Act 1: Season of the Wolf

Here are where the old games no longer played are posted. Check out some of the great games of the past!
Odin
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Act 1: Season of the Wolf

Post by Odin » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:06 am

Georg looks to Travan and nods before poking his head out briefly to assess the situation. He remembers the man in the mail from the attack as having at least some semblance of "command".

He holds up three fingers indicating the three to the north and points to the middle finger. He then slides his finger across his throat to show him as a threat. He nods at the witcher once more and gets ready to charge.
I'll count myself as standing one square east of Travan.
I search for hidden dwarves...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:58 pm

I applogize for my lack of posting to this game. My wife had surgery and work was crazy as I was out so something had to fall by the way side. I'm back now, and back to normal.

I also seem to have posted a bad map with you guys in the wrong place.
The Witcher and his companion peek a look into the cave beyond and see the Red Lupine men, as well at their leader, which Georg heard called Valdagris the Hammer, when he was murdering Old Lady Crowsfeet among his caravan. Georg and Travan point north and south, counting them and assigning the men, when Georg's eyes lock on one of the men, they two have been spotted and the time for action is at hand, the gypys, filled with a desire for vengence for his wife leaps into action well before anyone else.
Buffs N Conditions
Georg: Blade Coating: +1 Att, +1 Dmg (Duration Longer than Combat)

Round 1 Initiative: Georg 19.8, Bandits 16.1, Witcher 10.3, Valdagris 10.1
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Odin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Odin » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:30 am

Georg springs into action charging at the nearest bandit to him, his face a cold visage of vengance. As he reaches the man he draws his sword and jabs it at him in one swift motion.
Move Action: W,W,W,W,W(total 25 ft) Combat Action:Flick of the Wrist, draw my shortsword and attack bandit #4. I should be standing in the square just south of Bandit #4. And no worries, family should always come before a game :)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:56 pm

Buffs N Conditions

Round 1 Initiative: Georg 19.8, Red Lupine 16.1, Witcher 10.3, Valdagris 10.1
Georg springs into action the moment the men spot him. He darts forward, drawing his blade with the flick of his wrist, but the blade gets caught on the scabbard. He comes to a halt without a weapon in his hand, the blade stuck in the sheath. He grabs back down and draws it but too late to strike a blow.
Note, since you acted first in the round, they would be flat footed, and so you could sneak attack without Flick of the Wrist, so didn't need to use that. Then you fumbled :(

Georg: Move/ Sneak Attack #4: 'œ1' (Fumble: 16) Miss
The men laugh, a hyena like laughter that fills the cave. One snarls, "Looks like we missed one'ada filthy gypsys! Get'em!" He strikes out with his own shortblade, a subquality weapon, but sharp enough. The blade misses Georg as the man ducks to the side. Two others of the Red Lupine bandits move in to attack Georg, shouting, "Gut'em!" and "I'll split you open!" Georg becomes flanked quickly, and he parries one strike, but another stabs in and slices across his leathers nearly drawing blood.

One of the bandits moves to guard his leader, setting in a full defensive posture.
Red Lupine
#1 Move Attack Georg: 14 Miss
#2 Move (Flank) Attack Georg: 20 Hit for 3 + 2 Sneak Attack = 5 VP
#3 Move/Full Defense
#4 Attack: 8 Miss
Travan...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Post by pygmaelion » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:22 pm

Travan's hand tighens on his long hilt as the Gypsy springs past him. He considers perhaps speaking a word of warning against haste, but forgoes it in favor of resigned silence.

The Witcher rises, and walks a slow arc toward the gypsy beset with bloodthirsty thugs.
Move action: South South West West
Travans looks at the earthen floor of the cave as his hands and blade weave the sigil of AXII. His voice fills the air, as he raises his eyes to stare into the soul of the brigand before him.
Going to try for a fear effect on Scumbag #2... hope he brought a change of breeches
"YOUR ETERNAL AGONY... IMMORTALITY OF PAIN ... SUFFERING WITHOUT END... AXIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 01, 2009 5:46 pm

Buffs N Conditions

Round 1 Initiative: Georg 19.8, Red Lupine 16.1, Witcher 10.3, Valdagris 10.1
The Witcher lopes forward into the cave, his walk slowly moving toward the bandits. His hand and blade begin to weave a sigil tracing the patter of Axii. He lifts his voice in sound, and it rings out in the chamber. Staring into the soul of the nearest foe he calls out at him, and you watch as the man's spirit breaks! The fear causing Axii takes nest in the Red Lupine Bandit's heart, and he gulps down hard, wetting himself on the spot. He cries out, "Run! Run!", paniced and frightened he looks ready to bolt.
Travan: Move/Axii Sign #2 'œ1' Failed! Frightened

Congrats the first Sign being cast.

Frightened
A frightened creature flees from the source of its fear as best it can. If unable to flee, it may fight. A frightened creature takes a -2 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. A frightened creature can use special abilities, including spells, to flee; indeed, the creature must use such means if they are the only way to escape. Frightened is like shaken, except that the creature must flee if possible.
The leader of the Bandits hefts his Heavy Flail in both hands, and begins to spin it from side to side, making a zone of danger in front of him, anyone steps into his area, and they will come under attack.
Valdagris: Readys Attack: Anyone Comes into his reach. He effectively gets an Attack of Oppo against the first person that steps into reach before his next action.

