The Tenth Scroll - The Truest Test

The Crimson Empire is an alternate storyline from the official storyline of L5R. Crimson Empire is a "What if Bayushi Shoju and the Scorpion had won during the Scorpion Clan Coup." This is a completely different world from the official Clan Wars storyline.

Run by Emperor Vardaen the 1st
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Tiger 23rd, Good Winds, Warm Tidings

Post by Trogdor » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:19 pm

"Very well then," Chokei replies. "I shall have Gyozen prepare for the ceremony immediately. I know we are all eager for you to join the Boar Clan. And I hope you personally will join my council, Niban-san. Your people are mostly new to me. And I should like someone who knows their strengths among my advisers."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:54 pm

"I would be honored Daimyo Heichi Chokei-dono." Again he bows low from where he sits. "I shall inform the Nightingale they become Boar as soon as things as ready."

He takes his leave once given, and the talk on the other few options continues.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:24 am

Heichi Hikari bows to the now-Boar Niban as he departs, only to focus on Ishi a moment later.

"Well, Ishi-san, as it has been said by Chokei-dono and Shimazu-sama it is offered to you too. If you are willing to continue strengthening Kyuden Soyokaze and not just as an honored guest but as Boar as well. You've protected the citizens of Toshi Ranbo as a keeper of peace. A distinguished engineer is what is needed to keep a town growing stronger. Great planning will be required to make sure that this castle and its town stay secure against anyone who means them harm. Would you become a samurai of the Boar Clan?" The yojimbo asks.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:30 am

The ronin is grateful that he already had a fan obscuring his face when the offer of fealty was made. He has only been with this Clan for part of a single winter, and only been of a limited service in the fight with the corrupted Phoenix shugenja, as well as rebuilding the docks. On the other hand, Twenty Goblin Winters have seen similar offers of fealty in a shorter time frame, but not everyone is the Crab. Obviously.

He considers the offer. There are still matters of ... redemption to be dealt with. But perhaps the Fortunes are showing him a way. Surely helping the rebirth of an ancient Clan is a noble endeavor, and one for which his Ancestors may yet again turn their favor towards. He contemplates for a long moment before answering. "Hikari-sama, if you would have me, I would be honoured to serve."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:08 pm

"Of course we would, Ishi-san," Hikari replies with a smile and a respectful nod. "Our offer would not stand if it were not that we wished you would join our ranks as well."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:45 pm

"Fairly said. Then I will make ready for the ceremony then." He bows respectfully, then goes to find a priest to help him through the cleansing rituals necessary for such an important ceremony.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:36 am

It is settled. The Nightingale along with Ishi, Nitoshi and his new wife as well, shall join the Boar in an official naming ceremony in one weeks time. It will take that long to get enough mons together to hand out as well as give the families time to settle in after the long sea voyage. During the course of the week preparations are made.

A few more offers of fealty are given to the ronin in the kyuden, the Sparrow says, "The Sparrow are no more, they are less than that, and if I am the only one there is hardly purpose in remaining kokuless and without means to even feed myself. I will join the Boar Clan if that will mean a roof over myself, and sheets on my futon. Yes, domo arigato." She has been staying in the temple, not the kyuden as many of your other guests have, but at once arranges to move to better quarters.

The ronin Jyomon has been staying only because of the Whispering Caves and after you shut them down he's grown more and more ill at ease. You've heard him whispering to other guests about the 'will of the air kami' and the 'voices from below' and his conversations seem to stir up little bits of trouble or excitement related to what he might or might not have heard about from the Caves.
Last edited by Vardaen on Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:22 am

"I am glad about your decision," Hikari replies to Ishi and to the Sparrow. Of course any samurai who is trustworthy enough to join the boar and every sword that can be used in the defense of the Boar. However, the yojimbo can only do little about the ronin shugenja as she is not qualified enough to judge or give Jymon more access as he seems to desire it.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:04 am

Shimazu celebrates with the others. He is happy, clearly, with no pretense or falsehood. He checks in on Shimazu Nitoshi, asking him to see what men of the Nightingale might suit lives as magistrates. When done with the pleasantries he heads over to his old friend, Ryoko, "We need to find Chokei-sama a wife still, but things are looking up."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:59 pm

Chokei is joyful, and no small bit relieved, at the news that there will soon be a great many more Boar. And seeing as most of the Nightingale seem to be moving toward swearing in as Shimazu, he personally offers each of the shugenja the opportunity to join the Heichi family. Let that be the clan's shugenja family.

However, he does not neglect his duties. In fact, at one point he gathers his advisers and expresses concern about Jyomon. "His whisperings make me fear that he too is under the influence of the darkness below. We must keep a careful eye on him. Now that we have more samurai, let him go nowhere that he is not observed."