D Day

Here are where the old games no longer played are posted. Check out some of the great games of the past!
Jungleboie
Level 2
Level 2

D Day

Post by Jungleboie » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:20 pm

June 4th 1944

You all have been in England for about 6 months. Doing nothing, but training and getting the occasional weekend pass. For the last week you have been confined to a camp that is under TIGHT security lockdown.

When I say tight, that means no letters, no outings, and no communication with the outside world. The camp in enclosed by a 10' fence and guards at the gates are British soldiers.

Training consists of blowing up wire emplacements and running up hill, the taking of bunkers and a lot of land navigation.

During your off time you are in the camp, doing movies (the latest from the good old US of A), KP (kitchen Patrol) and a lot of gambling with cards and dice.

You have been issued all your gear except for your weapons (actually you have them and use them but I haven't put the stats up yet.)

You have just been notified that you will be shipped off to the port for embarkation for the largest amphibious operation the world has ever seen.

OOC .At this time start talking amongst yourselves before the briefing that is in the making

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Jimmy Horwitz

Post by TetNak » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:43 pm

The smoke of a cigerette exits the nostrils of the skinny young man. The patch upon his chest says "Horwitz."

Leisurely, Jimmy Horwitz leans against the wall outside the messhall. Smoking and gazing into he sky, the boy from Detroit starts thinking to himself.

"I wish I was back home. Working in a factory. That's what I'll do if I ever make it out of here. Factory work. My good-for-nothing dad worked in a factory. Made decent cash ... that son-of-a-bitch could drink ..."

He catches himself actually speaking aloud, quickly looking around to see if anyone heard him.

Doing so, he almost looks comical. His big nose, narrow face, and bushy black hair.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:41 am

"God Damn It!" The curse exits the tent slightly ahead of the man, the New Captain, Carl Simmons with his new Double silver bars on his lappel and his cap as he takes it from his belt and places it on his head. He carries a paper in his right hand, where there is also a West Point ring.

He strides by men of the company witha curt nod and returned salute, and in rare casses a word of encouragment. He is not a large man, nor impossing in height.. He stands a full 5' 10" tall and fills out his frame but not to excess, clean shaven he heads off to his quarters to stud his orders.

Gozer
Level 2
Level 2

Another Day

Post by Gozer » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:04 am

A large man with Sargent stripes exits the latrine and straitens his uniform. He runs a hand through his brown hair before turning up the road to company CP.

'Hurry up and wait, hurry up and wait, I wish this army would get off it's butt and do something!' Robert Clayton thought. He paused and saluted as an officer approached. He reckognized Simmons almost immedietly, 'Did he get a promotion?'

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:41 pm

Lingering on one of the benches is a short squat man, almost deformedly short. Jeb Duke is a company sniper, a crack shot and a bit of a hillbilly. Chewing on a piece of grass that he pick from between the cracks of the pavement he looks almost like a cow.

"Well, goleey, its about time we up an did sumthin. I been as bo-red as a polecat in the dog pound." He comments to anyone that will listen as he looks around the area at the others. This private hasn't mande many friends yet, but that's alright with him, he doesn't need friends, all he needs his is rifle and a prayer to get him home.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:57 pm

"Hey Sarge!" says Horwitz as he stands up, pulling out his pack of smokes as he does so.

"Here," he says, offering a cigarette to Clayton. His eyes move over to the hick, Jeb Duke, for a second before he starts laughing.

"Hey, hillbelly boy, if you want to do something so bad ... go volunteer for my KP duty."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Rory's IC Post.

Post by TetNak » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:18 am

Joe Fenski stands outside the fence looking at all the guys that at least get to train.

Lt Tinly says we are part of the support team and may just stay here when the others ship out. Hmm, go figure. Those guys look bored and this side of the fence is worse. Maybe one of them will break a leg or something and I'll get to go. Tinly is driving me nuts... I don't think he's ever had troops before. Oh well, at least I'm not carrying that Bazooka anymore, now there's another waste. I think we'd have better luck with a slingshot and the old shape charges. Those worked like a spoon. I'll bet I could rig something up.

Joe looks lost in thought, but then... have you ever seen him not lost in thought? Come to think of it, his mind tends to wander off no matter what he is doing.

Hey... is that guy the sniper... I heard about him. I wonder if he has one of the M1C sniper rifles or the old 1903A1 with the long scope. Is he eating grass? I thought our food was bad. Where do they keep their equipment?

What is Joe staring at? The "real" soldiers are just a blur at this distance. Does he actually want to go fight?

It must be time for lunch. Who would have thought I'd be all the way over here in a chow driven unit. Tinly and the squad leaders spend more time making sure we eat than anything else. Isn't there somethig more important going on?

Joe walks back to the chow hall, he doesn't miss any meals. That's a good thing, he has to carry all the explosives now, and they are heavy. Tinly tried to carry Joe's pack last week and nearly collapsed.

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:54 pm

Captain Simmons Stops for a moment looking around.
"Sargent Clayton! I want the men assembled in an hour for a briefing, The Colonel wishes to brief us."
He Crisply Salutes and heads for his quarters to get himself packed and ready. Sleep will be far and few days between.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:11 pm

Jeb spits his chew at the mouthy Horwitz, "I ain't your mule. You can do yer own KP." Standing up the sniper moves to collect with the others hearing the call about a briefing later on he considers getting something to eat before hand or atleast a drink. He wanders to grab something, and then comes back with plenty time to spare.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Jungleboie
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Jungleboie » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:55 pm

as the troops form up into company formations. your company, "dog company", forms near the center of tent city.

the area can't support the full battalion in one location so the company commanders have been given a prepared statement from the battalion HQ.

this is what the commanders read to there company's:

The time has arrived in which all of you soldier's have been training for for the last 6 months. I have no daut that you will preform your duties to the upmost of your ability. some of you have been in operation torch or even in the invasion of sicily. but what we are about to do will go down in the history books. we are going to break the infamous "Hitlers Atlantic wall".

this Battalion has the honor of making the first landings of the invasion. you will be the vanguard of the invasion force. although not many of you will make it past the beach you duty and your contry need you. you will be carring extra supply's with you to get onto the beach, and all i as is that you get as far up the beach with this equipment as possible, so that the fallowing wave's of troops will have the material availible for the fight ahead of them.

You will be loading onto train this evening for the port that your company's have been assigned and loading onto ship once again for the departure of the force.

see you on the beach in the morning.

Col. Harry Bird
commanding