Crossing the wastes

Here are where the old games no longer played are posted. Check out some of the great games of the past!
Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Re: Crossing the wastes

Post by Phlale » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:36 pm

Bjorn takes a deep breath to calm himself and steps to the left, attempting to turn the orc's back to Wulf. He raises his dagger and watches the shaman's hands, hoping to disrupt any spells it attempts to cast.
5 foot step. Ready attack to commence when the shaman starts casting. No power attack on that attack.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:46 pm

Bjorn: ready attack
Wulf: charge r15+4+2=hit for 5 damage.
Shaman: standard attack Bjorn: rolled total 20, hit for 3 damage.
Bjorn: attack: rolled 03+6=9, miss
Bjorn waits for the orc to act before attacking. But the orc does not cast a spell but he hits Bjorn in the groin with his staff. It hurts, but this strike is not really dangerous. Wulf charges at the orc, and stabs him in the left leg. The orc cries out: "Ya will all be ded fe dis!". Bjorn can now react and slashes at the orc, but his strike goes wild.
Bjorn: 18/26, AC 12
Wulf: 22/22; AC 14.
Wolf: -24, dead.
Orc shaman: -15, shield of faith +2 AC.

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:08 pm

Bjorn steps around the shaman again so that he and Wulf can attack it from both sides. Frustrated, he notes the orc's wounds and reasons it will soon attempt to heal itself. Once again, he waits for the orc to begin casting.
Ready action: Attack when the orc begin's casting. Hopefully while still getting flanking
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:22 pm

Wulf takes the opportunity and slashes the orc's back. Bjorn watches the orc and at the moment he tries to cast, he attacks, hits and opens a large wound. The orc is distraught, trying to remember the spell but fails and glares at Bjorn angrily.
Bjorn: move/delay attack
Wulf: attack shaman r17+4+2=hit for 4 damage.
Bjorn: delayed attack r13+6+2=hit for 7 damage. Orc: concentration check 19 total vs 18, success.
Shaman: cast defensively: total rolled 14, fail, lose spell.
Bjorn: 18/26, AC 12
Wulf: 22/22; AC 14.
Wolf: -24, dead.
Orc shaman: -26, shield of faith +2 AC.

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:07 pm

Bjorn grins, certain that they new have the orc on the ropes. He draws back the small blade and drives it forward as hard as he can, aiming for the center of the shaman's chest.
Power Attack 2 points
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:32 am

The shaman casts a spell and his hands begin to shimmer with dark energy! He attempts to touch Bjorn, but the warrior plunges his dagger deep into the orc's chest, then gives him a good kick so he falls backwards, dead.
Changed some initiative stuff for drama.
Bjorn: power attack r14+6-2=18, hit for 8 damage - dead. Well done! Good fight!

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:55 am

Bjorn cleans his blade on the orc's cloak, and begins to search the body for anything that might be of use. He hefts the heavy staff and looks up at his little brother.
"You're better with two of these, right?" handing the blade to Wulf. "I think I can survive with this old thing. Oh, and it's your watch."
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:46 pm

Bjorn and Wulf find some of the orc's gear.
Loot:
Some crazy magic stuff like feathers, snake skins, bones and strings
A quarterstaff
A studded leather armor
9 silver coins
A ration pack of salt-preserved rats
Cold weather clothing
A dagger
An amulet with a skull carved from red stone.
"Yes, it is my watch, so go to sleep, brother" Wulf laughs. His excitement at the battle and at being ensorcelled is slowly wearing off. "Do you think there are more of them around? I guess these magic users would not go far alone?"

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:01 pm

Bjorn gathers the rations and coins, ignoring the spell components and curls up to get some sleep by the fire. They'll figure out who gets the armour and extra clothing tomorrow, though they both know that He'll insist Wulf take both.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:18 pm

First, the ranger drags away the orc's body and the dead wolf. Sleeping aside a corpse is bad luck, he knows so much. Wulf takes the additional dagger and leaves Bjorn his own blade. It is slightly curved and made of black metal. He weighs it in his hand as he takes his position as a guard again. The night passes as the cold wind blows and both of the travellers are shivering in the freezing air. But both get a bit of sleep and are feeling a bit stiff in the morning. Of course, Bjorn is still wounded, by the wolf's bite and the orc's staff. As the sun rises, Wulf yawns. "What a night. A few more of those and we will be frozen solid. This night, we need to find better shelter." Wulf knows the approximate direction they have to go but neither of them has been in this part of the world and does not know what might come next. They just know, their general direction is east, where the sun has just risen.