Mr. Plum, and Reginald if he isn't dead!
Thorne shouts "Order! Get him off the body," he orders nobody in the particular. "I must go to the Rose Garden and see whether Reginald is also dead, or if this young man's perceptions were clouded by drink and the man is alive."

The detective imperiously heads to the rose garden. Though Thorne has noticed interesting clues the drunkards rambling of death takes priority.
Recall that it is raining. Reginald was/is likely smoking underneath a cloister around the rose garden as to not get drenched.

Also, it was mentioned earlier that the eldest child of the Wyckstaffs was the 9 year old boy, but we can retcon it so that there are two brothers.

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:21 am

9 year old David knew exactly how the blood got in the sink. His nose had been bloodied during some rough horseplay with Clyde earlier that day. He knows nothing about the bag of coins and fears implicating himself, silently he watches the ado about him thinking for the first time "my father is finally dead."
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:18 pm

Lady Aberdine waves at David, "Oh you poor thing. David come here, your mother needs you." She motions for the young boy to come join her at his mothers side while the Inspector goes with the men to view the Rose Garden.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:05 pm

I completely missed that I'm sorry
Laying on the corpse Clyde burps loudly and seems to come to. Groggily he stares down at the dead face of his father. It takes a moment but suddenly the realization of what he's looking at hits him. Screaming in fear he jumps up runs across the room and collides with the wall. The force of the collision causes a nearby painting to fall off the wall revealing a hidden passage behind it. Dazed and confused Clyde looks about, "Whar's the dectective."

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:58 pm

Detective Thorne strides into the Rose Garden, accompanied by Lear. Reginald is lying on the ground, an empty silver flask on the ground besides him. The inspector leans down and notes Reginald's moving chest and the strong smell of liquor on his faint breath. The detective wrinkles his knows in disgust. He doesn't drink and thinks little of those that partake heavily.

"Drag him back inside, and try to revive him as well, " he tells Lear. Then he about-faces and returns inside the house.

He notices Clyde lying on the floor next to the fallen painting. He examines the revealed cavity in the wall - a hollow cube about 4x4 feet, protected by an unlocked safe. Swinging open the metal door reveals a few personal items: photographs, an antique watch, medals the Earl won for his war service. All of these are pushed against the back of the safe. Closer to the front is a single crumbled hundred-pound note, curiously lying by itself towards the front of the safe. It seems clear where the bag of money originated.

Now Thorne turns to unleash his anger on the clumsy Clyde, picking him up by the collar of his blood-stained shirt and dragging him into the foyer where his mother, brother, and Lady Aberdine wait. He plops the drunk heir on the couch next to his mother.

"You will stay seated, boy, until you are sober enough to stand," says the detective with a steel edge in his voice. He then notices young David sniffing and rubbing his nose, and smiles upon seeing the remaining traces of the nosebleed. He knows where the blood in the sink is from now.

"Lady, did you express concern for your rug earlier..." he glances down the hall at the carpet, "the rug which is nowhere near the toliet's door?"
Current clues:
Bloody out of place andiron (likely murder weapon)
Bag of money dropped in the bathroom
Opened safe with money taken
Mr. Plum found the body first (someone needs to play him)
Rug near bathroom was moved away

Right now most of the people are in the foyer, the entrance hall by the front door. The body is in the adjacent room, the drawing room, which is also where the safe and the fireplace with the andirons is.

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:21 pm

David breaks out in a sweat and sits beside his keening mother. Her cries alternate with clenching his left hand, and neither appear comforted. He waits for Lady Wyckstaff to tell the inspector about the rug.
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:56 pm

Lady Aberdine pats the young boy on the shoulder, "There there David. Its all right." She waves the opera play bill still fanning the Lady of the House. "Oh my, oh my, a double murder? I surely hope not, Sir Reginald is such a nice man, from such a nice family, too bad they went backrupt." She turns the fanning to herself.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:48 pm

Detective Thorne glances towards the hall leading towards the rose garden, waiting for Lear to drag the drunken Reginald back inside. Lady Wyckstaff is a bit too emotional to answer his questions about the rug so he waits for her to calm down and questions Aberdine in the meanwhile.

"Reginald isn't dead Lady Aberdine, but intoxicated, as our future Earl here. Are you a fan of the opera?"