Murder Mystery

This forum contains those "neverending stories" where one person writes a bit of a story and then another person picks it up where the previous left off. Should make for some interesting reading.
Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Murder Mystery

Post by Amaris » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:01 pm

"Look in here!" David hysterically cries from the stair landing. The nursery is ripped apart as if a high wind had settled over the room. Amidst the mess the lamp is broken the silver plated piggy bank is cracked and the oak rocking chair was somehow hurled across the room.
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:23 pm

Lady Aberdine has silently pocketed the 100 Dollar bill from the states, and left the playbill on a table. She makes to leave the room, "All this talk of murder, while excellent for my new book, simply is starting to make my head spin. She stands up and then gives a meek cry, as she steps on something. "Now what was that?" Looking under her softsouled shoes she finds a tooth. "A tooth? Oh my."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:10 pm

Thorne grabs Lady Aberdine's wrist and takes the hundred dollar bill from her. "You were being forgetful madam, and placed that in your pocket. Perhaps you should sit down before accidentally dropping anything else." He plucks the tooth from the ground and eyes it critically.

Hearing David's cry the detective rushes upstairs, still holding the tooth, to behold the scattered mess.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:55 pm

Clyde hears Davids cry and runs upstairs clearly worried about his brother. As he takes the stairs two at time he pulls a pistol from his pocket, "I'm coming Davey" he calls running up the stairs. When he gets to the top and sees nothing but a messed up room he settles down and slides the gun back into the pocket he drew it from.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:01 pm

Clyde surreptitiously avoids letting Detective Thorne see his gun, but the detective notices he has it thanks to the distinctive (but undetectable to anyone else) smell of a combination of chemicals in pistol's wood handle varnish. This compound is primarily used by Smith & Wesson.

"Prefer American guns, Clyde? Very cowboy of you," states the detective. Clearly this is a man with observational skills beyond the bell curve. "Is anything missing from the room?"

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:21 pm

David peeks around the tall detective and takes a long look around the wrecked room. Even with the evidence of a violent rage that overturned the objects in the room, the ambiance has still remained cold musty and lifeless. His eye scans the bureau tops and stops to pause on the shelves. "Wendy's gone" he says quickly, looking behind him to see if his moter has come up the stairs.

Wendy was the name his mother gave the expensive porceline doll that belonged atop a painted shelf over the nursery crib.

David eyes the gun in Clydes pocket, tightens his lips in thought, as he says "No one is supposed to come in here."
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:55 pm

"What is 'Wendy'? A doll of some manner?" asks Detective Thorne.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:27 pm

The fat neighbor lady gasps as she is corrcted, "I must be getting tired." He then swings more of of her tonic, brandy of course, and slowly moves out into the garden when the rest of the house heads upstairs. Out in the rain she glances at the windows there and looks into the floorbeds, in fact she is rumaging in the flower beds, as if seeking something. Unfortuntely for her she is right under the window of Davey's room. She finds what she wants and tucks it under her petty coat and waddles back inside to the kitchen.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:38 pm

"Yessir, the babies... I gave it to her when she was first born. Father said he bought it in London, quite expensive he said"