Murder Mystery

This forum contains those "neverending stories" where one person writes a bit of a story and then another person picks it up where the previous left off. Should make for some interesting reading.
od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Re: Murder Mystery

Post by od » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:26 pm

"Like I said, I give him money every month. The old man had problems but I'm not gonna leave him, and Davey, and mum out on the street." He shakes his head as he walks back into the room with the detective. "But that note from the play bill isn't from me. I left the old man a hundred pounds a month, in five pound notes. Most of the bills I just pay directly so that was money for personal things."
By exchange rates that'd be about 5 thousand a month by modern exchange rates.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:53 pm

"So it was the Earl's money, by way of your charity! The question is how your gift found its way from the safe to the lavatory floor. Who knew the combination? Or perhaps your father opened it...the staff is paid from that fund also I presume, and Mr. Plum was scheduled to meet with him."
Anyone feel free to chime in clues, although preferably ones that build on the clues we already have, like the playbill with the hundred pound note, the money in the bathroom, the moved rug, etc. Also, anyone feel like playing as the Earl's awaking business associate?

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:35 pm

Lady Wyckstaff can only just hear the mention of the safe. "I for one was not allowed the combination to the main safe." She sniffs and dabs her eyes with her hankerchief before continuing. "The main safe was used for his money, while a smaller safe in my boudoir was used for mine. So i really did not have any reason to have the numbers for the other."
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:41 pm

"So it likely was your father then, " says Thorne. "Mr. Plum, Lear, were either of you to be paid today?" the detective asks the two staff members.

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:48 pm

David watches as Clyde takes control of the situation, poisoning the detective's mind about his Dad. At least when he did see his father he was nice to be around, not like the large morose emotional wreck their mother had turned into after the loss of their baby sister shortly after her 1st birthday.

He begins to walk upstairs to his room when he sees that the nursery door always shut, was slightly ajar. He walks towards it and peeks inside.
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:47 pm

Thorne senses young David is troubled by Clyde's account, and is holding back something. Perhaps the child will open up in time.

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:52 pm

"I get paid by the week, sir" Mr. Plum responds. "I get paid every Friday around 6- or 7-o' clock."

What day of the week is it?

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:08 pm

I suppose it's Friday night. Or at least it is now :)
"Then it makes sense that the Earl would open the safe to pay you. Yet he left it open, so the murderer must have interrupted him during this." Detective Thorne enters the drawing room and paces between the body by the piano and the safe.

"He was struck by the piano, several steps away from the safe. Why did he move away from the safe without locking it first? What was so urgent he lacked the time to spin a dial?"

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:27 pm

Mr. Plum shrugs, "I wouldn't know... I make it a point to be in the kitchen while the Earl opens the safe, so that I have no... temptation of getting in there. Maybe he used the piano as a sorting table, to sort out pay for the staff? That's the only reason I can think of."
When sneaking up on people, leave your cell phone at home... or at least off.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:19 pm

Thorne nods at the gardener. "That idea has merit. However if he was attacked while counting out money that leaves our murderer as the one who took it to deposit in the privy. Seems strange to murder a man for his money and then discard the money a short way away. Not that I think this crime was committed over a few piddling pounds. The bag had enough money to maintain the estate for a single month; not a trivial amount but certainly not a fortune worth killing over."