The Sixth Scroll - Hindsight

The Crimson Empire is an alternate storyline from the official storyline of L5R. Crimson Empire is a "What if Bayushi Shoju and the Scorpion had won during the Scorpion Clan Coup." This is a completely different world from the official Clan Wars storyline.

Run by Emperor Vardaen the 1st
Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Preparing the Painting

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:10 am

"I'd first like to say, that I realize what I'm about to ask is going to sound both bizarre and won't make alot of sense. I'm sorry for that."

Shiori takes a deep breath and begins a brief retelling of why she is here.

"First I must ask that you tell no one of this favor or where we truly came from. Shimazu-sama, myself and Ryoko are actually from a time very far from now and have stepped through a painting to get here. We must step back through another painting in order to get home. They are grizzly and horrific in their construction. Kumpai created the first one as an act against Rokugan. He will create another one to put right most of the damage the first one did." Shiori waits for a moment and lets it sink in. She expects there will be questions and pauses for any that might come up now.
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:07 pm

As a Daidoji one is trained not to ask questions, merely to serve the Crane. But what Shuhei has heard here from the mouth of Shiori goes far beyond anything which he can comprehend and he somehow feels himself doubting Shiori's sanity. After a long drawn out silence he replies his mine stoic but grim. "Whom else have you told of this Shiori-chan?"
Big Pimpin...

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:08 pm

She closes her eyes tightly and exhales, "We have not told anyone. I would like to ask you to destroy the painting once we have gone through and to tell no one about it or it's magics." Her tone is colder now, as she had hoped he would at least not question her sanity after everything they have been through.

"It will take 2 hours to make the painting, we have to step through before it dries. All you have to do is consign it to flames or your sword after we've crossed." Her face is a polite mask with no emotion left, just the cold courtier.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:42 pm

"And what of the sudden dispersal of the Champion of the Tortoise and the leaders of the Hattori family?" Shuhei inquires his tone now more offensive and his demeanor grim. It appears to dawn on Shuhei that if this is not merely some perverted joke the time for him to write his final poem would be swiftly approaching as he failed Seikidera-domo in his duties. As no response comes forth from Shiori he speaks again this time in a more composed voice his tone final. "You will have to inform Seikider-domo and Tomeko-domo of your departure first. Otherwise I cannot help you for I am honorbound to look after you and your brother." with that he walks over to his desk picks up the scroll laying there and calls for the servant. "You will need to burn this" he says his voice commanding towards the servant and in the same voice he continues "Good night Shiori-chan!"
Big Pimpin...

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:55 pm

"I am truly sorry. Shimazu has spoken to Tomeko, and Ryoko is speaking with his fellow Tortoise at this moment. We cannot stay as we have done too much already." Shiori looks sad as she picks up on why he is unhappy with what their leaving will look like to those around him.

"Kumpai and the Spymaster have set us all on a course to change the future of Rokugan. We were sent to stop them both, and now must return before we do any further damage. The Spymaster intended to kill your Emperor as well as Seikedara-sama. She intended to leave the Crane and the rest of Rokugan with no leadership and turn the Mantis against us. You saw she had done that very nearly with the Mantis." She continues to speak her story- knowing that he at least has the right to know why she has ruined their budding friendship with this.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:57 pm

"Good then all you must do is speak to Shimazu-domo. If no one will miss you after your departure I will do what is needed. " he says with a bow. aparently he is none to happy about the turn of events bears it stoically.
Big Pimpin...

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:36 pm

"We are all injured. It will not be much to convince them that the Hattori's were badly injured in battle and that we have died of infection." She bows, "Though you will not know it- this has saved Rokugan."

She straightens and moves out into the hall, "Please meet me in an hour in my chambers. And thank you, may the Fates bless and keep you and yours." Her tone is sad and sincere, she really didn't want to end a friendship this way.

She takes her leave and moves off to her room. She must ask Shimazu what he told Tomeko-sama, and find out if she is willing to say they died of infection.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:31 pm

Shuhei returns to the table with his writing utensils where he writes a new letter to his wife and one to his Daimiyo, for it looks as the time has come for him to shave his head and start a new life somewhere far away.
Big Pimpin...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:57 pm

Shimazu watches over Kumpai as he paints. He watches him with disdain, and could, at any moment, look to strike down the traitor. He does not, however, knowing his work is too important for the moment. The samurai realizes that Kumpai will attempt to make his escape somehow, but it is the Doji's intention that he will, in the end, die for his crimes. He waits for the others to return.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:14 am

Shiori eventually returns to Shimazu and Kumpai first. The Crane woman hurriedly arrives, and by the look on her face her talk with Shuhei went well.

The three Crane are alone for an hour before Shuhei arrives. The Daidoji is busy writing another letter....
Ok Shimazu and Shiori go ahead and RP whatever you want. I leave it to you two to tell us when you are finished so that Shuhei can arrive. Once Ryoko is finished I'll have him join you as well.

You guys don't really need me at this point. Kumpai will not try and escape (HE WANTS TO GO HOME) and will work diligintly on the painting until its ready.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring