LTGD 3

Here are where the old games no longer played are posted. Check out some of the great games of the past!
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: LTGD 3

Post by Muskrat » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:22 am

Bjorn heaves a sigh of relief at the near miss of the branch. He glances quickly behind him and is relieved to see that, though Ulberth has gained, he is still well behind Bjorn. Bjorn urges the dogs on at full speed.
Bjorn goes at 50 m, plus aid to self.

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:58 pm

Ulberth goes straight across the lake to cover some more ground. He dodges around one patch of thin ice, and just uses his good luck to speed over another.
Bjorn has rounded the lake now and is driving up the slope, which is more difficult, and slower.

Bjorn aid self: fail; drive r9+7=16 for 56m
Bjorn aid self: fail; drive r4+7=11 for 31m

Ulberth drive: r24 for 64m
Ulberth spot: 18, success.

Ulberth drive: r16 for 56m
Ulberth spot: fail, 30% chance to break in. r45, does not break in.

Total distance covered:
Ulberth's sled 116m accross the lake
Bjorn: 474m (going along the lake)

Health Update:
Ulberth: -7
Bjorn 20/26

Going up the slope is slower.
You can choose between DC 13 and speed 30 or
DC 16 and speed 40.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:07 am

Bjorn heaves a sigh of relief as he reaches the slope and begins going up it. He had feared that if Ulberth took a short-cut across the lake, he might be able to reach the slope before Bjorn and confront him at its base. On the other hand, Bjorn does not look forward to the possibility of Ulberth attacking him as he drives up the slope. Still, there is no point in being reckless, now that he has the mead skin. He goes up the slope at a cautious pace. To be on the safe side, he drives on the side closest to the cliff wall, instead of the edge. If he is to have an accident, he would rather run into the cliff wall than over fall over the edge. And if Ulberth does catch up and attack him, he might be able to shove the Rathgar chief over the edge.
Bjorn goes at 30 m, plus aid to self.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:56 pm

Bjorn drives close to the wall and his yells and calls hasten the dogs and they speed up.
Ulberth drives over the lake at full speed, his rage forcing him to take more risks. He is almost through but then, the ice breaks and he falls in with his sled, there is a big hole in the ice now, but there is no trace of the sled or Ulberth.

Bjorn aid self: fail
Bjorn drive: r20+7=27 for 44m!
Bjorn aid self: success
Bjorn drive: r10+9=19 for 36m.

Ulberth drive: total 21, for 61m!
Ulberth spot: fail. 30% chance to break in. r24, breaks in.

Total distance covered:
Ulberth's sled 116m accross the lake
Bjorn: 394m (going along the lake)

Health Update:
Ulberth: -7
Bjorn 20/26

Going up the slope is slower.
You can choose between DC 13 and speed 30 or
DC 16 and speed 40.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:05 am

Bjorn stops the dogs and gazes down at the lake, his eyes lingering on the hole where Ulberth has fallen through. That easily could have been him, when he recklessly crossed the lake earlier. Despite the brutality with which the Rathgar chief has treated Bjorn and Wulf, Bjorn feels a small measure of pity for the old man, so driven to cling to power that it cost him his life. Bjorn has trouble believing that the Ulberth will survive long, having fallen into the freezing water in the middle of the winter.

In any case, he is now free to go at a safe pace, though he doesn't want to go too slowly, for who knows what is happening to Wulf back at the Rathgar settlement.
I'm assuming stopping on the slope is safe--if it isn't, Bjorn doesn't do so. Bjorn goes at 30 m, plus aid to self.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:30 pm

Bjorn stops for a few seconds to look at the lake and he can see a hand gripping the edge of the hole. Then he urges his dogs on.
It is now no problem to arrive at the village first and the waiting Rathgar gasp in surprise when they see him come out of the forest first. The shaman and the young warrior are true to their word, and soon, Bjorn and Wulf are equipped with weapons and food and sent on their way.
Ulberth stumbles out of the forest after half an hour, somehow he survived but he has also lost respect of the tribe and will probably face retirement in one of the Rathgar villages.

<Well done, Muskrat. Actually, Ulberth was level 4 and would have probably beaten you in melee. But he also had his shortcomings, ie not being the cleverest or wisest person. So Bjorn tricked him and won! Good job!
While running the race, I had a kind of "Indiana Jones" feeling of the action. Did you like the game? Any questions?>
<This game is now over. Another player has applied to start with part 2. I guess I will start him up as soon as he is ready.>

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:47 am

When Bjorn arrives in the village, he pulls the mead skin from his jacket. "The gods have looked kindly on me--as you can see I have returned with the prize. They have not looked so kindly on your chief, who fell into the lake. He managed to pull himself, but he is undoubtedly freezing in his wet clothes. You may want to go rescue him." He then goes to embrace Wulf and they prepare to depart.
Yes, I did enjoy the game. Thanks for running it. I can't say if it felt Indiana Jones to me, since I've never actually seen any of those movies. I kind of suspected Ulberth would be higher level than me--he is a tribal chief and he's considerably older--which is one of the reasons I avoided combat. If it had come down to combat, I would have tried to keep my distance from him the first couple of rounds and thrown my rocks at him, to shave off some of his hit points. But it's probably just as well I didn't have to find out if that would work.

When you run the game with two players, what happens in the village? Does the person who stays behind get involved in some sort of uprising against Ulberth? Or just have to fight for their lives?

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:55 pm

Then two people will race, one driving and one standing in the front. Ulberth will also be accompanied by a warrior. And the Rathgar have no hostages so they will just threaten to find and hunt the two should they try to escape. The shaman will have spells to track them down.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:29 pm

OK, thanks. I was just curious.

Grimbold