The Gambit & The Reckonning

A GURPS Original Fantasy. All theme/storylines © Jason Duff (TetNak).

Run by the GM TetNak.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:34 pm

Gavran does not seem interested in this, and has thus made his way, quietly, from the scene.

Dead bodies wash upon shore, while others are drug off to sea, just another victim of the deadly waters that surround the island.

Aethalion and Datu now know better, but what they must do, or can do, is completely a mystery. There is a small village, several leagues north, but the Thunder Cliffs themselves reside at the tip of Yeor, and travel by foot their could take weeks.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:46 pm

"Someone said something about a small village not too far from here. Perhaps we should make for there as a starting point? Seems like a decent idea to me. Might provide a decent place to figure out where we'll go from here."

Datu looks around at the carnage strewn by the actions of the Tower.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:31 pm

"I have said that already, about a dozen times. Clean the sand from your ears friend!" Aethalion gives the dwarf a smug smile as he shakes his head in jest. He moves with causion but some speed hoping to reach or find this village before nightfall.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:32 pm

Datu shakes his head, as if to clear it.

"Ah, you are probably the one I was thinking of them." He grins. "All I said was that someone said it."

He then rubs the side of his head. "I think that crab monster hit me harder that I thought it did."

He takes off along with Aethalion.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:58 pm

Shaking his head he sighs, "Yes, I guess it did." He moves off running up the beach with the dwarf at his side.

Feels like Legolas and Gimli in Rohan, without Aragon.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:47 pm

Forsaken, by the Tower, and now by many of their companions, the pair keeps moving north along the beach. The dwarf, Datu, cannot move very quickly upon foot, which makes their movement slow at best.

A day passes, camping and moving, until finally the outskirts of a small port town can be seen. From what Aethalion gathered aboard the ship, this place was destined to be their next stop for supplies.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:41 pm

Aethalion pulls his hood up over his head, "Best we travel in disguise friend Datu. We do not know what kind of trouble the Tower has waiting for us when we arrive." He is known as a mage among the Tower, and so he makes sure to hide is Grimore, and makes his sword and bow display prominately. He even wears one of the small shield found among the wreckage, if such a thing was there to be scvanaged. He also removes all marks of the Tower, or the Shipwrights from visisble sight.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:25 pm

Luckily, by his nature, Datu does not have as many outward signs of his alliance with the Tower. He hides those that he does have and lets his mace hang upon his belt.

He looks around the town from where they currently stand. "Bah, too small to have any good booze here."

He takes a look down at his flask, noting that it is nearing the 1/3 full mark. "All my reserves went down in that cursed ship."

He starts muttering to himself. "Gonna haveta take it easy with this. No more good stuff for a while."

His mood sours.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:05 am

The Evol that tend to several small gardens give their full attention to the elf and dwarf as they pass. Small huts are set up in a seemingly random order, as Datu and Aethalion follow no road, and have to circle different huts or gardens time and time again.

"Turnips! One pence for you master dwarf, master elf!" An old coot of a man holds several turnips by their stalk, waving them about. "They are tasty!" Aethalion and Datu now realize all the gardens are indeed turnip gardens, as the marshland, though relatively solid along their path so far, is "looser" below their feet and most crps of any type have difficulty growing here.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:57 pm

Rumaging in his pockets the elf draws out a pence and walks over to the man, "Nothing I like more than a good turnip master farmer. Here." He pays for the tubber and takes it in return with a smile. He returns to Datu and makes a show of cleaning off the leaves, and brushing the turnip clean before he plans to eat it. The whole thing is an act, something to instill a bit of friendliness in the local population. Once around another hut he offers the turnip to Datu, "Do you like these things?" If the answer is yes he will give the veggi to the dwarf to eat, if not he holds on to it for now, never know when the next meal may come.