Murder Mystery

This forum contains those "neverending stories" where one person writes a bit of a story and then another person picks it up where the previous left off. Should make for some interesting reading.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Murder Mystery

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:47 pm

"Oh thank heaven's he isn't dead! But to be so drunk in the middle of the day?" The chubby lady holds her hand over her mouth to show her surprise. Then she looks at the inspector quizically. "Me? Oh no, I never go to the Opera. All of those actors and singers! Its not good for ones moral fiber."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:28 pm

David coldly wonders if Lady Aberdine's pretending to be shocked at mid-day drinking was getting over on the testy detective. Along with her own batch of smelling salts, he was well aware of the silver flask she carried the contents of which are responsible for all of the afternoon naps she frequently partook of.
"Clyde did it", David says "He took the money from the safe, I saw him!"
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:47 pm

It's ok to finger people for other crimes like this. Remember that there was no witness to the murder itself other than the responsible party, so no one should say "i saw that person strike the earl", etc.
"You saw him physically opening the safe and taking out the money? With your own eyes?" Thorne glowers at the drunken youth. "Is this true Clyde? Do not lie boy, I am an excellent judge of character." The detective waits for either brother to respond.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:13 pm

Lear begins to straighten up the room, silent and efficient. It's not in his character to cast judgments over his employers, and so he allows no trace of disgust to pass his face as the brothers turn against one another.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:23 pm

Thorne waves at Lear to stop cleaning, and disturbing possible clues. "Thank you for bringing Reginald inside. I would rather you try to awaken him"
Anyone want to play Reginald as well as their other suspect?

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:04 pm

"Sir," the youth replies after polite hesitation, "I am not lying, where do you think he got the money for his drinking? Our father locks everything up just for this reason". "It was her idea" (he gestures towards his mother).
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:05 pm

The portly neighbor woman pats the young son on the shoulder, "There there boy. We all know your father hides his money in the safe. I wonder, who knows the combination?" She fans the Lady of the House and attempts to console the young boy.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:10 pm

Clyde stands and looks at David, "Ya, liar. I dodn't take the money. I get my money from grandpaaa, from grandpaaa, from grandpa's trust! I put the money IN the safe. Cause grandpa hated dad." He gestures around at the house, "All the money for this he got's from me or stole before I was old enough to run the trush meselve!"

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:36 pm

"Very well Clyde. If you know it, what is the combination?" asks the detective, taking a straightforward path to learn whether Clyde was actually meant to have access to the safe. Thorne shoots Lady Wyckstaff a meaningful look, waiting for her to cut in.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:55 pm

Clyde looks at the detective and motions for him to walk out of the room with him. Evidently he doesn't feel like telling the combination to the entire room. Once outside he rattles off four numbers for the detective. "Four, seven, ....It's my eightenth birthday. Sorta reminds the old man that since then he only gets the money I gives him."
I missed what year we were set in so giving the year of his 18th birthday seems misplaced