Image Valdagris' Dorian Battle Flail
Buffs N Conditions

Round 2 Initiative: Georg 19.8, Red Lupine 16.1, Witcher 10.3, Valdagris 10.1

Odin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Odin » Mon May 04, 2009 5:05 am

Georg winces at the sting and curses the blade. He hears screams of panic behind him as he launches another swing at the bandit in front of him, intent on ending the life of the miserable man.
Full attack on bandit #1

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 06, 2009 6:42 pm

Georg winces at the strike aimed at him, and spins plunging his blade at the belly of the man behind him. The sword Mahakaman forged blade slices nearly opening a large wound on the man's arm, but his armor absorbs the blow, the leather is rent wide open pieces of it falling off instead of flesh.
Georg: Full Attack #1: 18 Hit for 6 VPs
Then the Red Lupine counter attack, the man who just lost a piece of his arm guard moves, stepping into attack Travan, leaving Georg to his companions. The man howls, "I'll cut you up!" He does just that, stabbing Travan in the kidney! The man's short blade punches through the armor of the Witcher and breaks through the skin, into the muscle and organs underneath. Travan reaches down and knocks the weapon back and away, blood pouring form the wound there now, the blood loss instantly fatigues him, but he keeps on his feet angry like a wounded bear.
#1: 5ft, Attack Travan 'œ20' (Cirt: 18) Critical For 5 WPs: Fatigued: Fort Save 21 Success. Fatigued -2 STR, -2 DEX, Not Charge or Run

Since we are using Vitality and Wounds, cirticals go right to wounds, and Travan is doing pretty bad now, but he's not out of it yet.
One of the bandits is filled with fear from the Axii sign of the Witcher, and he turns tail and runs. Breaking as he does, it leaves his back exposed to Georg, who isn't one to pass up and opportunity to strike one of these men. So as the man turns and runs, Georg sweep around, and nearly slices the back of the man, but he twists leaping forward and avoids the strike just barely, causing him to get out of breath. The man flees deeper into the cave and cowers behind some boxes.
#2: Frightened: Flee AoO Georg 20 Hit for 9 VPs
The other bandits close in on Georg, "Look its one of those gypys, we musta missed one! Kill'em!" The pounce, but Georg parries one of the strikes with ease. The other however nearly cuts his fingers off, the blade banging his hand with the flat of the blade instead of the razor sharp edge. Georg's fingers sting from the strike.
#3: Move Attack Georg 11 Miss
#4: Attack Georg 16 Hit for 5 VP
Travan, the Witcher...
Georg: VP 25/25 WP: Full
Travan: VP 57/50, WP: 9/14 Fatigued -2 STR, -2 DEX, Not Charge or Run

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Post by pygmaelion » Fri May 08, 2009 6:57 pm

Travan's teeth grind together with as the cold steel of the Bandit's blade exits his flank. He raises his blade in a defensive manner, and swiftly reaches back to clutch the wound.

Finding that the puncture was only that of a bandit's measly shank, Travan snatches a Potion of Swallow from his belt, and rapidly snares the wax and cork seal on his teeth, dumping the concoction into his gullet.
Well, that hurt... I'll drink a potion of Fast healing Level 5 (the only Level 5 one I have, which is located on my armor... which just got a new vent, apparently.

I'd dearly love to call out a hexblade curse on this guy, but since Drinking the Potion takes up the time I'd be using to cast the spell, or make an attack, I guess this will have to do for now.

If that leaves me with a chance to 5 foot step, I'd like to move Northeast one square in a "fighting defensively" sort of way

Having emptied the flowery, yet viscous misture into his mouth, The witcher makes a guarded sidestep to put his attacker in a deadly sandwich of steel between Georg and himself.

As the last of the aftertaste of the potion disspates from the Witcher's pallate, the familiar metallic tinge of toxicity creeps up the back of his throat. It tastes of rust and bile, a flavor the Witcher recalls hazily from his early days in the Order.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 11, 2009 5:10 pm

Buffs N Conditions
Travan: Fast Healing 5 (Ends Round 7)

Travan pops the seal on the small glass vial attached to the shoulder of his armor. He drinks down the Swallow Potion that is inside it. The contents of the potion begin to work on knitting his flesh back together and restoring his lost vitality. Its not an instant fix, but it starts to work. The Witcher than moves to flank the bandit that hit him with Georg, giving the gypsy a perfect target for a sneak attack.
Travan: Potion : Fast Healing 5 (5 Rounds)

This will heal 5 VP/WP each round starting at the begining of your next action.
The leader of the bandits shouts, "Get them! Kill the Witcher!" He then proceeds to remain right where he is, doing nothing, but defending himself letting his lackeys wear you both out first before he wades into the fight.
Full Defense
Round 3 Initiative: Georg 19.8, Red Lupine 16.1, Witcher 10.3, Valdagris 10.1
George, flanking one of the bandits now with the Witcher...
Move Travan 5ft NE