Murder Mystery

This forum contains those "neverending stories" where one person writes a bit of a story and then another person picks it up where the previous left off. Should make for some interesting reading.
Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Murder Mystery

Post by Deadman » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:57 pm

"Did you attend the performance?" asks Thorne.

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:02 am

Mr. Plum walks in from his room, having heard his name called. He is dressed in clean, but stained cover-alls and a long sleeve shirt. "I'm here, what do you need, Inspector?" He is tall and lean, but evenly built with brown hair that seems to refuse to stay down neatly. His grey eyes flit from person to person as though trying to keep an eye on everyone. Finally looking at the detective, he sighs. " I suppose you want to know about the Earl. Well, I found him just laying there, had some trouble with old memories, served in the War, so I went up to rest."
Are there any other questions I need to answer?

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:22 pm

Detective Thorne nods. "Please take a seat if you have lingering discomfort." He shows a veteran due respect. "I would like to know what brought you into the drawing room? It is rather far from both the garden and your cottage."
Seems reasonable there would be a small separate cottage for the groundskeeper on the estate

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:25 pm

"Thank you" Mr. Plum says as he takes a seat. "I thought I might have heard a noise, so I came in from the kitchen. I often eat supper with the Earl after my work is finished for the day. By the time I made it, the Earl was laying there, dead. The memories kicked in, so I rushed upstairs. there's a guest room I stay in if it's storming out. Is that all, Detective?"
When sneaking up on people, leave your cell phone at home... or at least off.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:01 am

Thorne looks at his watch. The time is currently 11:32pm. "What time did you find the Earl?"
It would have been sometime before dinner time. I picked this late hour so there would have been time to contact Thorne and bring him to the manor. It also explains why young David is keen for bed.

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:43 am

"I found him around 5:00, maybe 5:30, I'm not completely certain, as I don't wear a watch." He holds up his wrists to show that they have no watches on them. "It distracts me from my work."
When sneaking up on people, leave your cell phone at home... or at least off.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:21 am

"If you still feel ill you may rest on the couch with Lady Wyckstaff. I expect I will have more questions for you soon." Thorne walks with Mr. Plum back into the foyer and the gardener takes a seat.

Sensing Lady Aberdine is a bit of a gossip he pulls he aside to test the depths of her knowledge of the Wyckstaff family's secrets. "Madam, I understand there was a conflict between Clyde and the Earl over the fate of the inheritance from the Lady Wyckstaff's father. The boy claims his father had run through his own fortune. How dire was his financial situation?"

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:21 pm

Lady Wyckstaff continues to lounge on the couch in her fit. She barely pays attention to what is going on around her, but sits up alittle when the gardiner comes in. Her blue eyes turn steely and she openly glares at hte man. She is much too polite to cast asperations in a large group, but it's clear she does not like the man by half.
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:44 pm

Clyde looks from the detective to his mother and back and then interjects. "Could we speak alone for a moment detective?" He says, clearly he has continued to sober up over the last string of questions. Taking the detective down the hall for just a moment he speaks with him quietly.
It's a sore subject with my mother sir, my father spent a great deal of his funds on his mistresses. If you're worried I'm lying we can call the family lawyer he'll support my story. It doesn't help that once I was too old for him to take my money he started taking Davey's through a few legal loop holes. Poor kids future got spent on silk stockings and jewelery for glorified whores.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:11 pm

Thorne nods. He has no intention of embarassing Lady Wyckstaff further by bringing up her husband's infidelity with her. Unless the investigation requires it, of course.

"Clyde, why did you have all that money withdrawn from the bank? And why place it where you father could get it?"