The Tenth Scroll - The Truest Test

The Crimson Empire is an alternate storyline from the official storyline of L5R. Crimson Empire is a "What if Bayushi Shoju and the Scorpion had won during the Scorpion Clan Coup." This is a completely different world from the official Clan Wars storyline.

Run by Emperor Vardaen the 1st
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Tiger 23rd, Good Winds, Warm Tidings

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:47 pm

With the ceremony approaching, Hikari occassionaly looks to converse with Nightingale samurai and ronin that are bound to join the Boar. The yojimbo searches for men and women who are quick in body and mind as she intends to set up an elite guard for her champion, however small their number may be. After all, for the time so far, it has only been the samurai-ko and some trusted guardsmen and she wants to expand that number and find worthy replacements with the Cranes' departures.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Tiger 23rd, Good Winds, Warm Tidings

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:36 am

Ishi takes the time to start to get to know the newcomers, these Nightingale samurai and ronin. They certainly seem like a well-traveled bunch.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Tiger 28rd, Its Always Something

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:52 pm

The day of the naming ceremony is at hand. The Nightngale will officially become part of the Boar this day. It is a busy morning, very busy for samurai and hemin alike. So much to get ready for and so many people involved. You feel a great nervousness at all the things to have done to make sure this goes smoothly.

That of course is when trouble strikes. Shimazu Nitoshi with Kitsuki Yamaso coem hurrying to find Shimazu. Nitoshi finds Shimazu speaking with Ryoko about marring Chokei off to someone, and the ideas have been slow coming. Nitoshi hurrys to join the pair, "Shimazu-dono, I am sorry to bother you right now, but we have trouble."

He looks at the Dragon who bows, and speaks, "I know you are busy with the naming of so many new samurai but something about the reason for why I came to Kyuden Soyokaze has finally come to light. I believe I have found my thief, and you are about to make her one of the Boar Clan."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Tiger 28rd, Its Always Something

Post by TetNak » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:07 pm

"And who is your thief?" Shimazu asks, looking at Nitoshi and Yamaso as they approach. He does not seem to be suprised or aggitated by the news. Shimazu is used to unpleasant surprises at this point, or so it seems.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:21 am

Chokei goes about the preparations for the ceremony, quite unaware that things are about to make life a little more difficult.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:07 pm

The Dragon show no emotions on her face. "I believe it to be the Sparrow, Suzume Torihime. After her move from the temple to the kyuden in preparation somethings have come to light. I would like to speak to the Daimyo before taking action against her."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:07 pm

Shimazu nods slowly, "Very well, a wise course of action." He waves Nitoshi closer, "Ask Chokei-sama to meet the Dragon and I in my quarters." He waits for Nitoshi to depart before waving the Dragon forward. "Come, we will wait for the Daimyo and discuss what method of evidence you have found." Shimazu was particularly interested in the Dragon's methods, as the old method almost brought Shimazu to ruin, as his brother's word simply outsted him without cause from his former clan.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:47 pm

Nitoshi bows and hurries to alert Chokei to the situation.

It isn't long before Chokei arrives in Shimazu's quarters.

That is where Kitsuki Yamaso and Shimazu are speaking on the concept of evidence, and the Kitsuki Method. Empirical proof, signs of innocence and guilt based on observation and facts, not the sincerity of a noble's words no matter how honorable they might be.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: The Tenth Scroll - The Truest Test

Post by TetNak » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:57 pm

Shimazu is waiting with Kitsuki Yamaso, turning slowly and nodding to Chokei as he arrives. "Chokei-sama, Yamaso-san had word for you in private before we swear in new members of the Boar." Shimazu takes a step back and crosses his arms over his chest as he waits for the two to converse on the subject.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: The Tenth Scroll - The Truest Test

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:56 pm

Yamaso bows and addresses the Daimyo. "Boar-dono, I have discovered the thief I have been chasing. It is Suzume Torihime, she has recently moved from the Temple to the Kyuden and in doing so given herself away. My investigations have proof that she is the one the Dragon Magistrates have been seeking. I would ask you to allow me to do my duty and take her away before her evil can infect the new Boar recruits."