The Fourth Scroll - Winds of Change

The Crimson Empire is an alternate storyline from the official storyline of L5R. Crimson Empire is a "What if Bayushi Shoju and the Scorpion had won during the Scorpion Clan Coup." This is a completely different world from the official Clan Wars storyline.

Run by Emperor Vardaen the 1st
MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Trial of the Seppun

Post by MadVlat » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:29 am

Hisato bows deeper than before almost prostate upon the floor before the Otomo. He utters only one word. "Hai". Slowly he stands his head bowed deeply. The Seppun then takes three steps backwards before turning his back to the daimyo as is proper. His heart riding low in his chest he turns to face Shimazu and the others. With the most sincere bow he can muster. He speaks to the Crane heir apparent, "Doji Shimazu sama perhaps one day I will be able to repay the favor you have done the Seppun family this day. Until that time I will pray that the kami watch over you and your line. Now if you will forgive me I must make preparations for my journey to the mantis isles". The Imperial then turns making his way to the door he had entered. The few steps across the court feeling like untold miles to Hisato.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:32 am

Ryoko lifts an eyebrow at Hisato-sama's words, It seems the Imperial has not gotten rid of us yet... and smiles.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:24 pm

Hisato retreats from the chamber, there is a look of defeat on his face, something in the man has changed. He gives his good byes and is gone.

Shimazu speaks to Ujimitsu-dono one last time. "No Doji Dhimazu-san, I only as that you remember are last meeting. If you plan to seek your cousin, know he is attending the winter court of Hantei the 39th on the Mantis Isle. I shall have all supplies for you and your companions made ready, and a kobune that can sail the coasts or take you to the Isles of Spice and Silk even in the winter weather." As if on cue, outside it starts to blizzard, the winter has been held on bay, the Setsuban Festival over in a few hours Yukki-no-oni can not be held back any longer.
Any basic or normal supplies you guys can get easily enough, including non daisho-weapons or even light or ashigaru armor. Ujimitsu is generous with you guys, and it costs you nothing.

Ryoko send me a PM of just what you want total for your arrows.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:09 pm

Eriko opens her mouth and than closes it again, taking a quick breath she bows deeply before Shimazu. "Honorable Shiba Ujimitsu-sama, would it possible to send a courier to my homeland to report the recent events events regarding the blood speaker and the resulting journey that I about to partake. I am sure that my clan would wish to know of my whereabouts and activities." She remains bowed as she awaits a reply.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The End

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:06 pm

Ujimitsu nods to the Kuni, "I can send a runner to catch up with your yojimbo. Compose your letter you desire to send, and I shall see it sent."

If there is nothing else the court is ended, and everyone goes about there way...

This is going to end the chapter.

The next chapter will probably start after Thanksgiving so feel free to RP a bit with each other here if you want to finish up anything. I will be doing a fade in to start things off, and I will be awarding XP so watch your PM/Email.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: The End

Post by MadVlat » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:26 am

The snow pelts the Seppun. Stinging his already frozen cheeks as he makes his way to the funeral pyre of Kakita Mesuinu. Hisato pays little attention to his surroundings on this walk. His spirit gone from him as he remembers those blue eyes. His failure to her, the Emperor, his family, and all else he has touched since the coup. Father let me join you in honor, that I may no longer have those who respect the Seppun avert their eyes at mention of my name. The words echo over and over in his mind until he finally reaches his goal. High atop the neatly stacked timber and kindling, rest a figure shrouded in the purest white silk. Eta scurry about as they finish the preparations for the funeral.

The snow picks up with aid of the wind. Yet Hisato's body is held captive by his sorrow. His fingers begin to tingle, assaulted by a thousand pin pricks. Still he does not move. Minutes that seem like hours pass before he finally kneels before the body. His own lightly covered with the now sticky snow. The soft murmer of prayers the only warmth on this day. His hand slides to his wakisashi. It hovers dangerously as he contemplates his next action. Wanting his torment to end but knowing that he may not grant the privaledge to himself. His obi slackens the tiniest measure as he removes the blade. The steel sticks slightly, an effect of the cold. His next words come from deep within himself as he draws the edge across the palm of his hand. "I will find your murderer before the last candle burns". The blade makes two additional cuts paralell to the first. "...This I swear".

Hours pass as the half frozen body of an Imperial makes its way back from the temple. His coin string empty but his heart once again filled with the purpose every samurai needs. He knows who is responsible in his mind and he will see the false emperor's brother, pays for his sins. It is not the Bayushi's hands that are steeped in blood. It is his very soul.....
I will PM you "V". About where my money has gone.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:06 am

As Ryoko goes about his business, he makes one stop at a specific vendor. As the Festival has been held in the Firebird capitol, a city of magic, it should not be hard to find the single item he seeks... a flower. He cares not how much it costs, but more so that it reminds him of better times. Ones that have been and ones that will be. After he buys it, Ryoko quickly heads back to the donjon and requests ink, parchment and someone that can write. When they arive, he has them put into kanji, that which he can only speak...

Snow falls, petals bend
The flower's smile fades once more
For now, just sorrow...

Ryoko thanks the servant and folds the paper. Taking the flower and haiku, he quietly walks, well practices feet not making a sound, to seek audience with Shiba Tsukune-sama.
I will use Stealth. Not to be sneaky, but completely silent. If someone sees me, no problem. It's just the effect I'm looking for...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:52 pm

Shimazu is pleased to simply relax for the rest of the night. He allows the others to do as they wish. The Crane magistrate does visit a shrine, praying that Buntaro has found his way to Yomi.

He keeps to himself until first light. He will not emerge until a little after the first hour to make preparations for his journey.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:35 pm

Each person has their own agenda for the night and they go about it.

Morning arrives soon enough.

Here ends the Chapter. XP has been awarded.