The Sixth Scroll - Hindsight: Stalking the Gaijin

The Crimson Empire is an alternate storyline from the official storyline of L5R. Crimson Empire is a "What if Bayushi Shoju and the Scorpion had won during the Scorpion Clan Coup." This is a completely different world from the official Clan Wars storyline.

Run by Emperor Vardaen the 1st
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Sixth Scroll - Hindsight: Stalking the Gaijin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:47 pm

Summer Time, During the Gozoku's Control of Rokugan, ~700 Before the Clan Wars, Reign of Hantei VI (Hantei Kusada)

An army of Gaijin marches on the captial, their navy moving up the coast, their infantry marching on th captial. War is coming, but the disposition of the enemy troups is unknown, their formations and unti strengths must be determined.

Matsu Ryoko has cast off his self imposed Musha Shugyo, he has pledged himself to defeating the Gaijin Invasion of the historical Rokugan. He has left the court of the Crane to take direct action, to scout the gaijin army and to find weak points and information for the generals who will lead the armies of Rokugan against the dishonorable barbarians attacking.

He has restocked his arrows, and tended to his wounds and hurried out into the courtyard and stable area of the Crane Estates. When he reaches the stables he finds Seppun Ishikawa, the Captain of the Imperial Guard just mounting his own horse, perhaps the Imperial might be able to assit the Lion in his task?
Welcome to Ryoko's split thread for the Battle of White Stag!

Ryoko's health is back to full, his quiver is at whatever state you want. Tell me what you want your arrows at total and they will be at that.
Last edited by Vardaen on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: The Sixth Scroll - Hindsight: Stalking the Gaijin

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:41 pm

Striding up to his own horse, a pale grey with black mane, the Lion smiles slightly, looking over at the other man. "Seppun Ishikawa, you wouldn't be joining me for a ride in the countryside, would you?"
Arrows: 16 willow leaf, 5 armor piercing, 6 flesh cutter, 4 frog's crotch and 4 humming bulb. Thanks, V.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:54 pm

The Captain of the Guard shakes his head, "Unforuntately no Ryoko-san, I would very much enjoy such a trip, but my duty demands I remain in the city with the guard. However you can not ride out alone, now can you?" He remains atop his horse a moment, not leaving as Ryoko gets his own pony saddled and ready to ride.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:15 am

"I have travelled alone, many years in fact, throughout the Firebird lands, bringing criminals to justice. I could do this alone, but I need men whose skills can be trusted and can ride back with updates. I am not too proud to admit I need help." He smiles at the man, liking him and hoping that he can trust him. "You wouldn't know anyone that fit's such a description, do you Captain?"
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:49 pm

Ishikawa smiles, "In fact I know a few young Seppun who would be just perfect to assit you. Come with me Matsu Ryoko-san and I shall introduce you to them." The Captain kicks his pony's flanks and takes off at a bolt heading toward one of the guardhouses along the outerwall of the city. he rides past troups mustering, and around hemin fleeing into the city from the surrounding countryside. Ryoko, following, will notice that there is a serious lack of samurai in the city. Rokugan's population simply isn't the same as what it is 700 years from now.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:16 pm

Ryoko shakes his head, hoping, praying that some bit of luck will help them in this. He follows the captain to see what men he has. Probably a few at most, seeing that there are so few to defend the city. "How are preparations going for the defense, Seppun Ishikawa-sama?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:01 am

The Imperial rides hard toward the gates, "We are woefully undermanned. I hope that the Crane can rally more troups for us. However the gaijin are dishonorable weaklings, so even if they outnumbered us 10 to 1 I would not fear for our victory. We are samurai, the children of the Kami, how can we fail!" He spurs his horse further, and the pair of them arrive at the gate. Ishikawa dismounts and a half dozen nearby Seppun move to sallute him. "Captain-sama, we are prepairing!" they glance at Ryoko curious.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:57 pm

Ryoko looks over the men, knowing they doubt him immediately. His Lion mon does not mean much in this time, but he will show them what it is to be a true warrior. He sets his face in a grim look, his yellow eyes smouldering and the shock white line of hair standing out in his long ponytail. He looks like death and will bring it to the gaijin.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:33 pm

Ishikawa nods, "Hai! Go and find me Niiro and Shatsu, I have an important task for them." The Seppun snaps a bow and hurries off to do just that.

In the guardhouse you can hear men moving and arming themselves. A few more Seppun arrive along with a handfull of other samurai from other clans, Crab and Fox both. There are no Imperial Legions in this day and age either, those troups of mixed clans won't come into being until after this war and after the break up of the Gozoku. So there is no standing army here in the Captial under imeprial control.

It isn't long before two young Samurai arrive from the battlements, they are Seppun Niiro and Seppun Shatsu. Both are young samurai, Niiro being a Samurai-ko. Ishikawa speaks to the three of you, "Matus Ryoko-san, these are my two best scouts and archers, Seppun Nirro-chan and Seppun Shatsu-san. Niiro-chan, Shatsu-san this here is Taisa Matsu Ryoko, a Captain of the Lion and your new commander." Both Seppun look at one another and nod affirmative to the Captain of the Guard. "I have picked you to serve Taisa Ryoko-san on a recon mission. Do as he commands as if it was I giving you the order. I expect you will not fail him or I." Both samurai shout in unison, "Hai Seppun Ishikawa-sama!" They bow to Ryoko deeply. The samurai-ko Niiro speaks, "It is an honor to serve you Taisa Matsu Ryoko-sama, by blade and bow are at your disposal." The other samurai nods echoing the same senitment in his stance.

Ishikawa looks at Ryoko, "Do you need anything else Captain Ryoko?"

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:42 pm

Ryoko swells with pride, having these two brave Seppun with him, both close to his age no doubt. Bowing back to them, "It is my Honor to have such capable bushi at my side. I know you will not fail us or the Empire. Mount up and ready yourselves!" Looking over to the captain, "Seppun Ishikawa-sama, may I have a word with you before I leave?"