Crossing the wastes

Here are where the old games no longer played are posted. Check out some of the great games of the past!
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Crossing the wastes

Post by Grimbold » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:03 pm

This is for Phlale, welcome!
The Sigurdsson Brothers, Bjorn and Wulf are marching throught the icy wastes. They have just escaped from the clutches of the fierce Rathgar clan and are trying to walk east, to get to their homelands, weeks of travel away.
Choose if you want to be Bjorn or Wulf - look here
http://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/CharSheets.html

And try out the spoiler tags. You can find some info about them here:
http://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/vi ... =3328.html

Some general info on Play By Post is here:
http://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/vi ... =3329.html

Note that most games here expect a post from all players every 3 days at least. So progress will be much slower than in normal tabletop games. A battle can last for weeks. Just keep checking for updates. I will try to update once a day on average.

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Re: Crossing the wastes

Post by Phlale » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:22 pm

Bjorn scans the horizon for threats, human or otherwise, only looking closer often enough to avoid tripping over the uneven ground. Glancing to his right at the other warrior with him he smiles grimly.
Look lively, brother. The sooner we return home, the better, don't you think
For the third time today, Bjorn takes mental stock of their supplies, no more impressive than the last time.
A roaring fire, warm blankets, a hot meal...
Taking a move action to scan for things he might have missed, using second move action to walk

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:40 am

Bjorn looks around. It is early morning and the sun is shining, though it is freezing cold. The ground is covered in one or two feet of snow and ice and movement is difficult. There are some patches of woods in the hilly land around them. Wulf nods and points out where east is. To the north, Bjorn thinks he can see the shape of an animal, a wolf or dog or something, but it is still far away.

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:07 pm

Bjorn nods to his brother, then indicates the shape in the distance.
Think it's hunting us? Where there's one, there are bound to be more, right?
WIthout another word, he contines toward home, keeping an eye out for any other threats. His hand strays to the dagger at his side, and he wishes once more that he had something with more heft.
I assume anyway that the only weapons we have are those daggers, if I'm mistaken then great.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:35 pm

"I dunno. Can't see exactly what it is. Some kind of wolf or something... We need to be careful."

The rest of the day they trudge on, through the snow and in the evening, they make camp and light a small fire in a patch of forest where the ground can easily be cleared of snow. They only have their daggers but they are fine warriors and can use them well. They sit at the fire, warming up against the chill of the night and staring into the flames. Wulf, the younger one says: "Do you think we will make it? Or will we freeze to death in the wastes?"

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:09 pm

Bjorn smiles at his brother.
Of course we'll make it, if we're careful and with any luck. Bjorn's face betrays his worry. We'll have to set a watch tonight, I'm still worried about that wolf, or whatever it was. You sleep some, I'll wake you when I can't stay awake anymore. We'll pass it off like that until sunrise.
He rises to check their supply of wood one more time, ensuring that they have enough for the whole night.
Get some sleep,brother. I think we'll need it.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:33 pm

While Wulf sleeps, Bjorn guards, throwing a bit of wood on the fire every once in a while. It is a cold, dark night and Bjorn looks up at the stars twinkling in the black sky. Suddenly he can hear a twig snap, just some 20 feet to his right.

I will be probably away the coming week from Mo-Fr. I will try to post, but I will not be able to do this every day. The week after will be normal again (once per day if possible). Traffic here on weekends is normally very low.

You might want to find a picture to represent you - look at your personal settings. Ask me if you need to know anything...

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:35 pm

Bjorn draws his weapon and reaches out to his brother.
Wulf, I think I heard something. The warrior rises and calls out to the darkness. If there is anyone out there, come in an show yourself. Knowing full well that they are likely nothing more than animals likely that wolf they saw, but hoping anyway, Bjorn stands with his back to the fire.
Fair enough, have a good week! Been looking for an avatar, have yet to find anything that seems to fit.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:45 pm

Wulf gets up and grabs his dagger. Bjorn stands with his back to the fire as a large wolf comes out of the shadows. It bleaks its teeth and gets ready to attack.

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:59 pm

Bjorn adopts a low fighting posture, hoping to pull the animal's legs out from under it before it can attack the two brothers.
Brother, watch for any more.
Looking directly into the wolf's yellow eyes, Bjorn challenges it. Now, do you really want to fight me here? The growl emerging from the warrior's throat as low as the wolf's.
Intimidate = d20+2 vs Wisdom modifier+HD+d20

Assuming that fails:
Initiative = d20+2