The Seventh Scroll - Words and Deeds

The Crimson Empire is an alternate storyline from the official storyline of L5R. Crimson Empire is a "What if Bayushi Shoju and the Scorpion had won during the Scorpion Clan Coup." This is a completely different world from the official Clan Wars storyline.

Run by Emperor Vardaen the 1st
jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Spoils of War and Horse Theives

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:40 pm

Ryoko doesn't like the idea of their cart being swept away, but follwos the other in. He hangs onto the cart and uses all his skill to keep his feet from slipping out from under him. He looks up to the sky and whispers something to Kame-no-Kaze...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:11 am

I costs 2 Void to give someone 1 void. So Koji spends his last 2 void to give Dayu a d void, and dayu spends his own void.

8k5 = 36 vs TN 25 Success
With Shimazu and Ryoko on one side, and Koji on the other, Dayu drives the cart into the water. He pushes the horses hard and fast and they high step through the rushing ford pulling against the weight of the wagon now fully loaded. Koji reaches up once and stop a teatering box from falling off the back, while Shimazu and Ryoko push against the current of the stream. The crossing takes only a few moments and you quickly and safely exit the stream, wet, but safe and sound.

The water helps to wash off much of the muck and mud that was stuck on the lower half of everyone, but Ryoko and Koji both are covered from the waste up after falling or hiding in the mud. Ryoko, barefooted, continues to light step as you travel.

You soon return to the trees where you defeated the first dog and Shinjo. They aren't there of course, for Shiba Danru returned the prisoner and the horses to the Phoenix camp as you pressed on.
Last edited by Vardaen on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:24 am

Dayu pulls the horses to a stop before tying them where they're less likely to escape. Glad that the worst of the hazards are over, the smith is whistling tunelessly to himself as he grabs the reigsn once more.
Just so I'm clear, there are three horses with us?
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:45 am

He frowns at the Unicorns leather sandals and looks down at his own bare feet. It's too bad, he would have borrowed some sandals had any of the bushi had them.

He's no horseman and still has to learn a bit before he can ride one with any profiency. "Well, we have a ransom prisoner back at the camp and a total of five horses, counting the two Danru took for us. We still did pretty good."
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:24 pm

Koji breathes a sigh of relief as they conquer the fording then turns quickly and rinses his hands and face in the cool water of the river. The group moves forward with the former crab looking back over his shoulder every few yards to reassure himself that he is not being followed.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Return to the Phoenix Quartermaster

Post by Vardaen » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:04 am

You have:

Cart, Two Wheeled
Load of Phoenix Supplies
3 Shinjo Riding Horses (three from main camp)

You previous sent Danru, 2 horses, and 1 prisoner back to camp
The horse not pulling the cart is tied off to the rear of it, unless Shimazu, the only other one with horsemanship skills, chooses to ride it. The trip back to the Phoenix takes some time, the vart doesn't roll too fast all loaded up, and Dayu is carefully to avoid dangers of the 'road' with the pile of crates and boxes on the back.

You are about three quarters of the way there when you spy a half dozen Shiba Samurai moving your way. At the head is Shiba Danru, the Phoenix it would seem, has accquired some men and was on his back to find you all. "Konichi wa!" he calls out and moves to join you. "Well well well! I see the Quartermaster's trust in you was well placed! Look at this." He peers over the horses and the crates in the wagon with a wide smile unable to hide it.
Watch the OOC for XP awards for this bit of the game
Last edited by Vardaen on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: Return to the Phoenix Quartermaster

Post by Vardaen » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:21 am

Ooops....
Danru speaks up, "I can take the prisoner back to Katsuda-sama and relay your intentions and position if you would I rather do that. Otherwise I would come with you and fight with you against the Unicorn." He looks for a final order, willing to do as you all suggest.
Danru previously left the group to take the wounded and the horses back to the Phoenix. It would seem we goofed up. I'm going to edit back abit I guess.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:31 am

Ryoko smiles at the man's excitement. "Konichi-wa, Shiba Danru-san. Thank you for bringing help, but we just finished witht he Unicorn. We'll be sure to give you the location of where their camp was so you can report it directly to your Gunso." Such information would go a bit towards Danru's honor and him reporting it would help as well.

As for the goods, it's not the first time we raided a bunch of raiders, is it Shimazu?" Ryoko smiles widely at this, the memory of exploding gaijin pepper still fresh in his mind.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:36 am

"We have done many things for the good of the Empire," Shimazu says in response. "Let us hope we can aid our Phoenix friends in their endeavors to do the same." The Black Crane silently wonders about these rumors circulating about him.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:45 am

Dayu, unable to bow, and unwilling to set the reins down just yet, lowers his head to the approaching Phoenix. He is still mildly shocked by Go-Suto's informality, but then, the once Lion has even less stature than the Tsi. Mempo hanging open the smith smiles, "We shall aid all that work to regain the throne for the Son of Heaven." He shakes his head, thinking of the Unicorn maiden they let loose.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo