Let the gods decide: A mini adventure for D20

Here are where the old games no longer played are posted. Check out some of the great games of the past!
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Let the gods decide: A mini adventure for D20

Post by Grimbold » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:37 pm

I will post more information soon. Have a look at the thread in the D20 OOC forums first. That's here: http://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/vi ... =3384.html

Grimbold

Re: Let the gods decide: A mini adventure for D20

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:07 pm

It is winter in the Northern Wastes. Even in this cold season, the tribes are fighting over land, food, resources and even honor. In the southwest are the lands of the Sigurdson tribe, a tribe of merchants and hunters. In the north and east are the lands of the Rathgar tribe and the Fromgard tribe. These two are having a decade-old bloody feud.

In the snow-covered lands, the transportation of choice is the dog sledge, and so good dogs are prized by all the tribes.

Bjorn Sigurdson is the eldest son of the chief of the Sigurdson tribe. He is, at 23, already a fierce warrior.
Wulf Sigurdson is his younger brother, and more of a hunter than Bjorn. He is 20.

They were on an extensive hunt when they lost their way and, after two weeks in the wilderness, found some Fromgard tribesmen that gave them food and two men to guide them a bit on in return for almost all possessions of the two Sigurdson men.

Then, they were trapped by the Rathgar tribe: The four men were captured in large nets that the Rathgars threw over them.

Now, the two Fromgards and the two Sigurdsons are tied up in a tent awaiting their fate.
Welcome Ardh05 as Wulf and Sempai as Bjorn! Post away!

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Wulf sighs, " I TOLD you two that it was a trap, but you had to go check out the freshly killed deer. Not that I can really blame you guys for being hungry..."

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:47 pm

Bjorn smiles, his large stocky frame, slumping from fatigue, his blonde hair flared from the wind looks to his brother with a raised eyebrow, " and you have never been lost hunting? I remember when you were a young ling and went after that rabbit, your lucky you didn't loose any toes from frostbite."

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:23 pm

The two other prisoners are silent, saying no word. The tent has not been constructed as a prisoner's tent, but a normal tent cleared out to act as a makeshift prison. In the middle there is a heap of rocks that make up a fireplace and some personal items, like bedrolls and cutlery are lying on the floor. Only spoons, no knives though.
Then one of the Fromgard tribesmen speaks: "I know that the chieftain of the Rathgar is a fierce man, he has been in his position for years. I do not think he will spare us."

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:03 pm

Wulf laughs as he recalls all of the times he got lost and disoriented while hunting. "I guess that's true... but that doesn't change our position here, though. Perhaps they will allow us to fight for our freedom... I think that'll be our best chance..."

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:31 pm

"Don't be too eager brother, a path for escape will make its self known, and we will follow it, and if its to fight, we will defiantly bring them one"

Bjorn simply waits comforting his younger brother, yet waiting for the moment to appear.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:48 pm

After some time the four prisoners are pulled out of the tent and now they can see the camp better. It is afternoon (they had been captured during tha last night). The tribe has tents of different sizes and they have been put up in a kind of small valley dotted with rocks and trees. There are about forty tents and several hundred men, women and children. Smoke is coming from openings in most of the tents as the Rathgar are cooking food or just heating their dwellings.
The tents are made of animal hides built over a strong scaffold of pine sticks. Women are preparing the deer, rabbits and other animals that the hunters brought back with them. The prisoners can even smell some meat roasting on fires. Between the tents there are some simple sleds and lots of shaggy dogs roam around between the tents, some freely, some are tied to poles driven into the frozen earth. A group of children is playing and as they see the prisoners, carried out by two trobesmen each, they start throwing snowballs at the four men, screaming and yelling in delight.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:50 pm

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Bjorn tries his best to be a stone, he smells the cooking, and feels the snowballs pelt his face, but he tries to look indifferent, hoping that his stature and stern demeanor will add strength to the other prisoners and especially his brother.