The Tenth Scroll - Forging a Destiny

The Crimson Empire is an alternate storyline from the official storyline of L5R. Crimson Empire is a "What if Bayushi Shoju and the Scorpion had won during the Scorpion Clan Coup." This is a completely different world from the official Clan Wars storyline.

Run by Emperor Vardaen the 1st
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: The Tenth Scroll - Forging a Destiny

Post by Hayabusa » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:45 pm

"I'm afraid I do not understand, Dayu-san," Hikari replies a bit puzzled, letting the hammer rest. "Of course I respect if someone does not want to tell anything and someone's experiences are his to share. How did a naginata come to you? From the Heavens or a kami?"
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:38 pm

"No," then he remembers about the soul of the Shiba, "nothing quite that fantastical, sama. The short version is we recovered those artifacts and more for the Shiba, and Shiba Uijimitsu-dono gifted us those we carry in gratitude." There is obviously far more to the story, but the smith immediately goes back to the lesson, "Do not strike the same place over and over, it will be harder to even out later."
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:14 pm

"Hai," Hikari replies and raises the hammer again, trying to follow Dayu's instructions. At an angle and not the same place, she tells herself. "Well, the tale of a fight with an orochi is something that is already fantastical to me, Dayu-san, and there are more than enough tales that are not that grand. I heard of trickster spirits before so a giant sea snake is much more impressive. Do we not have time for a long version of the story, Dayu-san? Unless you think it would be inappropriate for me to either hear it or you telling it to me," she adds with a smile.

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:52 pm

"I only know the latter half of that story," Dayu watches the woman for a moment before he starts in on the story of their arrival in Crane lands. He begins after they secured the passage, conveniently skipping the less than honourable conduct that entailed. It is amazing how little time passed from the raid on the Castle of the Emerald Champion to meeting the Wasp, and Hikari, and so he continues, right up until the moment of the battle.

"What resulted you were part of, the fight, Shimazu's command of the army, the battle at the ford. In this past year I have heard and seen things I would never have imagined, and yet I believe them to be true..."
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:21 pm

Hikari only listens and watches the smith. Over time her arms began to tire and her strikes get fewer and softer, even beginning to miss the hot iron altogether. "You may have seen more in a year than many samurai in their lifetims, Dayu-sama," she says, amazed by the things the men have done. "Of course you believe the things you see with your own eyes and hear with your ears and kill with your own blade. I'd say it seems a bit fitting that there is going to be a rather quiet winter court for you then. Unless you miss exciting fights and large battles and fantastic encounters. My past year and whole life was far less exciting, I'm afraid."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:28 pm

This has been really nice guys. A good read, and well RPed. You can keep it up as long as you like. Or move on to another location later, etc. I very much like the un-directed RP for this time and place.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:44 pm

Yeah, I'd have no issue just keeping it going. Waiting for Phlale though.

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:17 am

Dayu stops, leans back and puts the blade in the quench, "Hikari-sama," he begins "never worry that your life is unexciting. In the Empire, excitement means the death of samurai, the starvation of heimen, and war." He stands slowly, "That is good enough for a first effort. A quiet winter would be welcome."
Sorry about the delay guys
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:35 am

"Oh, I do not worry that I would have an unexciting life. In fact I would have rather lived in that small village and raised my daughter for a lack of an exciting life than not," Hikari shrugs, putting the piece of metal she worked on into the quench as well. "But war came and things are not as they were. Now I meet the men who have face orochi and fought in decisive battles. I cannot help but wonder though: Are you looking for more fight or would you be fine to depart to the peaceful home of the Tsi if that were possible?"

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:57 am

Dayu stares at the Heichi yojimbo long and hard, "I am rare, in my family, few are capable warriors, fewer can both craft and fight well. So long as I draw breath, I will work to free them, and to redeem them in the eyes of loyal, honourable men. There is nothing more I can do."
"I will always return."
-Shinjo