D Day

Here are where the old games no longer played are posted. Check out some of the great games of the past!
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:10 am

Note the I think cursing is appropriate on this game and I attend to. If anyone has a problem with that, please let me know and do not read further. Just let me know and I will give you a synopsis of what I posted.
Horwitz shakes his head, looking at another soldier, and saying at a moderate tone. "Shit on that! Fuck man!"

He quickly takes a smoke and starts quickly puffing at it. "Man, fuck, fuck, and super fuck."

The private sits dumbfounded. "I may never get laid again! My God, what a shitty way for that special lady I would has stuck ... shit!"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Rory
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Rory » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:17 pm

Joe Fenski picks up his gear behind the formation. The newcomer doesn't need to worry about getting comfortable here. Joe's dark hair and eyes hide his facial features but you can still see the excitement in his face. He is happy about something. Does he really know what we are about to do? He is a kid, and seems just a little too happy to be here right now.

Based on what he is carrying, Joe is an engineer, a demolitions man. The engineers will play a big role in the assault, making holes for the infantry that follow.

"Hey Sarge, where should I put my gear? Which squad am I in?"

Damn, I knew it. I got here just in time. This is where it's at. I wonder if there will be good food on the boat? How will they get mail off the beach?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:07 pm

Jeb sits down dejected, he knew this day would come. After all they weren't here in England on a vacation, but he just doesn't like the sounds of it all. Its a death warrent really. Then the cursing starts. He looks up and shouts to Horwitz, "Hey man shut up." He just says it nice a calm, without rasing his voice hardly at all. "That ain't helping."

He has always been a good Christian, gone to church each Sunday, even while in the service he's gone to the chaplin's services. However he's never thought himself a very religous man, but the threat of visiting God, Heaven and Hell soon starts to make him think.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:14 pm

Jimmy has never been much on faith, and probably less on manners. "Go fuck yourself," he tells Jeb, flicking him the bird while doing so.

"I can't help you ain't got no sheep to fuck around here, fucking hick."

He turns back to the briefing, hoping he wasn't too loud and will get yelled at by the Sarge for being out of line.

Gozer
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Gozer » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:25 am

Robert smiles to himself, his face betraying none of his thoughts. 'It's about time we attacked the krauts directly.'

His thoughts were quickly interupted as he heard the troops complaining about what's to come. Now wasn't the time for this, "Okay boys, you heard the briefing. We've got work to do! Grab your gear boys we're moving out! I want you all at the assembly area near the train station in two hours! So grab your shit, get some grub, and get your tails in gear, because we're going to war."

He starts motioning for the others to leave, and he'll kick any straggler or complainer he sees to make sure they get moving.

Rory
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Rory » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:07 am

Joe is among the first to arrive at the staging area. His Bergen rucksack is loaded with the demolitions gear you'd expect. In one of the side pockets you can see the corner of a sandwich.

In different surroundings you'd think Joe was the "country gone to city" kid. He looks around with interest and amazement at everything going on around him.

When the others arrive, Joe is sitting quietly near the maintenance building sewing on his patch and musing to himself, repeating the words of the supply clerk, "If you're gonna be one, you might as well be a big red 1."

Jungleboie
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Jungleboie » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:34 am

About an hour after all the troops have arrived, all of you are put onto the train. The car can hold 20 people and there are about 40 in here.

After about a 30 min ride, you disembark at the port that you practiced loading at before. As you line up for the embarkation to the ship, you are all told by your NCOs to grab you extra gear for the landing.
the gear is ammo and assorted explosives and other military paraphernalia. This will put all of you into the heavy enc. area, Except for Twilighting who will be in the extra heave area... :), and I need a name for that char.
Boarding the ship takes quite a while but you are happy to note that u did it faster this time than the last. The ship is packed with troops like the train, except that all of you are given spots on the deck for your living space, along with a couple hundred other soldiers.

Late that afternoon the ship sets sail for the harbor to join the other misc. ships that are forming to make the trek to the French shore. Once there, games of chance and stories of home are started from hundreds of voices, the mood seems jovial amongst all the troops, with some on silent thought of the fight that lays ahead.

Rory
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Rory » Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:23 am

Joe fits in well with the rest of the soldiers; he is easy to get along with. You've learned over the past few days that he is Italian and even though he shaves twice a day... he is one of the furriest men you've met. He grew up in a small town out west where he worked with a building demolition crew for a few months before signing up.

Joe is starting to get curious about his assignment on the assault and asks the nearest NCO, "Hey sarge, any idea who will be in which landing craft?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:41 am

Jimmy, seated nearby is a less than likable sort. He's gotten into at least three fights while stationed in England and has been written up on numerous occassions. He's a bad seed.

Smoking on the ship, the man sneers at just about everyone that passes by. A recent losers of a game of dice, the man is in a fouler mood than usual. "When do we get to this stupid place? I swear to God their are some sailors walking around that are undressing me with their eyes. Damn sick bastards! Get me off this boat!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:52 pm

Jeb's not a loud man, quiet and introspective he is seen exhaling in large heavy breaths often during the ride. The man is frieghtened for what is about to come. He keeps his distance from the loud mouth Jimmy. When the chaplin comes around offering prayers he joins in the vigil and offers his bowed head in prayer. His stomach is tied up in knots and he sweats with anticipation of the landing all the while thinking of home.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring